Bad Publicity?

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I see most people talk about if the cases of criminals or dangerous people getting hold of guns. Though I would be more worried about the general public. How many times have you got into an altercation which has ended up in a punch up. Now all those people who only had words and fists, now have guns the ability to escalate from words to a little shove to then lethal force is greatly increased.

That little bit of road rage that was just words and a bit of shouting, can now very easily escalate from words straight to finding a gun being pointed at you. 

Then finally all the accidents that will happen, that can be fatal. Being ex military with 13years man service and 8 years cadets experience with weapons. I have seen many negligent discharges from people who are highly trained, from all ranks including up to the Commanding Officer. 

So for me no matter how tight getting the licence would be it will never stop any of these incidents. 

So it's a hard no from me we have it right and I see no reason for why you should be allowed to have such weapons. 

5 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

Not sure I understood your responses but if the only argument is that black powder guns are not cool, then there’s no sense in continuing this conversation. Is such revolver less deadly than a glock?

Effective firing range of a glock is considered to be 50 metres. Though they could manage further.

For black powder pistols to semi reliably hit a 6 inch grouping i have found repeatedly the figure of 50 feet to be quoted. So 15 metres effective range before it can wizz off of the intended target (the magic of rifling).

So yes.  Glocks are more dangerous in range.  And lets not forget the rate of fire improvement...

This kinda agrees

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco
Just now, jsmithski said:

You don’t have much faith in humanity, do you?

Not since the only solution to America's horrific school shooting situation was a global pandemic, no

You are right these have all been my experiences, I have got my self into punch up, most people have at some point in there life. 

I have had some idiot have a go because of road rage. 

I have also sat across from a fellow soldier in Afghanistan clean his rifle only to put it all together wrong then have it shoot a round through the tent almost taking the head off an American soldier in the next tent. 

So like I said some of these are good people highly trained individuals. And yet you are asking Joe public not to fall foul to the same mistakes. 

I don't see why we need real firearms more than we do other than I want too excuse. 

And I'm sorry but Joe public will not be as well trained as professionals, and professionals still make mistakes.

5 hours ago, GenuineGerman said:

To me erring on the side of caution is totally undemocratic and criminalises whole populations.

That is one of the most ludicrous statements that I have read in the last hour.

18 minutes ago, kasaran said:

Effective firing range of a glock is considered to be 50 metres. Though they could manage further.

For black powder pistols to semi reliably hit a 6 inch grouping i have found repeatedly the figure of 50 feet to be quoted. So 15 metres effective range before it can wizz off of the intended target (the magic of rifling).

So yes.  Glocks are more dangerous in range.  And lets not forget the rate of fire improvement...

This kinda agrees

Most firearm altercations happen at 6-7 meters distance (I remember that from a Police Academy training movie) so I think still a Billy Kid revolver wins over a knife or machete and may win against a modern firearm if drawn faster. But the point is, why people don’t kill themselves using black powder guns during road rage if they are so easily available? Because they are not cool? C’mon man as Sleepy Joe would say.

18 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Not since the only solution to America's horrific school shooting situation was a global pandemic, no

Again, no school shootings in Europe using black powder guns. Why? Not cool?

1 minute ago, jsmithski said:

Most firearm altercations happen at 6-7 meters distance (I remember that from a Police Academy training movie) so I think still a Billy Kid revolver wins over a knife or machete and may win against a modern firearm if drawn faster. But the point is, why people don’t kill themselves using black powder guns during road rage if they are so easily available? Because they are not cool? C’mon man as Sleepy Joe would say.

I wouldn’t trust a word Steve Guttenberg  says

2 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

At those ranges then according to this bastion of science. A knife would do better

35 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

Not sure I understood your responses but if the only argument is that black powder guns are not cool, then there’s no sense in continuing this conversation. Is such revolver less deadly than a glock?

