Post Lockdown Maintenance.

ghostwalker

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So with a large slice of luck we may one day be returning to our favourite sports and getting to sling some plastic once more.

Bu here is the question.

I haven't used any of my rifs since last feb/march time. They have been cleaned, dried and stored in a cupboard ever since. My gas pistols have had a squirt of mainenance gas put into the mags and been set down to wait their glory days once more.

So with the hope of returning sometime soon. Whats things should we be doing to our various rifs to prepare to sling plastic once more?

• Supporters

Sounds like you've already done everything you'd need to.

Might be worth checking your batteries haven't swollen up (assuming you use LiPo's). If you have any that are near the FPS limit for your site then you may want to make sure the spring hasn't gone stiff and pushed your FPS up (apparently it's a thing but can't say I've ever experienced it myself).

Gas pistols might benefit from a clean and lube for the working parts.

Other than that it's more likely to be kit admin, maybe some dry fire type drills (primary to secondary transition, shoulder transitions, mag changes) if that's your kind of thing.

GBBs can always benefit from a quick once over before a game day. Personally, I'll also be giving my barrels a good clean just in case anything like dust has found its way inside.

18 hours ago, DerDer said:

Might be worth checking to see if fatigues still fit and if belts etc need to be loosened. 

I'm the other way. I was fitting a rubber knife to my belt kit yesterday and when I put the belt on to see how the draw was, it almost fell down xD

I will, however, also agree with this. Make sure to check how your kit fits and make adjustments where necessary.

12 minutes ago, Impulse said:

I was fitting a rubber knife to my belt kit yesterday and when I put the belt on to see how the draw was, it almost fell down xD

how :(

1 hour ago, Skara said:

how :(

Being the foodie that I am with an essentially bottomless appetite, it can only be described as self-flagellation. Strict diet suuuuuucks, but I'm over 40kg down from this time last year; got another 25kg to go.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.