Cyma P90 Trigger Upgrade

Dmrsniper33

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum, but thought I would like to share something I have just completed on my son's p90. My son purchased a cyma p90 last year because he wanted something different,  however when you use it the trigger is very clunky. I read a few threads on shimming and MOSFETs to improve the response, but I had just finished a rebuild using the aster trigger system (which works a treat by the way) and felt I could do better.

Anyway to cut a long story short I purchased the ascu V3 gen 3+ trigger system for a V3 gearbox, I had to re-wire the trigger microswitch to a remote push button I mounted behind the p90 trigger, then re-wired the selector microswitch to a standard on/off switch(currently inside the butt). The cutoff was a little tricky, but fortunately the space left by the original trigger dolly system was perfect for mounted the new board (metal mounting plate) then all I had to do was cut down the lever and fix a tab to it so it operated the cut off microswitch. I have a bit of tidying up to do, but it fires a treat and you can set burst fire, anyway just thought I would share my build as I thought it was a good upgrade to the p90. Just a word of warning it's not for the faint hearted, while I personally didn't find it difficult there is some soldering and messing about with the board to make it work, so there is the chance that something could go wrong.

IMG_20210124_184718626.jpg

IMG_20210124_184644362.jpg

IMG_20210124_212628952.jpg

IMG_20210124_184726759.jpg

Edited by Dmrsniper33
Added a warning about the build

• Dmrsniper33 changed the title to Cyma P90 Trigger Upgrade
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.