New Airsoft Venues in Bournemouth and Alton

Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well, Paintball has been hit pretty hard over the years so it makes sense that existing sites diversify into Airsoft to top-up the coffers. 

So, with that in mind, here is a company that will start Airsoft walk-on days when (if??) lockdown is lifted at their two sites.

image.png.f07a21b83faba2842678569d72968ca2.png

http://www.camouflage-airsoft.com/

I've played paintball at the Bournemouth site some years back (I live 10 minutes away), and it was nicely setup - great safe zone, although the playing area was not exactly huge it does have some interesting features. It sounds like there a ~30v30 player cap so I reckon it'll be good for a giggle.

I appreciate it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's nice to post something about an Airsoft site opening up rather than closing down.

I don’t know how convinced I am you know. That looks very much to me like they have sold their paintball guns and bought some nuprol rentals and called it an airsoft site...

Paintball is a good laugh, but the crowd that it attracts and thus the mechanism of the games and the objectives is very different and doesn’t lend itself well to airsoft. I would be interested to know if they have made any changes to the games/the marshalling since becoming an airsoft site (I think possibly not given that the website still makes multiple references to paintball). 

21 minutes ago, DRay said:

I don’t know how convinced I am you know. That looks very much to me like they have sold their paintball guns and bought some nuprol rentals and called it an airsoft site...

Paintball is a good laugh, but the crowd that it attracts and thus the mechanism of the games and the objectives is very different and doesn’t lend itself well to airsoft. I would be interested to know if they have made any changes to the games/the marshalling since becoming an airsoft site (I think possibly not given that the website still makes multiple references to paintball). 

Yeh, they have published the game types and areas on their website. Who knows how it’ll actually play until they start running the games. But I reckon it’ll be fine. 

I doubt they have sold up their paintball guns though - their parent company is Powerball who’s owner has a large stake in Arrow Precision (a paintball gun manufacturer) and Sterling Paintballs (they make their own paint in the UK). I should think this is a side project for them to make use of their sites.

38 minutes ago, Cannonfodder said:

A little far away for me but they look good. Lockers for valuables is a nice touch

And Papa Johns Pizza for lunch, which is a nice touch. The Safe Zone is one of the best around, in both Paintball and Airsoft. They run a slick operation there, I hope that carries over to the Airsoft days. 

3 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Well, Paintball has been hit pretty hard over the years so it makes sense that existing sites diversify into Airsoft to top-up the coffers. 

So, with that in mind, here is a company that will start Airsoft walk-on days when (if??) lockdown is lifted at their two sites.

image.png.f07a21b83faba2842678569d72968ca2.png

http://www.camouflage-airsoft.com/

I've played paintball at the Bournemouth site some years back (I live 10 minutes away), and it was nicely setup - great safe zone, although the playing area was not exactly huge it does have some interesting features. It sounds like there a ~30v30 player cap so I reckon it'll be good for a giggle.

I appreciate it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but it's nice to post something about an Airsoft site opening up rather than closing down.

Thanks for heads up on that👍

I live near Portsmouth but work and have family in Bournemouth.Also Alton is quite close to me.Yeah happy days.😀

Regards 

Just had a gander at camouflage airsoft.

Love their choreographed,staged pictures. Very well behaved lol. Poor old Billy no mates sat at table all on his own☹

Dont know bout anyone else but I've got over half the at risk problems! Fuck! I'm out....

Looks good though. I will give it a go when the vid has healed up.

👍

Regards 

20 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Just had a gander at camouflage airsoft.

Love their choreographed,staged pictures. Very well behaved lol. Poor old Billy no mates sat at table all on his own☹

Dont know bout anyone else but I've got over half the at risk problems! Fuck! I'm out....

Looks good though. I will give it a go when the vid has healed up.

👍

Regards 

That’s not ‘Billy no mates’, that’s ‘Billy no household bubble’

His mates have to keep a distance at separate tables 

I have added this to the 'to visit' list for 21/22. Both of them. Does it look like those structures are new(ish)?

All paintball sites get a little growing time to work out how to convert over to the play styles of longer games. 

Their Bournemouth site was where I began in paintball, and was also the birthplace of my events ‘career’ 

(The legendary Takhur Ghar 22-2-2009)

I played at Alton a few times, but it was further away and the ground was harder on my knees with stones below the topsoil.

In the photos a lot of the site does look ‘clean and fresh’, that could be due to use of promo pictures when each zone is built. But if you checkout paintball gameplay photos on Facebook in recent years the areas do tend to have a ‘clean’ look 

They have been under new management since my old days there (not so new now) The old management kept a full timer on site for maintenance works and new builds, so they may have a combination of their works on changeover a number of years ago plus continuous change 

https://www.facebook.com/camouflagepaintball/

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.