Best Smg: We Mp5 or TM Mp7

gunbod007

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I already have a main GBBR, the TM MWS. Love it. Now looking for something a little bit different to run just for fun. Thanks to the amazing performance of $GME I am now considering either the WE Apache MP5 GBB or the TM MP7. The obvious answer for ease of use, straight out of the box performance and all round quality would be the TM. However I have seen the WE does seem to be impressive, for a WE. plus it is the iconic MP5 and you get to HK slap. Way cooler!  

A little worried about the MP5 with FPS not a fan of opening guns up, but looks like I would have to adjust the FPS where I am sure the TM MP7 would be fine on Green Gas stock.

Anyone with experience or thoughts on the two would love to hear your experience but if anyone has any suggestions for something else entirely, feel free to chime in.

Also I have seen Swit airsoft with their custom pre modded version of the MP5 so I could dial down the FPS that way, anyone with experience from them too would be great. little nervous about shipping from abroad with customs being a mare atm

My mind's telling me MP7 but my hearts says MP5

I have a WE mp5 and a WE Mp7 GBB. Love them both. Although the MP5 is my favourite just because it is so iconic. However neither of them really get skirmished because the MWS is so good in virtually every scenario it’s just easier to pick that up, plus all my gear is fitted with 5.56 pouches and it is a PITA to switch to SMG pouches.

The Marui MP7 is great out of the box performs really well, is pretty accurate, and is reasonably durable, but I couldn’t get over the fact that it is about 10% under size, which is noticeable if you compare them. In addition the Marui MP7 is the only gun I am aware of where it’s WE equivalent has better aftermarket parts support.

The sensible answer is probably not to buy either and just get a few more mags for the MWS, however where is the fun in that...

Of the two you have chosen I would go for the MP5. Parts available is better and the FPS can be sorted easily and cheaply with an npas.

5 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

I have a WE mp5 and a WE Mp7 GBB. Love them both. Although the MP5 is my favourite just because it is so iconic. However neither of them really get skirmished because the MWS is so good in virtually every scenario it’s just easier to pick that up, plus all my gear is fitted with 5.56 pouches and it is a PITA to switch to SMG pouches.

The Marui MP7 is great out of the box performs really well, is pretty accurate, and is reasonably durable, but I couldn’t get over the fact that it is about 10% under size, which is noticeable if you compare them. In addition the Marui MP7 is the only gun I am aware of where it’s WE equivalent has better aftermarket parts support.

The sensible answer is probably not to buy either and just get a few more mags for the MWS, however where is the fun in that...

Of the two you have chosen I would go for the MP5. Parts available is better and the FPS can be sorted easily and cheaply with an npas.

Great now just to find one in the UK. 

6 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Do you have the barrel and hop upgrade from Zwit?

Nope, mine is box stock other than an npas and an aftermarket hop rubber (can’t remember which one now). Still shoots fine.

Personally I’d get the sliding stock version, looks so much cooler.....

The collectors edition mags are a must have in my view. More realistic curve and no line of bbs down the front to spoil the look, but at £70 each they are really pricy.

4 minutes ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Nope, mine is box stock other than an npas and an aftermarket hop rubber (can’t remember which one now). Still shoots fine.

Personally I’d get the sliding stock version, looks so much cooler.....

The collectors edition mags are a must have in my view. More realistic curve and no line of bbs down the front to spoil the look, but at £70 each they are really pricy.

Yeah I am definitely going for the A3 with the sliding stock. Even considered the SD3 but ultimately going for the normal unstressed version.

I can't find any in UK right now other than Swit and.I just don't feel comfortable ordering abroad as my defence isn't UKARA it's some other thing while we're in lockdown.

They're so expensive as well!

I will have to cheap out on the mags tbh

Okay having owned both:

WE MP5 SD3:

Ive owned two of these guns. And it has two flaws. First is the MOST annoying thing on the planet. The hop up. The hop up on this gun is poorly made. And will overhop .4's to the moon even on zero hop.

