Best (Out the Box) G36 AEG?

Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

My son likes G36s and wants one. Cool, I don't have one in my collection so I have an excuse to add one, plus I don't see a lot of G36 love these days.

So in true 'what am bestest gnu' style - what is the best out of the box G36 AEG?

Some Caveats:

- I don't want a shiny ABS bodied version, so that rules out JG, CYMA, Umarex Sportline and TM.

- I'm not bothered by trades, but I do want rock solid plastics.

- Happy to do some basic upgrades such as hop rubber and motor.

- Upper limit £250 - from UK suppliers only.

Short list:

- WE 999 G39 AEG

- G&G GEC36

- Ares G36/Umarex Licenced versions thereof

Honourable mentions:

- Specna SA G12 (plastics look good, I doubt the internals are though)

- Classic Army (do they even still sell these anywhere?)

- S&T.....?

The Ares version is on sale at PatrolBase for £170, so cheapest out of the short list. But it's made by Ares - looks good on the inside, but the EFCS fire control  - well, who knows how long it will last for?

Any help or feedback on the guns above would be appreciated.

13 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

- Specna SA G12 (plastics look good, I doubt the internals are though)

- Classic Army (do they even still sell these anywhere?)

/thread.

Lost faith in G&Gs, Ares guns are overpriced junk (yes even if they cost £10), WE is.....well, WE..

If you can't find a CA then I'd go specna, at least we know it's not filled to the brim with proprietary shit.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

/thread.

If you can't find a CA then I'd go specna, at least we know it's not filled to the brim with proprietary shit.

I thought the Specna was based on the non TM Spec G36, so aftermarket hop units wont fit? 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Speedbird_666 said:

I don't want a shiny ABS bodied version, so that rules out JG, CYMA,

Buy an ex-hire, aka "battle worn"

aka used & abused (nigh on fucked) G36 hire gun ???

it's ya son's/kids gun - chances are he will ove it or nahhhh don't like it

(so why go nutz on the budget tbh)

fuck it - buy a new cheapy and go nutz doing your own paint job even

I'd just go with the simple G36c than other variants - even the metal ris 608-7

(nah - adds a bit of weight up front)

nah - just a basic cheapy G36c so Cyma or JG

(JG's COL in SIG/G36 is a bit diferent to say SHS steel COL

Jg g36c trigger response. - Electric Guns - Airsoft Forums UK

JG SIG/G36 COL is silver - SHS reg COL in black with area filed/sanded to show difference

Selector plates are slightly different between Cyma & JG due to COL differences

Cyma's use a reg v3 COL me thinks in their G36's)

jusy saying as kids being kids, they'll probably love it or be a 5 min wonder

22 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

it's ya son's/kids gun - chances are he will ove it or nahhhh don't like it

(so why go nutz on the budget tbh)

jusy saying as kids being kids, they'll probably love it or be a 5 min wonder

Nah - I'll just let him think it'll be his gun, but in reality it'll be mine. Like I say, he has an interest in it, and you're right, he'll probably get bored and go back to his M4. Then I get to keep the G36 for myself. Just need justification for the missus, she's been quite accommodating with my spending, but a third gun turning up this month without an excuse will not go down well.

I had a JG G36 way back when chinasoft guns first became a thing. They get the job done and are easy enough to work on. But they just don't feel as good in the hand as the nicer-plastic models.

2 hours ago, Skara said:

It's got a microswitch trigger, so I would class it as proprietary.

12 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

Some wild cards you could look at are the KWA 2GX G36c

I found a 2-tone KWA from a vendor with ‘BB’ in their name. Not managed to find an all black one though.

1 hour ago, AK47frizzle said:

Some wild cards you could look at are the KWA 2GX G36c and the SRC gen 3 G36c if they are still around. Not sure about their compatibilities but those two were pretty popular choices back in the days, especially the src.

Pretty standard, though the SRC G36 hop unit is proprietary (Though you can fit an Airsoftpro one when using the added tube portion), unless you change the magwell for a JG one which will allow you to use any G36 aftermarket hops. 

@#blackadder just wow!

Yes JG guns of old where awesome bang for buck.

Most of the plastics are not polymer.

That said on a budget the older G&G advance series is pretty good.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-armament-ar36-assault-rifle

If it’s going to actually be your gun, and a trusty backup that performs superbly the TM G36c Recoil is stonking, rock solid, nice controls and usual TM performance.

47 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

@#blackadder just wow!

Yes JG guns of old where awesome bang for buck.

Most of the plastics are not polymer.

That said on a budget the older G&G advance series is pretty good.

https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/g-and-g-armament-ar36-assault-rifle

If it’s going to actually be your gun, and a trusty backup that performs superbly the TM G36c Recoil is stonking, rock solid, nice controls and usual TM performance.

All plastics are polymers ahah, it's just typical marketing where they go "UBER REINFORCED POLYMER" that makes you think it's a specific material.

• Supporters
5 minutes ago, AK47frizzle said:

All plastics are polymers ahah, it's just typical marketing where they go "UBER REINFORCED POLYMER" that makes you think it's a specific material.

it's presumably to try and make people think they're using a proper engineering material like pa66 rather than bulking out their cheese mix with some sand they found on the floor.

https://extremeairsoft.co.uk/shop/assault-rifles/electric-aeg-rifles/misc/ics-aar-advanced-assault-rifle-black-and-tan/

Special mention for this ICS? It has been on my radar for a while and if you don't have other g36 platforms will save on mags.

Are you looking for the options of getting something you could change handguards for the K or E versions depending on usage?

1 hour ago, AK47frizzle said:

There’s always one ☝️ 

Some feel nice, some look nice, not many work nice in airsoft.

What I meant was, for example; the TM ‘polymer’ is shiny, but it’s stronger than a lot of nicer looking stuff.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.