How to Tell What Make a Scar L Is?

Ebr sniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi,

So I’m looking at a scar l as a fixer upper and the owner has no idea what make it is and reading on forums seems quite mixed on how to identify each brand. Can anyone for definite outline differences between the vfc, g&g and the cyma so people can identify a make easily on an inspection.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give. 

• Supporters

Image result for this thread is worthless without pics

Seriously though, there's a few things to look for:

Depending on when the gun was made if it's a G&G it may or may not have trademarks but it should at least say G&G Armament on the left side of the upper receiver just below the top rail at the rear.

If it's the CYMA/Cybergun one then it'll have a full set of licenced FN trademarks on it

If it's the VFC then it'll look lovely, the hop unit is somewhat different in these but you'll only know that if you can actually see it!

Don't forget Ares, JLS and Classic Army also made SCARs over the years. Obviously TM have too with their NGRS but that's one of the easiest to identify.

Best bet is to look at the gearbox. The choice of components used (assuming it's relatively stock) could provide useful clues to it's origin.

• Supporters
4 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

If of interest I’ve a DBoys Scar (Scar L I think)

It’s sat in my store and can come out for photos

Good point. I have a G&G SCAR L CQC in easy reach.

These are the pics I got off the seller. It’s a boneyard and I have a vfc shell that I was going to use to make one good scar out of but wasn’t sure of compatibility between the makes

7BB72660-D326-4F6F-BB83-0B56C53E88E3.jpeg

5E2C1CDB-844F-49F7-AE26-800420BB93A0.jpeg

FA621B74-1CAD-4ADE-B1B7-D366CE87349A.jpeg

5C9F4EE5-83C8-4F02-9918-3E2121F44317.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.