The gun also only seems to like Maple leaf buckings and barrels. So to remedy this issue. I run two Silverback supressor spacers, a 310mm Crazy Jet, and a 50 degree Autobot with Omega nub. Now it will lift .28's nice and straight. The Spacers are a must as the inner barrel is too short to reach the supressor, and the stock one is a odd size. Ive tried a normal GBBR barrel with my got to hop rubber, the modify tan. And I had more misfeeds than ever. 

Second issue is bolt bounce. Both the MP5's ive owned seem to have a bit of bolt bounce, and you'll end up with BB's in the trigger unit. And loosing functions, semi auto fire, saftey etc. I dont know a fix for this yet. But it only happens so often.

TM MP7 GBBR: Mine was bought 3rd/4th hand and neglected. But these suffer from leaky magazine base plates, rear chassis brakes. Nozzle failure. OEM spares are near impossible to find. But I think a New MP7 will serve you better than a WE MP5. Kindle it with the right parts and you'll be golden. I suggest the Laylax rear swivle sling plate which will reinforce the chassis at the back, stock up on Eagle 6 Magazine O rings. And be prepaired to modify, or remove the full auto disconnector to eliminate the "Dead trigger". Bolt stop on empty can be "meh" but if your willing to modify the bolt. Bolt lock will be more reliable. A guns modify Nozzle with OEM rocket valve will see 330FPS on green gas with hop set to .28's. Modify Tan bucking or Stock bucking. Barrel a good clean and polish and it will range well.

Read my thread here:

17 hours ago, Cipher-032 said:

Okay having owned both:

WE MP5 SD3:

Ive owned two of these guns. And it has two flaws. First is the MOST annoying thing on the planet. The hop up. The hop up on this gun is poorly made. And will overhop .4's to the moon even on zero hop.

The gun also only seems to like Maple leaf buckings and barrels. So to remedy this issue. I run two Silverback supressor spacers, a 310mm Crazy Jet, and a 50 degree Autobot with Omega nub. Now it will lift .28's nice and straight. The Spacers are a must as the inner barrel is too short to reach the supressor, and the stock one is a odd size. Ive tried a normal GBBR barrel with my got to hop rubber, the modify tan. And I had more misfeeds than ever. 

Second issue is bolt bounce. Both the MP5's ive owned seem to have a bit of bolt bounce, and you'll end up with BB's in the trigger unit. And loosing functions, semi auto fire, saftey etc. I dont know a fix for this yet. But it only happens so often.

TM MP7 GBBR: Mine was bought 3rd/4th hand and neglected. But these suffer from leaky magazine base plates, rear chassis brakes. Nozzle failure. OEM spares are near impossible to find. But I think a New MP7 will serve you better than a WE MP5. Kindle it with the right parts and you'll be golden. I suggest the Laylax rear swivle sling plate which will reinforce the chassis at the back, stock up on Eagle 6 Magazine O rings. And be prepaired to modify, or remove the full auto disconnector to eliminate the "Dead trigger". Bolt stop on empty can be "meh" but if your willing to modify the bolt. Bolt lock will be more reliable. A guns modify Nozzle with OEM rocket valve will see 330FPS on green gas with hop set to .28's. Modify Tan bucking or Stock bucking. Barrel a good clean and polish and it will range well.

Read my thread here:

Thanks for the tip. Shame about the SD3 having issues it was one I was considering. I am now considering he standard MP5A3 seems good reviews so far and hope it doesn't over hop. Has a much shorter barrel top. will see what happens after mods.

30 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

They both use the same hop unit, barrel and bucking. So it might still launch BB's to the stratosphere or you might be fine.

Haha fair not seen that from other reviewers but sounds like it is easily resolved with this maple leaf. Presumably won't need the suppressor spacer on the A3

On 30/01/2021 at 22:31, gunbod007 said:

So I already have a main GBBR, the TM MWS. Love it. Now looking for something a little bit different to run just for fun. Thanks to the amazing performance of $GME I am now considering either the WE Apache MP5 GBB or the TM MP7. The obvious answer for ease of use, straight out of the box performance and all round quality would be the TM. However I have seen the WE does seem to be impressive, for a WE. plus it is the iconic MP5 and you get to HK slap. Way cooler!  

