First Rif, First Strip Down!

Zitch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So my first rif (2nd hand) arrived this morning. It’s a Cybergun ak47u. 

As it was a few years old and the previous owner hadn’t opened it for a few years I thought I’d give it a bash, well that was a learning curve! (The trigger spring and reverse latch! What little bastards!) 

It was definitely worth stripping down, compression was non-existent, cylinder head was ok but piston seal was so loose it had no chance of sealing. Replaced and all good. it had obviously had work in the past, it was shimmed well and needed no adjustment there, but the bushes need to be replaced. Also all the wiring has been soldered at the motor and trigger which made working on it slightly more of a pain (will replace all cables and install mosfet soon). 

The spring could also do with being replaced and bearing guide fitted. Exiting spring has a pretty poor cut job on it. 

Cleaned lubed and rebuilt. Had a bit of a faff with the trigger but got there eventually. Had an issue then with not being able to select semi, cause found to be bad position of wire when I rebuilt it, adjusted and now all good. 

Now waiting on payday to get some replacement parts ordered and then just the wait to get to use it! :) 

D20C6D5C-DBEC-4825-B2DB-C5B527B7A8D1.jpeg

42D01EFE-112D-4844-A76E-DDD4BE4B24FD.jpeg

0431DC34-A585-4D2F-B943-F02F71D646E5.jpeg

3E7E57B3-0C0F-44D9-8AD2-1FA2C845D0FF.jpeg

Hi @Zitch! 👋

Takes me back down memory lane my first AEG was 2nd hand, still got it and has the highest K/D ratio, out my collection! 🔫

Hopefully all goes well on your end and can’t wait to hear about the updates! 🔫😎👍

Also given me an idea for this Sunday’s video! 🔫🤔👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Glad to hear it and can’t wait to see it finished! 🔫😎👍

Also is it ok if I reference your name Zitch for this particular topic, out of the few I plan? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, Lozart said:

That mag is giving me Forrest Whittaker eye.

but the lack of vent holes in the handguard, whatever is going on with that siderail mount and the filthy capitalist suppressor arent? :P :P :P

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

but the lack of vent holes in the handguard, whatever is going on with that siderail mount and the filthy capitalist suppressor arent? :P :P :P

I...can't look...directly...at..it! HNNNGGG!!!!!!

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

shhh, just pretend it's an arsenal slr107

gag throw up GIF

Haha I have to admit I am not a big ak fan myself. But for my first rif I wanted something that had a good rep indoor and out, I shall be replacing the handguard for a tactical, either top and bottom or just bottom for now. 

adding a few bits to this then going to pick up a hi Capa I think. 

15 hours ago, GAMBLE said:

Glad to hear it and can’t wait to see it finished! 🔫😎👍

Also is it ok if I reference your name Zitch for this particular topic, out of the few I plan? 🤔

💷GAMBLE💷

Yea of course no worries. 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Zitch said:

Haha I have to admit I am not a big ak fan myself. But for my first rif I wanted something that had a good rep indoor and out, I shall be replacing the handguard for a tactical, either top and bottom or just bottom for now. 

adding a few bits to this then going to pick up a hi Capa I think. 

Yea of course no worries. 

Most people don't see the problem but it's a 7.62 mag in a 5.45 calibre gun. As far as airsoft goes it functions just fine but some of us...well...we need to get out more quite frankly.

True, i do have the smaller Calibre mag aswell but in the terrible orange colour. I will be re-spraying it next week as a trial for a pattern I want to try. 

Our Lord Mikhail is turning in his grave..

22 hours ago, Zitch said:

Also all the wiring has been soldered at the motor

Just read that.

Why the fuck do people solder wires onto the motor is beyond me, as if spade connectors weren't cheap enough already -.-

Luckily you opened it up and noticed the issue.

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Skara said:

Just read that.

