Rip Sir Captain Tom

Nick G

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good Night Tom. Rest easy.👨‍✈️

They sure don’t make them like him anymore, I wish they did.

RIP to that incredible man, doing all he did at 100 years old, bet I won’t be doing laps of my garden if I live that long! 

A sad day indeed.

A true British legend - the world will be a lot worse off.

When I mentioned this to my Misses she told me that Tom was getting slated/trolled on social media for taking that holiday last year which was gifted to his whole family by BA............. some of these snowflakes would have never survived the ‘40’s 

God Bless Sir Tom (Cpt. ret) you can now stand at ease sir !

I hope that his family can take some comfort from knowing that he was a truly remarkable man who inspired an entire nation.

Respect is earned and he certainly earned it.

Deleted.

Edited by Dentonboy
Political rant. Don't vote Tory.

Just something to think about, and whilst I still think the guy is an absolute legend, just to provide some context for you.  

He raised £33m for NHS Staff Funds.  My wife works as a Physiotherapist in the NHS.  The money this fella raised is being frittered away on useless shite cos they aren't allowed to do more with it.  For instance,  they have gave my wife a voucher for £3 for the last 3 weeks to spend.  Absolutely pointless when there are so many other areas it could benefit staff.

And remember, this guy was so upset by the state of the NHS and the situation the Tories have left it in after 10 years of austerity that he felt the need to walk around his garden to do something about it.  Consider that.  

Anyway RIP Sir.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.