First Rif, First Strip Down!

Zitch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yea I was thinking about working on the wood to add a rail but I am going to keep it intact so I can swap it if I fancy it and just buy a rail for the front end. I am considering fucking off the side mount and drilling the top plate to add a rail to it for the rds. 

You can pick up Zenitco clone 74u top sight mounts cheaply these days. 

The b18 mounts directly to and allows for optics to be placed directly above the existing rear sight.

It’ll look much better than a Heath Robinson job imho 

3 minutes ago, Alimcd said:

You can pick up Zenitco clone 74u top sight mounts cheaply these days. 

The b18 mounts directly to and allows for optics to be placed directly above the existing rear sight.

It’ll look much better than a Heath Robinson job imho 

True, I’d much rather a nice clean look. 

• Supporters

tbh the side rail looks pretty decent as-is.

if it were me i'd lose the torch and if possible the side section of rail.

if you wanna go the tactical route then some repro zenitco on the frontend will give you somewhere to mount a torch to (which will also be more convenient for activation)

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

tbh the side rail looks pretty decent as-is.

if it were me i'd lose the torch and if possible the side section of rail.

if you wanna go the tactical route then some repro zenitco on the frontend will give you somewhere to mount a torch to (which will also be more convenient for activation)

Yea I was thinking to move the torch to a front side rail along a grip below. The rail is very chunky and can’t be removed from the mount. 

Hi @Zitch! 👋

On my video tomorrow will cover a rail system option for the model you have, as a possible option? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

2 hours ago, GAMBLE said:

Hi @Zitch! 👋

On my video tomorrow will cover a rail system option for the model you have, as a possible option? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

cool, I look forward to watching it. :) 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Zitch said:

Yea I was thinking to move the torch to a front side rail along a grip below. The rail is very chunky and can’t be removed from the mount. 

There are some options, but be careful when picking the repro zenitco stuff as the handguard dimensions on some patterns of ak are different to others and even when it is the "right" type you may need to crack out a file to get it to sit snug.

21 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

There are some options, but be careful when picking the repro zenitco stuff as the handguard dimensions on some patterns of ak are different to others and even when it is the "right" type you may need to crack out a file to get it to sit snug.

Will do cheers, I don’t mind a bit of tinkering to get them to fit. 

put a new a battery in the rds this evening and found out the sight is kaput. On closer inspection the emitter had been all scratched up as if it had been attacked with a small screw driver in the past. Can’t help but start to feel slightly ripped off now but hey that’s the risk with buying second hand. 

Welcome

Congrats on your new pew and the work you've done on it.

You can get red dot sights quite cheap.

This one is quite good for the price: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airsoft-Goggles-Tactical-Suitable-Picatinny/dp/B083D2WL7C/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Or just have a look at our classifieds

22 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Welcome

This one is quite good for the price: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Airsoft-Goggles-Tactical-Suitable-Picatinny/dp/B083D2WL7C/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Or just have a look at our classifieds

Thank you. :) 

Yea I’m keeping an eye on the classifieds. Going to buy most of the replacement parts and upgrades on payday and hopefully be happy with it all once that is done. Then onto a nice little gbb side piece.  

• Supporters
5 hours ago, EDcase said:

Welcome

i can't find it now, but the pinty 1x30 red dots are pretty decent and look not too bad on an ak (looks almost like a rakurs if you squint really really hard), it's amazing what the chinese can knock together for sub £20 these days.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.