Slide Lock With Rounds Left

Egoslave

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all. New to the forum!

I have a VFC Glock 17 which is slide ‘locking’ with 3-4 BBs remaining in the mag.

Although it’s not actually locking back fully enough to utilise the slide release!

I have to manually rack it and then I can empty the mag.

Any ideas what can cause this?

Magazine? Gas?

Thanks

25 minutes ago, Egoslave said:

Hi all. New to the forum!

I have a VFC Glock 17 which is slide ‘locking’ with 3-4 BBs remaining in the mag.

Although it’s not actually locking back fully enough to utilise the slide release!

I have to manually rack it and then I can empty the mag.

Any ideas what can cause this?

Magazine? Gas?

Thanks

Welcome.

I once had a Stark Arms G17 (made by VFC) that had a similar issue, the gun would shoot nearly a mag and then the slide would stick out of battery.

Turns out, it needed a lot of lube. Once cleaned and greased/oiled in the appropriate places it worked fine.

Try that first and see what happens.

21 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Welcome.

I once had a Stark Arms G17 (made by VFC) that had a similar issue, the gun would shoot nearly a mag and then the slide would stick out of battery.

Turns out, it needed a lot of lube. Once cleaned and greased/oiled in the appropriate places it worked fine.

Try that first and see what happens.

Thanks for your help. A spot of oil and a fully gassed mag sorted out most of it. However, it now doesn’t lock back when empty. Very frustrating

13 minutes ago, Egoslave said:

Thanks for your help. A spot of oil and a fully gassed mag sorted out most of it. However, it now doesn’t lock back when empty. Very frustrating

Update. It’s a magazine issue as I tried my spare mag and it kicks back fine on empty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.