Bad Publicity?

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

There's a rather worrying turn of events in an anti KM FB group.
The admin has decided he's going to start a publicity campaign to have a 1J limit imposed on all UK sites.
Apparently his campaign starts on Monday.
This, imho, isn't good for the sport in any way shape or form.

I understand he thinks he's doing the right thing - but at risk of totally fucking our sport forever 😞

I won't go into the details, or background as you can find them on FB easily enough yourself.

The thing is, if he starts any kind of coordinated attack on our sport, what's the collective ability to respond and defend ourselves?
It seems that any kind of anti-gun supporters would support a decrease in the number of deadly BB guns.
So in the famous words of Eeyore - "That's right Pooh, we're fucked"

• Supporters

y'know its an interesting issue.

not all of the uk has the luxury of the 1.3/2.5j limit and some places are stuck at a flat 1j.

and guess what- folks still run hot. indeed when caught out it's always "oh that spring was for when i went to the mainland for a game, musta forgot to change it back" or some bullshit excuse along those lines.

what that says to me is that the allowable limit isn't the problem, it's the proper enforcement of said limit to ensure a level playing field.

it worries me how so very easily i could run at higher energies when sites barely chrono at the start of the day, don't understand the difference between fps/joules (let along joule creep), and sure as hell don't chrono mid-game. indeed as i recounted in another thread the only time i've ever had an hpa reg zip tied was when i did it myself to demonstrate to the marshals it was a thing you could do.

36 minutes ago, sonofsammo said:

There's a rather worrying turn of events in an anti KM FB group.
The admin has decided he's going to start a publicity campaign to have a 1J limit imposed on all UK sites.
Apparently his campaign starts on Monday.
This, imho, isn't good for the sport in any way shape or form.

I understand he thinks he's doing the right thing - but at risk of totally fucking our sport forever 😞

I won't go into the details, or background as you can find them on FB easily enough yourself.

The thing is, if he starts any kind of coordinated attack on our sport, what's the collective ability to respond and defend ourselves?
It seems that any kind of anti-gun supporters would support a decrease in the number of deadly BB guns.
So in the famous words of Eeyore - "That's right Pooh, we're fucked"

The collective  force is UKAPU.

They will hopefully get on the case

Regards 

*looks at both VSRs, each costing in excess of £800 to build*

I sincerely hope this gains absolutely no traction whatsoever...

16 minutes ago, typefish said:

If anyone has any further information about this, like links to a group and such, please message me directly on here, or give me a shout via the UKAPU Facebook page or e-mail 

Thank you 

Are you involved with UKAPU.

I've been a member for years. 

Good work done by them 👍

And will this 1joule limit Stop the headshots ??........... of course it won’t and we will still have people QQ’ing.

TBH any/most/all sites are “Private land” so they have the right to set the limits and of course we have the rules and a waiver form to sign ... if you don’t like the rules just don’t play there, simple really and personally the hits on the fingers hurt so much more than the head ever has - you live by the sword......... ;)

Let’s hope UKAPU (am a member) can weigh in on this but I don’t suggest anyone from ASFUK (here) goes on that FB page and starts commenting else it will turn into a flame war and the “cancel culture” could be directed at our “safe sapce” ;) 

3 minutes ago, MiK said:

And will this 1joule limit Stop the headshots ??........... of course it won’t and we will still have people QQ’ing.

TBH any/most/all sites are “Private land” so they have the right to set the limits and of course we have the rules and a waiver form to sign ... if you don’t like the rules just don’t play there, simple really and personally the hits on the fingers hurt so much more than the head ever has - you live by the sword......... ;)

Let’s hope UKAPU (am a member) can weigh in on this but I don’t suggest anyone from ASFUK (here) goes on that FB page and starts commenting else it will turn into a flame war and the “cancel culture” could be directed at our “safe sapce” ;) 

I have been looking at the posts on fb with interest,cant post up cause I dont have a fb account nor do i want one but it's very interesting 🤔

• Supporters

i'm also down for noseying at what these people are saying if we're spreading links.

had a quick google but all i found was km himself ranting about the dutch banning bb's above .4g

4 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

can u send me a link please @Shamal

It's the kicking mustang expose group fb. But I found it on you tube. I'm not signed up to fb cause I think its crap lol

😉👍

Actually there’s been some split on that Expose FB page from reading it some don’t like the way the Page is heading so made a new splinter page “who is.....” so we should just sit back and let them “Headshot” each other :D

@Shamal I use my wife’s FB account to snoop around ‘flex

He's said that he's dropping it now. I think community pressure trying to show him that he's going to damage the sport has finally prevailed for now.

• Supporters

so i done went and looked at the page, i may be slightly regretting it......

Jesus Christ there are some obsessed people on there, if they aren't trolling then they really need to rethink what they're doing with their lives.

Just now, Adolf Hamster said:

so i done went and looked at the page, i may be slightly regretting it......

Jesus Christ there are some obsessed people on there, if they aren't trolling then they really need to rethink what they're doing with their lives.

thats Failbook for you :(

6 minutes ago, MiK said:

thats Failbook for you :(

nope thats human nature for you unfortunatly

17 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

some of the shit on that page is unreal that siggi is over the top

He is a bit off rails and i think he drop the case after post from one of army veterans pleading his side of story that he is advocating for himself rather community . Clear sign something is off is that group had almost 3k followers now has 1k. And last one man hunt lead only in dividing community even more. 

7 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

nope thats human nature for you unfortunatly

troo troo 

the amount of drama on failbook is amazing - the amount of times the misses has said “WTF” is amazing and she doesn’t swear usually

hahaha totaly,haha opisite for me  its when mine doersnt swear i know theres an issue 🤣

Spent 5 minutes looking at the FB group. Wow...just...wow.

I'm not a fan of KM, but to join a FB group just to shit on him? That's mental. Then you've got an egotistical Admin who thinks he's the savior of UK Airsoft by imposing more restrictions?

This 'Siggi Langnasen' character can, quite frankly, get fucked.

Yeah I can feel myself getting annoyed just at the thought of reading what has been said.

So wound up that I wrote a big rant.....and then deleted it. Unlike some people on Facebook and other platforms don't realise, just because you have an opinion, dosn't mean you need to share it with everyone!

• Supporters

Me personally I don’t see a problem with a 1joule blanket limit . 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.