I don’t think people are saying that. I think the point that they are making is as a viable fire arm for use they aren’t very good. 

14 minutes ago, Keldon said:

And I'm sorry but Joe public will not be as well trained as professionals, and professionals still make mistakes.

I know only well and fairly trained ones. Do you think a mandatory training every once in a while would do the job?

1 minute ago, kasaran said:

At those ranges then according to this bastion of science. A knife would do better

Yes, you are right.

1 minute ago, GenuineGerman said:

I don’t think people are saying that. I think the point that they are making is as a viable fire arm for use they aren’t very good. 

I don’t understand why. White people conquered America and half of the world using those. I’m pretty sure a concealed BP Derringer can be a life saver in some situations.

Just now, jsmithski said:

I know only well and fairly trained ones. Do you think a mandatory training every once in a while would do the job?

Awful amount of red tape to own something that people in the uk have done without for so long.

5 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

Again, no school shootings in Europe using black powder guns. Why? Not cool?

Really? Because.... https://m.novinite.com/articles/197383/Two+Injured+in+School+Shooting+in+Poland

13 minutes ago, colinjallen said:

That is one of the most ludicrous statements that I have read in the last hour.

Well thankfully not in your life but I’d like to think you understand the point I make before dismissing it completely. Nothing wrong with being cautious but assumption can cause real issues

9 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

Did you read that? They don’t say what was he shooting with. Also, is that all? Wow.

Lets see when the last school shooting in the uk was 1996... 

So thats a point towards pro gun control.  One injury is too much. Every death a tragedy.

And by the by. If your going to debate. Do research.  He was armed with.  You guessed it. Black powder guns...

"Examples include school shooting in May 2019 when a student wounded two people using an unlicensed black powder firearm and some fireworks"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gun_laws_in_Poland

it quotes polish news sources if you check the citation as i know wiki is not the be all.

either way. Try again

7 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

I think we really should finish this whole debate now. What a great range of views we have and some absolutely smart people. Well done all Now can we go back now to chuttering about KM and calling out over priced pew pews? 

That KM guy, what a prick. That anti KM group? So toxic.

People who cant handle being shot at airsoft with snipers from beyong the minimum engagement distance shouldnt play. Km seems to be a dickhead from all im seeing but a 1 joule limit is sad. At the start of everygame to play everyone should be hit by a sniper in the hands of marshall so they know what it feels like and can get over it. I hate headshots but its the price to pay for my enjoyment when i hand them out (not intentionally but when thats all i can hit). Chrono'ing should be taken seriously by all sites though and done properly everytime and rechecked when needed.

As for real guns dont know how you guys got to talking about that.

Its a very complicated issue that has no point coming out of my mouth considering i live in a country of people who are disarmed. Is this good or bad, its not affected me but is it whats right for the rest of the world? You guys can debate that lol 

Back to KM used to watch his videos unsubbed after all this drama, he needs to grow up. This person trying to enforce a 1 joule limit is silly as well has he never wanted to play with a DMR or a VSR 10? he wont be able to if he gets his way.

1 hour ago, kasaran said:

Are we talking real or airsoft here, because my mk23... ;)

22 minutes ago, Impulse said:

Are we talking real or airsoft here, because my mk23... ;)

I googled effective range of a glock and found that to be the point. Do wonder how that figure was arrived at.  But it seems to pop up alot.  

3 minutes ago, GenuineGerman said:

“Ex soldier owns everyone” namesnicco? KM’s sidekick NamesNicco? Nah never heard of him 😆

Haha so I recently thought, "I can't tell if it's me, but these videos aren't great" To put it politely.

No Idea who KM is at this point. Discover KM through this lovely thread. And boom stumble across a video with KM and namesnicco. 

All of a sudden it made sense 😂Not a fan of either of their styles.

• Supporters
2 hours ago, jsmithski said:

Come on time to fess up you came to this thread simply to troll it didn’t you ? 🤔

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.