Back After 5 Years Out. Rip My Wallet

benno996

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all!

I thought it was time to introduce myself, I've lingered/watched this site since disappearing in late 2015 following a fractured leg and change of career...having settled back in with a new job at home in sunny North Wilts, I've decided to empty my wallet and start playing again now I've got a bit more of a regimented work pattern and some of my Sundays back. 

My main experiences were down at Warminster and that's where I'll be heading back to first, I've also played at the Courthouse in Bristol (rental, eugh) and wouldn't mind heading back there again properly at some point along with some new places along the way (any recommendations would be cool).

Got hold of a Specna Arms SA-C25 PDW to start with. Side note, I was a G&G whore before, now I completely see the error of my ways. I've also stuck money down on a Novritsch SSX303 and SSX23. I liked the look of the 303 as soon as I saw it and with the fact it's completely interchangeable with the 23 (mags, holster etc) I thought why not have both. Jury is out with Nov stuff I know, but the 303 was the thing that triggered me into plunging money back into this so I want to give it a go, I'm either going to love it or be bitterly disappointed I guess..

Never ran with a pistol properly before as I can shamefully admit I was always a hi-cap hero in my previous airsoft 'life', running midcaps now to eliminate that dreadful rattle and make things a little more interesting. I figured it would be a good idea to get used to lower mag capacity given the 303 runs a 24 round pistol mag.

What's next...wouldn't mind a Mk18 of some description, also got my eyes on another Specna, this time an Edge 2.0, but trying to keep money in my wallet until it's available this side of the water. Quite enjoying M-LOK stuff at the moment!

34 minutes ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

check out spartan cqb in chippenham (not been myself) and first and only in yatesbury. also ironsight in andover is fun and not too far perhaps. 

I'm 10 mins from Chippenham so that's definitely one on the list. Have you done Yatesbury? I've heard mixed reviews.

Andover isn't a million miles away either, I used to commute to Birmingham so anything within two hours is quite doable on a Sunday morning for me to be honest.

Hi @benno996! 👋

Welcome to the forum and back in the game, hopefully when it is safe enjoy getting back into it, with your new gear! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

1 hour ago, Jedi_Master said:

Welcome :).

Howdy @benno996.welcome to the farm where

all sorts of weird and wonderful beasts roam free,well not too free at moment ☹.

Bet you are looking forward to when you can enjoy the game.I am.

Check out @GAMBLEon t'tube.😉

Regards 

Edited by Shamal
Alteration

@Shamal! 👋

Told you, you would be quick on the draw! 🔫🤪👍

Thanks for the shoutout! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

15 hours ago, benno996 said:

I'm 10 mins from Chippenham so that's definitely one on the list. Have you done Yatesbury? I've heard mixed reviews.

Andover isn't a million miles away either, I used to commute to Birmingham so anything within two hours is quite doable on a Sunday morning for me to be honest.

Played at Yatesbury many a time. Super cool site, but the style/culture of the regs/marshalls there isn't my cup of tea. Deffo worth a go though. https://airsoft-forums.uk/topic/50037-ffs-what-has-happened-to-airsoft-with-this-influx-of-single-shot-only-sites-wtf-contains-potty-language/

Ironsight is great for a shoot em up though not sure its worth a 2 hour drive. Check out strikeforce cqb and UCAP vendetta in gloucester instead! 

If you haven't already I'd recommend Black Ops Cribs and Portishead, both great sites. Spartan Airsoft is the other side of Bristol and is a good outdoor woodland one, Bristol Courthouse like you said is AMAZING if you want to run things like pistol only for a bit of fun (although I've had quite a few issues there of people not taking hits/being general smooth brains). As mentioned above, Spartan CQB is a great site with a really good layout (although the lunch breaks/breaks between games are a bit long)

1 hour ago, GeorgePlaysAirsoft said:

Played at Yatesbury many a time. Super cool site, but the style/culture of the regs/marshalls there isn't my cup of tea. Deffo worth a go though. https://airsoft-forums.uk/topic/50037-ffs-what-has-happened-to-airsoft-with-this-influx-of-single-shot-only-sites-wtf-contains-potty-language/

Ironsight is great for a shoot em up though not sure its worth a 2 hour drive. Check out strikeforce cqb and UCAP vendetta in gloucester instead! 

I knew I heard something about F&O on here but couldn’t think what it was, semi only doesn’t bother me too much so I’ll keep it in mind. 

I’ve visited Gloucester Prison before but never clicked that you can play airsoft there until about a month ago! 

1 hour ago, JamesAirsofterAgent said:

If you haven't already I'd recommend Black Ops Cribs and Portishead, both great sites. Spartan Airsoft is the other side of Bristol and is a good outdoor woodland one, Bristol Courthouse like you said is AMAZING if you want to run things like pistol only for a bit of fun (although I've had quite a few issues there of people not taking hits/being general smooth brains). As mentioned above, Spartan CQB is a great site with a really good layout (although the lunch breaks/breaks between games are a bit long)

Yeah, I got the impression Courthouse was a very lax venue, with lots of stag parties and generally not a serious crowd. But that was a while ago and like I said, would like to do it properly with my own kit this time and see what happens. 

I didn’t realise Black Ops had two sites that side of Bristol? I’ll be heading to the woodland Spartan too at some point, guys I play with have been and enjoyed it. 

• 2 weeks later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.