My First Real Gun.

linton100

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey,

So I really want to properly get into airsoft and I have a gun, the Nuprol delta pioneer defender. I was recommended it as a starter gun when I went to the shop but I just really am not a fan of the looks and performance of the gun because I was lucky enough to be able to try out someone's modded ares amoeba am-013 and it was SOOOOOOOOOOO nice! It shot super straight for ages and it was responsive, just a really nice feel, plus the honey badger is one of my favorite guns. Anyway its my 18th in a couple of weeks and I super want to get a gun with the money I'll get however I'm not totally sure what to do because I'm kinda broke lol. I know I'll have enough for a new ares amoeba am-013 and a few mods however I've looked at a lot of reviews and forums about the gun and people say that there are common gearbox issues and that the motor isn't very good and I'm just a little daunted? So now I'm a little worried that I will buy the gun and it will break on me. Is this a good idea to buy this gun and get a few mods and ask someone at a shop to do it for me or should I try and learn it myself, or should I go for something else?

Thanks very much,

Linton :)

• Supporters

Hi bud And welcome , as it’s your 18th B’day soon can I ask which shop sold you the Nuprol ? 

Hi @linton100! 👋

Welcome to the forum, I would definitely consider what you buy, depending on your budget? 🤔💷

Ask on here and do your research YouTube and hopefully find something for you, good luck! 🔫🤞👍

💷GAMBLE💷

• Supporters

Ahh coolio , as I’m sure your aware to young to by your own 👍

to be honest mate I’d hang on until you can actually start playing again and have a look what everyone else is using and politely ask if you can have a go (near all S’ofters wil be more than happy to let you have a go) then start thinking what you want next . 

@linton100! 👋

@Druid799 he is correct on what he has said, so consider saving up 💷! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷 

18 soooon OMG I feel so old 😂

As @GAMBLEamd @Druid799have said hold out for a little more time before you decide. Let’s face it we won’t be playing for months anyway. Get to a few more games and see what others use and for sure ask for a go. Plus it will give you more time to save up. And then once you get three games under your belt and have the UKARA you won’t have to buy a two tone gun either. Unless you get gifted one by your friend again. ;)

And welcome...

8 minutes ago, linton100 said:

@GAMBLE

@Druid799 

Yeah you're probably right there, how much would u recommend to have before getting a gun?

Oh crikey that’s an open ended question and will open up a debate. This may turn out to be a long thread 😂

First point is set yourself a budget. Simple as that. Say £350 max. That includes mags as well and any other bits. Then look at what’s available in that range and google it. Research. Check out AATV on YouTube. They do so many reviews. And recommending a RIF is very subjective. People prefer different brands. It can be a mine field. 

Hi @linton100and welcome.

If you want the ares 013 then get it.

I have had mine for about 5 years. I purchased it second hand and it gets used a lot. It has never let me down and I have had no gearbox issues at all. Just recently put a new motor in it and that is all. I have never 'upgraded' it internally because it works as it should. I'm getting 340 fps on average.

It's a good gat and I wouldn't get rid of mine.but that's just my first hand opinion.Ultimately it up to your preference.👍

P.s

Check out @GAMBLE. He has a tube show which is super worth a watch 👀👀

Regards 

I've got mags and a rig and everything I would just need the gun, mods + attachments and maybe a battery depending on the size of the battery slot. What are your thoughts on buying used? Bad idea? Also about guns, I've done a LOT of looking lol, because I like to do a lot of research before I buy something because I don't have a lot of money. Anyway I've done loads of looking on websites and I super like the look of the ares amoeba am-013 but as I said I don't really know anything about modding and my friend keeps saying that they rattle themselves to death and its heard some horror stories so it's a bit daunting buying a brand new gun instead of something already modded. However if I get a new one and upgrade it I'll learn what I wouldn't mind doing however I know that it is going to cost more money and take a while. @Shamal Thanks a lot for your reply, really useful, I've heard the motor is really bad in it stock, how much of an improvement did the new motor make?