A little worried about the MP5 with FPS not a fan of opening guns up, but looks like I would have to adjust the FPS where I am sure the TM MP7 would be fine on Green Gas stock.

Anyone with experience or thoughts on the two would love to hear your experience but if anyone has any suggestions for something else entirely, feel free to chime in.

Also I have seen Swit airsoft with their custom pre modded version of the MP5 so I could dial down the FPS that way, anyone with experience from them too would be great. little nervous about shipping from abroad with customs being a mare atm

My mind's telling me MP7 but my hearts says MP5

If you haven't already, you need to get hands on with the TM MP7. It's not a 1:1 replica, it's smaller (couldn't tell you by how much though).
I bought one, grabbed it excitedly when it was delivered, went Ewwwwwwwwwww! And put it straight back in the box and returned it for a refund. Might be perfect for you, but I would heartily suggest getting hands on before parting with any cash.

8 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

If you haven't already, you need to get hands on with the TM MP7. It's not a 1:1 replica, it's smaller (couldn't tell you by how much though).
I bought one, grabbed it excitedly when it was delivered, went Ewwwwwwwwwww! And put it straight back in the box and returned it for a refund. Might be perfect for you, but I would heartily suggest getting hands on before parting with any cash.

I totally misread that as you should buy a TM then it slowly got worse haha. Cheers. Sounds like the MP5 wins just gotta find one in stock

21 minutes ago, gunbod007 said:

I totally misread that as you should buy a TM then it slowly got worse haha. Cheers. Sounds like the MP5 wins just gotta find one in stock

I imported mine from KY airsoft, just make sure they put your UKARA on the front of the box

26 minutes ago, Cipher-032 said:

I imported mine from KY airsoft, just make sure they put your UKARA on the front of the box

Problem number 2: No UKARA due to lockdown, I only got back into the sport recently. Using some other defences which are valid and accepted here but I don't trust border force to accept them.

Have a look at the KWA MP9.  I’ve had one since they came out and I absolutely love it. Next best thing to a modernised plastic UZI if you ask me. I prefer it to the weeny TM MP7, and as much as I love them MP5 ergonomics seem very dated to me.  48 bb mags on the KWA as well, and the suppressor looks like a proper bean can. 

• 1 month later...
On 01/02/2021 at 19:04, Cipher-032 said:

They both use the same hop unit, barrel and bucking. So it might still launch BB's to the stratosphere or you might be fine.

I have both an SD and a regular front end (one with a full stock and one with the collaspable stock, so I can mix and match to have all 4 variants). Cant say I have had this problem with the hop on either of mine, and they are stock with just an aftermarket Hop Rubber.

1 hour ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Where is it coming from?

Which version did you go for?

went with the WE Apache MP5A3 from KYairsoft. I think it is the most in demand model and they're awaiting a shipment still.

Very nice, It is certainly the most iconic version. How many mags did you order, and did you end up going for the 45 or 30 round ones?

3 hours ago, Cyberlawyer said:

Very nice, It is certainly the most iconic version. How many mags did you order, and did you end up going for the 45 or 30 round ones?

I got the 45 rounders due to cost, would rather the more accurate and correctly curved 30 rounds but they are too expensive. I have got 3 spares plus what it comes with.

Don't intend on using it too much as I have an MWS but will use it for the fun factor and HK slap.

I just found one of my 45 rounders, for some reason I can’t find the other one. I can’t believe how much heavier they are than the 30 round ones.

I agree it’s hard to justify the cost of the 30 round mags when functionally the 45 round ones work so well and are 2/3 of the price.

Between my MP5s MWSs and my MP7 I shed a tear every time I begin to think how much money I have spent on GBB mags.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.