Why the fuck do people solder wires onto the motor is beyond me, as if spade connectors weren't cheap enough already -.-

really depends on the gun.

some guns you can get away with it if you don't plan on changing the motor on the regular, eg if you're using gate mosfets on an ak you can permamently have the wiring up to the mosfet left installed because it doesn't hinder working on the gun.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

really depends on the gun.

some guns you can get away with it if you don't plan on changing the motor on the regular, eg if you're using gate mosfets on an ak you can permamently have the wiring up to the mosfet left installed because it doesn't hinder working on the gun.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

Just read that.

yea I don’t understand why you wouldn’t use spades if not fitting a mosfet or perm wiring. Meant I couldn’t remove the trigger unit and was a bit of a pain. Getting in the way. 

had a quick spray up of the orange mag, not a neat job just a quick one to see if I like the look. What does everyone think? I think it’s better than the orange but the grey needs to be darker/softer in my opinion. Also it doesn’t match the ak at the moment as it clashes with the wood guards. Will look better once they get swapped out. 

14C2CFE2-7068-4E31-BEFC-D892CBDE73D6.jpeg

05B03EF2-2F05-4446-B0DB-C3BF53F5CEAC.jpeg

• Supporters
21 minutes ago, Zitch said:

yea I don’t understand why you wouldn’t use spades if not fitting a mosfet or perm wiring. Meant I couldn’t remove the trigger unit and was a bit of a pain. Getting in the way. 

generally i'm using gate mosfets, so there's an entirely seperate connector for the trigger going to the mosfet.

that mag looks ok, personally i quite like the orange (granted the airsoft version of orange does tend to be a bit on the light side).

what i really wish is for decent plum.....

5 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

generally i'm using gate mosfets, so there's an entirely seperate connector for the trigger going to the mosfet.

that mag looks ok, personally i quite like the orange (granted the airsoft version of orange does tend to be a bit on the light side).

what i really wish is for decent plum.....

Yea, if the orange was the same tone as the hand guard I probably would have left it, but it was a horrible tacky orange. This one is far from perfect but I think it’s still an improvement on the orange that was. 

Still have time to experiment and get it right for you. 🔫😎👍

Making progress, is always the right step, with less problems to encounter! 🤔👍

💷GAMBLE💷

I love working on AKs but the v3 trigger and ARL are, as you say, a PITA 😡

I have built one up last summer with a Gate NanoHARD, improved sealing (air nozzle, o-ring, bucking and nub) and a Madbull barrel. Cracking little gun that with the weathered paint and wood looks pretty unassuming. I have just done a mod I saw in the wild a few years back, basically take a Scout light, remove the RIS mount and bolt directly through some holes you drill in the upper hand guard! Seems that lack of tactical fore end didn't stop the local guys trying to get all tacticool like the US and Brits they were working along side 😁

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

I have just done a mod I saw in the wild a few years back, basically take a Scout light, remove the RIS mount and bolt directly through some holes you drill in the upper hand guard! Seems that lack of tactical fore end didn't stop the local guys trying to get all tacticool like the US and Brits they were working along side 😁

ahh the greatest spirit of the ak, if it don't fit imma make it fit :P

tbh i'm currently hunting for a way to get a wee stub of rail mounted between the gas block and barrel so i can get me 2dp side-mounted there and can go back to the original handguard.

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

ahh the greatest spirit of the ak, if it don't fit imma make it fit :P

tbh i'm currently hunting for a way to get a wee stub of rail mounted between the gas block and barrel so i can get me 2dp side-mounted there and can go back to the original handguard.

short RIS rail section and two wood screws 🤣

20210206_160518.jpg

20210206_160447.jpg

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, SSPKali said:

short RIS rail section and two wood screws 🤣

dont wanna go drilling into the wood.

really hard to find a pic of what i'm meaning but something like the laser positioning of these:

1P87_PVS14_AK105_Sandman-K_AK74M_762SDN6_Left.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.