Melted TM P226

Guest nemokingdom

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Guest nemokingdom

Long story short, I tried stripping the slide and grips with biostrip20, thinking it would be safe as I've used it on other plastics. Turns out, it isn't, and my slide and grips are no more.

So now I have half a pistol that I don't know what to do with. I could get a metal slide kit, but the guarder ones have bad reviews and everything else is either very expensive or not available online.

Any ideas?

So it sounds like you tried to un-two-tone a two-tone gun. Naughty.

Honestly, you are looking at around £35 for a new replacement slide, £25 for grips, assuming you want TM OEM. But Neither are in stock with the likes of Fire-Support at the moment.

You might have some luck posting a wanted ad in the classifieds. Otherwise sell what you have for spares and put it down as an expensive lesson learned.

Guest nemokingdom

Thanks for the suggestions, looks like finding a stock replacement is the way to go. 

I was also trying to find out if it would be viable to buy a TM clone with a metal slide like the WE f226 and just replace the internals with my TM ones. However, I'm not sure if they are 100% compatible or if it would require a lot of effort to make everything fit.

Guest nemokingdom
5 minutes ago, Cr0-Magnon said:

I don't understand. TM's are made of dyed plastic, there's no paint to strip from them....UNLESS! 😲

You can turn a IF into a RIF if you have a valid defence to the VCR so I'm all good

6 hours ago, nemokingdom said:

You can turn a IF into a RIF if you have a valid defence to the VCR so I'm all good

The devil in me says this: If you had a valid defense then you wouldn't buy an IF in the first place.

It's a TM though, just buy the OEM TM parts as they'll fit better, work better and probably be in the "right" colour for you.

Left field suggestion;

is there a conversion kit to make it into something ridiculous like a 40K space marine bolter? 

Guest nemokingdom
18 hours ago, Steveocee said:

The devil in me says this: If you had a valid defense then you wouldn't buy an IF in the first place.

It's a TM though, just buy the OEM TM parts as they'll fit better, work better and probably be in the "right" colour for you.

Almost all retailers require a UKARA membership to purchase RIFs from them. I do not have a UKARA membership so can only buy IFs from those retailers. However, since UKARA is not recognised by the home office, it is not the sole or indefinite means by which you can prove you have a valid defense. So it is perfectly plausible that I cannot generally purchase RIFs from those retailers even though I have a valid defense under the VCR.

(I didn't really intend this post to be a debate about the VCR act but since it's somehow gone that way I feel justified in stating that I have two law degrees (LLB Law and LLM International Humanitarian Law) and I have a very solid understanding of our legal system including the VCR Act and I am 100% confident in saying that I have a valid defense.)

It’d be a lot easier if you just stated your defence, particularly as this forum has specific rules against any discussions on sidestepping the requirements of the VCRA

rdb

Guest nemokingdom
1 hour ago, rocketdogbert said:

It’d be a lot easier if you just stated your defence, particularly as this forum has specific rules against any discussions on sidestepping the requirements of the VCRA

rdb

No one is talking about 'sidestepping' the VCR act so there's no problem.

9 hours ago, nemokingdom said:

Almost all retailers require a UKARA membership to purchase RIFs from them. I do not have a UKARA membership so can only buy IFs from those retailers. However, since UKARA is not recognised by the home office, it is not the sole or indefinite means by which you can prove you have a valid defense. So it is perfectly plausible that I cannot generally purchase RIFs from those retailers even though I have a valid defense under the VCR.

(I didn't really intend this post to be a debate about the VCR act but since it's somehow gone that way I feel justified in stating that I have two law degrees (LLB Law and LLM International Humanitarian Law) and I have a very solid understanding of our legal system including the VCR Act and I am 100% confident in saying that I have a valid defense.) So I really don't want to defend myself on this issue any more unless you have an actual legal argument to make.

Please don't take any offence when I say this, but when someone, with a very low post count, asks how unfuck their paint-stripping antics, it generally sets off alarm bells.

For every well educated and informed individual, there are a dozen dickheads that could potentially fuck everything up for the rest of the community. It would have been remiss of us not to question your intentions.

I hope we haven't scared you away from the forum - it's a very useful resource with many experienced hands on board that can help point you in the right direction when you need it.

Guest nemokingdom
3 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Please don't take any offence when I say this, but when someone, with a very low post count, asks how unfuck their paint-stripping antics, it generally sets off alarm bells.

For every well educated and informed individual, there are a dozen dickheads that could potentially fuck everything up for the rest of the community. It would have been remiss of us not to question your intentions.

I hope we haven't scared you away from the forum - it's a very useful resource with many experienced hands on board that can help point you in the right direction when you need it.

I don't take any offence to that and I think that's a very reasonable stance to take.

I think it's a good thing that the community questions people who may be unknowingly (or knowingly!) breaking the law.

Unfortunately I cannot provide absolute proof of my own defense here as it would require me to post personal information of myself and friends who I attend events with (bank transactions at UKARA Airsoft sites, testimony from friends and family and photos of me looking like a muppet at my local site).

Guest nemokingdom
18 hours ago, DRay said:

Left field suggestion;

is there a conversion kit to make it into something ridiculous like a 40K space marine bolter? 

That's a cool idea, maybe I could print something. I've only got a resin printer though, so might get a bit expensive if it's big.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
4 hours ago, nemokingdom said:

I don't take any offence to that and I think that's a very reasonable stance to take.

I think it's a good thing that the community questions people who may be unknowingly (or knowingly!) breaking the law.

Unfortunately I cannot provide absolute proof of my own defense here as it would require me to post personal information of myself and friends who I attend events with (bank transactions at UKARA Airsoft sites, testimony from friends and family and photos of me looking like a muppet at my local site).

"I don't use the UKARA scheme but I am a regular Airsofter and I believe this is a valid defence under the VCRA"

Done! Hope this helps.

16 hours ago, nemokingdom said:

(I didn't really intend this post to be a debate about the VCR act but since it's somehow gone that way I feel justified in stating that I have two law degrees (LLB Law and LLM International Humanitarian Law) and I have a very solid understanding of our legal system including the VCR Act and I am 100% confident in saying that I have a valid defense.)

Good. Can you represent me against National Car Parks. Bastards are trying to squeeze £60 sobs off me! 😉🙂

Regards 

38 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Good. Can you represent me against National Car Parks. Bastards are trying to squeeze £60 sobs off me! 😉🙂

Regards 

Is this at court stage yet?  I have some experience with PPCs and court.

16 minutes ago, hitmanNo2 said:

Is this at court stage yet?  I have some experience with PPCs and court.

Haha thanks for offer @hitmanNo2 although I think ordering a hitman is a tad over the top.

No was a bit toung in cheek but today it has been resolved. I sent them proof that I paid and they had no alternative but to back down and issue an explanation and a growled apology. Lol

Thanks once again though. I know who to contact if they come for me again.👍🙂

Regards 

Haha this thread went off the rails. IF you want a defence to buy RIFs without UKARA look up Just Cos and Sportsmans Association. Both being accepted by more and more retailers.

Also DO NOT buy a metal slide. You ruin what makes it a TM pistol. The plastic slides work beautifully even in the coldest temps and you get really great, snappy response. If you can find OEM from eagle 6 then great.

Check out this video before you ruin it with a Guarder slide. 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.