Indoor CQB Gun's N' Gear

Cr0-Magnon

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, Lozart said:

1911's am the best. Of course, airsoft ones are mostly cack on account of the tiny gas reservoir in the tiny wee single stack mags.

Thank feck for the Hi-capa's then 👍

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Thank feck for the Hi-capa's then 👍

...and the WE P14.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, DRay said:

a 1911 is ugly though no? The end of the barrel is a funny shape and it looks like there is a piece missing, and there is a pointlessly massive hook/thumb webbing rest thing sticking out the back of the stock. 

you mean the grip safety with the beaver tail designed to specifically solve the issue of hammer bite?

50 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

you mean the grip safety with the beaver tail designed to specifically solve the issue of hammer bite?

‘I am know mostest about gnus’ haha. 

Yeah that’s the bit mate, looks much nicer on a 226 where it is more subtle. I’m not arguing for which is the most practical, just aesthetics really. A browning h-p is the best looking pistol ever made, and mine will always hold a special place in my heart even though I still have the scar from where it removed most of the skin from the webbing on my right thumb! 

And that beaver tail (every day is a school day, literally never heard that term before!) doesn’t explain why a 1911 looks like it has a bit missing from the underside of the barrel. And don’t even get me started on ‘hex cut’ versions! It’s a pistol, how lightweight do you need it to be? If you can’t point it naturally at the target without undue strain without lopping bits out of it then you really need to go and do some phys. 

🤢 

image.jpeg.f9ff459d12b28fdc4dc8442c2392fa25.jpeg

Though I imagine it’s a moot point given aesthetics will always be subjective but lightweight parts on airsoft pistols, especially the slides, isn’t necessarily to reduce the overall weight of the pistol. Again predominantly on slides, it’s to either make it run better on lower powered gas (the reason Marui slides are plastic) or keep them snappy when using a higher powered gas but giving them a bit more longevity than a plastic slide (after market hi capa slides for instance). 

TLDR - Making the overall RIF lighter is generally a secondary benefit to improving performance/durability.

Well shoot me in the balls with a .5g BB I am learning things left right and centre today! 

So presumably all of the hex cuts are metal sliders? That makes more sense RE: less gas and faster movement. 

It doesn’t stop them being ugly as sin though. 

Hopefully being aware of some of the 'method behind the madness' makes them slightly easier to stomach 😅.

Aye, for the most part after market slides tend to be aluminium though some take it to the extreme of 3D printed (often used with HPA so you can control the power to prevent them obliterating themselves after a few shots).

I’m sure there are plenty examples of ‘stock’ pistols that come from the factory with lightening cuts on plastic/pot metal slides. Whether that’s done to intentionally improve the performance or to appeal to a different audience... 🤷🏻‍♂️.

I’m personally not a fan of the hex styled ones either, but I’m partial to a few of the ‘competition’ replica slides and I’ll always have a soft spot for Salient and Agency Arms Glocks. Both proof, for me, that lightening cuts can be very tastefully done... granted folks definition of tasteful will always vary.

• Supporters
1 hour ago, DRay said:

‘I am know mostest about gnus’ haha. 

Yeah that’s the bit mate, looks much nicer on a 226 where it is more subtle. I’m not arguing for which is the most practical, just aesthetics really. A browning h-p is the best looking pistol ever made, and mine will always hold a special place in my heart even though I still have the scar from where it removed most of the skin from the webbing on my right thumb! 

And that beaver tail (every day is a school day, literally never heard that term before!) doesn’t explain why a 1911 looks like it has a bit missing from the underside of the barrel. And don’t even get me started on ‘hex cut’ versions! It’s a pistol, how lightweight do you need it to be? If you can’t point it naturally at the target without undue strain without lopping bits out of it then you really need to go and do some phys. 

what do you mean by a bit missing from the underside of the barrel?

if you mean the lighter profile of the frame that's only holding the recoil spring then it's worth pointing out the hi-power is exactly the same.

or if you mean the lack of chunk that is added by the need in more modern designs to have rail systems for flashlights and such?

As for 1911's being fugly, it subjective, I thought the beaver tail was a bit much until I got the chance to put a mag through it. The grip safety I still struggle with. For me a great looking pistol is the M92L however with only WE making them (that I know of) it is a lottery for qc (or so these boards and other locations lead me to believe) is the reason I haven't joined the pistol clans.  

If someone makes a M92L with a mue style trigger that can take extended mags - I have money for them.

M92L is objectively very pretty. It’s like a Beretta M9’s fit step sister. 

Black is not a great colour for cqb, rarely will there be a black area of the same hue to blend with.

I play a solid mix of cqb and fibua  and always wear a mix of greys, tans.

Positioning and movement will be of much more help than camo would be.

Rif wise, the g5 will be great, I've played with one and loved it but not quite as much as my mp9.

Anything short works really well, but longer rifs aren't too much of a hindrance if you practice a bit and colour, go with what you like as long as it's matt it'll hide in the shadows.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.