Scopecam Recommendations....

leadly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello all.

I'd like to start recording some airsoft footage, should we get to play anytime ever.

I've got a cheap SJ cam from some years ago that I may run on a head strap just to capture footage of me and my friends but I wanted a scope cam to capture the actual BB flight path.

I play sniper bushman so mid to long range is what I'll be shooting at!

The obvious choice is one of the Runcam scopecams. Silo is selling the lite version with a weather cover for £89 which seems pretty reasonable.

I'm not intending on becoming a YouTube sensation. I'll most likely just upload some of the most savage and most brutally brutal savage head shots onto Instagram to share with my friends.

Budget is around £100 for the camera plus an extra £30 for "bits". I'm aware I'll need either extra batteries and a power bank, which I do currently own (I just need to find it).

So, any recommendations?

Cheers,

Rich

I wasn't too sure about using eBay to get one as I've read about folk selling inferior Chinese knock offs.

12 hours ago, leadly said:

I'll most likely just upload some of the most savage and most brutally brutal savage head shots onto Instagram to share with my friends.

Channel name *cough* Leading Shetland *cough* ???? ;)

Personally I would wait till your next game day and pester a few other ‘camm’ers and look at them/there’s in person and if they could show the footage would help you too.

Just before Novembers lock down I bought a RunCam Scope Cam 4K but haven’t had a chance to use it in game yet as I’ve been in lockdown since the dawn of time, :( I was worried about buying one with all the mentions of a plastic tightening bracket but mine seems to be metal (what type no idea) so I’m hoping that doesn’t affect me but only time will tell.

I’m just in the middle of designing a rain/lens/body cover than encompasses the cam/lens and the maybe the extra battery.

** Addition I have heard that the micro usb slot for charging on the scope cam is a bit suspect so getting a “snap-off” charging lead will help in longevity.

Scopecam poor quality and poorer picture.Not used the 4K so it could be better.I use an SJ cam much better picture and more adjustable.I did a comparisson on here somewhere.I found the scopeacam really dissapointing,I was so suprised at the poor quality I e-mailed the manufacturer to make sure it wasn't a fake,it wasn't.

4 hours ago, snuff said:

Scopecam poor quality and poorer picture.Not used the 4K so it could be better.I use an SJ cam much better picture and more adjustable.I did a comparisson on here somewhere.I found the scopeacam really dissapointing,I was so suprised at the poor quality I e-mailed the manufacturer to make sure it wasn't a fake,it wasn't.

Yes I think I read your thread all about it. Does your SJ cam capture a BB's flight path at a decent range? 

I expect to be engaging the baddies from around 50m + with my VSR and MTW.

I mount mine on my head.When It was mounted on my gun I got too much Floor.TBH I doubt it,you need to zoom it for that I'd guess.

I've viewed a few vids on YT after posting the above.If you're sniping you may need a specific camera or one wiith specific settings that differ from a "normal" use camera.With a normal you run around and get a FPV hence mounting on the head.With a sniper you could better mount it on the gun and set the lens to view farther.I know you can get various "gun cams" with different power lenses but I never looked into them as I wanted the close action to be in focus.GL.

I've been watching quite a few videos myself. It does look like you can get a bit more out of the quality from the scope cams when editing. A YouTuber called AKAStaten did a comparison of 2 Runcam Scopecams which had some useful info. Apparently he makes music videos  and things like that for a living and his own videos are all very well put together so his opinion floats with me.

For the money he advised on getting the Runcam lite. Which is the way in swaying at the moment.

Looks like Runcam have just released a Scopecam 2!

https://shop.runcam.com/runcam-scope-cam-2/

Full metal, water resistant and a 4 hour battery life!

Glad my PayPal went wrong and I didn't buy the lite now. 

That looks nice even tho is looks blocky as heck, I hope the port isn’t as vulnerable has the lite is reported to be and I wished they could have made use of the larger 256GB+ cards that are now avail on the market.

A big shame about the battery being “built in” tho as I would hate to have to throw away if the battery fails

1 hour ago, MiK said:

That looks nice even tho is looks blocky as heck, I hope the port isn’t as vulnerable has the lite is reported to be and I wished they could have made use of the larger 256GB+ cards that are now avail on the market.

A big shame about the battery being “built in” tho as I would hate to have to throw away if the battery fails

With a 240min recording life,that's good.Most never achieve their target in reality,be good if this does.Not a fan of integral batteies either.Still rate Runcams as "starter" cameras.

I've seen Mustang has just been sent one as well so look forward to his review!

1 hour ago, snuff said:

With a 240min recording life,that's good.Most never achieve their target in reality,be good if this does.Not a fan of integral batteies either.Still rate Runcams as "starter" cameras.

“UPTO” 240 mins which means depending on weather/temperature conditions so in the Uk take a good 20% of that off :(

Also just checked (didn’t notice before) it’s only a 1080P camera shame there’s no 1440P (like the lite version), 2.7K, 4K so might have more BB tracking issues at longer range - unless you use a hit-maker ;)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.