14 minutes ago, linton100 said:

I've got mags and a rig and everything I would just need the gun, mods + attachments and maybe a battery depending on the size of the battery slot. What are your thoughts on buying used? Bad idea? Also about guns, I've done a LOT of looking lol, because I like to do a lot of research before I buy something because I don't have a lot of money. Anyway I've done loads of looking on websites and I super like the look of the ares amoeba am-013 but as I said I don't really know anything about modding and my friend keeps saying that they rattle themselves to death and its heard some horror stories so it's a bit daunting buying a brand new gun instead of something already modded. However if I get a new one and upgrade it I'll learn what I wouldn't mind doing however I know that it is going to cost more money and take a while. @Shamal Thanks a lot for your reply, really useful, I've heard the motor is really bad in it stock, how much of an improvement did the new motor make?

Afaik it was the original motor,at least it was in gnu when I bought it,so i dont think it was that bad.i only changed it cause someone got me a new one for xmas. 

Improvement? I guess it seems livelier but nothing radical.

Regards 

• Supporters

Me personally I’d say bar saving up money (£400 and the world is your shop !) wait on everything till we’re all back playing again . Problem with asking for opinions on tinternet is opinions are like arse holes , everybody has one and more often than not there full of shit ! One man’s perfect gun is another’s Antichrist of airsoft ! Simple example for you the scorpion Evo , by the look of it from reviews and others players personal experiences with them one of the best guns you can get I've get genuinely never spoken to anyone who’s either had one or got one that didn’t love it , me ? I fecking hate them ! never owned one only fired one once but I just hate them to my very core no logical explanation just do so id never have one , if I was given one for free I’d ever sell it or give it away as quickly as possible . So if you were to ask me on the net “what do you think of scorpion evo’s ?” I’d say “I hate them would never have one !” Where as if you wait till we’re playing again your going to get much more honest opinions on a game day in the safezone than you ever will from the net . 

35 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Problem with asking for opinions on tinternet is opinions are like arse holes , everybody has one

Except the queen. Neither  an opinion nor an arsehole 🤣

• Supporters

That's not a REAL fucking gun...

(John Lennon's famous last words)

hey - don't flame me it's an oldie from here...

https://www.angelfire.com/or/mckennap/fuck.html

it is still a peew peew toy gun but a realistic looking one

but yeah research coz some are much better than others

yet most if not have their flaws

welcome to the toy gun world btw

4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

Except the queen. Neither  an opinion nor an arsehole 🤣

her old man (Philip) has dropped some clangers over the years

noncey Andrew & cuck Harry haven't helped either

so she has a number of arseholes around her though

thing about opinions being like arseholes....

you should avoid rubbing them in people's faces

well unless they are into all that - then yeah good money can be made I guess

Hi Linton, welcome to the site and airsoft, I'm no expert on anything, not even life and I'm an old git👨‍🦯 . First take a deep breath, count to ten and relax, if you're anything like me I'm a kid in a sweety shop when it come to airsoft, want it, want it, want it. As for getting a gun and modifying it " does it NEED to be modded" if you take your time and get a good gun it will probably go a couple of years at least without needing work. Can't comment on Ares but I have a G&G cost me around the £300 mark can't fault it really, the only things done internally was shimming, new hop unit, did fit a tightbore but had to put standard back in as took me over site fps limits and a cheap mosfet so I could run a lipo battery, did I really need to do any of it, no I didn't. So as advised get yourself some cash together take your time ( you are only 18 so have all the time in the world 😁). You should be able to pick up a good gun for around the 300 ish mark. On another point, eye protection, there is nothing that will destroy you game play experience than a crap set of eye protection, you want the best goggles you can afford, I hate mesh but the problem with goggles is fogging so until we can all get back to shooting each other there's another thing to investigate. Have fun and take care👍

You've received good advice Linton.  

If you like tinkering then you have even more scope for gnus.  A cheap but solid basic rifle is infinitely modifiable.  You may try someone else's and find it amazing to shoot, only to find that it's just the shell that's standard.  Just another thing to think about.    

The games that you wish to play come into it too.  If you get a passion for Cold War games, an FN2000 is not going to be much good.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.