Not Quite a Walther Pp or a Makarov, the Sig Sauer P230!

TheFriendlyBro

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Recently added the lovely SIG Sauer P230 by KSC to my collection not too long ago. Not sure what but there's a certain sleekness to this gun that I just love. Like I said, not quite a Walther PP or a Makarov but close enough.

Mentioning the Walther PP or a Makarov though, I'm currently on the lookout for those two as well!

But yeah, anyone else have a love for this gun?

815lkhtoqcb61.jpg

Was always tempted. I managed to get a traded spring one recently. Maruzen ppk is nice. Only thing is they are a little delicate but then is the ksc 230. I have the nbb maruzen ppk which is solid and shoots well. Makarov wise your best bet is the WE and if you want a traded one ky Airsoft. I think my favourite is the Walther tph though which I have a springer of.

44 minutes ago, heroshark said:

Was always tempted. I managed to get a traded spring one recently. Maruzen ppk is nice. Only thing is they are a little delicate but then is the ksc 230. I have the nbb maruzen ppk which is solid and shoots well. Makarov wise your best bet is the WE and if you want a traded one ky Airsoft. I think my favourite is the Walther tph though which I have a springer of.

For makarovs I had the kwc for a long time and never had an issue with it. Being co2 it worked all weather. The we ones Ive seen seem to have a 50/50 chance of working. 

I heard the same of the kwc going kaput fairly quickly a few times before too. I think both are not the best.

• Supporters

there's a p230 that keeps ocasionally grabbing my eye in the classifieds, i keep trying to tell myself no but it's getting harder.

in terms of makarov's i'd say the KWC version is let down in a few respects- it's pretty spicy out of the box (although can be adjusted, mine was taken down to 1j by its previous owner), your options for parts are limited (particularly hop rubbers) so how it shoots is how it shoots, it's single action only and feels slightly out of proportion (bit big).

however the gun itself is reasonably solid and as others have said shoots pretty decently in all weathers.

what lets it really fall flat on its face is the magazines, they just leak bad. and have fun finding spare valves. fortunately you can trim down the lip on a 1911 valve to get it to fit which makes up for the fact that you just aren't getting proper replacements.

of the blowback makarovs (because who cares about nbb :P ) the WE offering imo is by far the superior, takes marui pattern hop rubbers/barrels, a very good hop design, has the proper da/sa action (with one of the best triggers i've met on a da/sa setup), spares are actually obtainable and the mags dont leak.

however the tradeoff as with most of we's stuff is it don't work in winter. a different piston head (which will likely need some fettling to fit because its thinner than standard) can help effeciency but even that had its limits.

28 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

of the blowback makarovs (because who cares about nbb :P ) the WE offering imo is by far the superior, takes marui pattern hop rubbers/barrels, a very good hop design, has the proper da/sa action (with one of the best triggers i've met on a da/sa setup), spares are actually obtainable and the mags dont leak.

however the tradeoff as with most of we's stuff is it don't work in winter. a different piston head (which will likely need some fettling to fit because its thinner than standard) can help effeciency but even that had its limits.

Thankfully, I'm not too worried about firing during the winter. I'm much more of a collector, so I'd just be happy to own that WE Makarov PM with the brown grips. I could get the Makarov W65U K which is all black but I'm in the mood for a classic! As far as I understand, the W65U K is based on the PMM and not just the PM.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, TheFriendlyBro said:

Thankfully, I'm not too worried about firing during the winter. I'm much more of a collector, so I'd just be happy to own that WE Makarov PM with the brown grips. I could get the Makarov W65U K which is all black but I'm in the mood for a classic! As far as I understand, the W65U K is based on the PMM and not just the PM.

yeah, the black grips are really surprisingly comfy to use though, i initially wanted brown too but frankly now i preferr the black.

5 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

yeah, the black grips are really surprisingly comfy to use though, i initially wanted brown too but frankly now i preferr the black.

Welp, I just bought the W65U K! Going to hopefully pick up the PM version sometime soon. For now though, time to brush up on the PMM.

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, TheFriendlyBro said:

Welp, I just bought the W65U K! Going to hopefully pick up the PM version sometime soon. For now though, time to brush up on the PMM.

afaik the pmm is basically just a double stack version, although i'm not sure if it was a russian military thing or an export thing.

there comes a point where you have to go "fuck it, close enough"

• Supporters
9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

there comes a point where you have to go "fuck it, close enough"

Thats me with my PPK with my Russian loadout. It looks the same, and even has PP in the name. That counts right? Haha

• Supporters
9 hours ago, SeniorSpaz87 said:

Thats me with my PPK with my Russian loadout. It looks the same, and even has PP in the name. That counts right? Haha

the amount of times the makarov gets confused for a pp......

i suppose in fairness it's a pretty blatant copy, although granted internally the russians did a lot of simplifying work to the point it's more of a derivative than a clone.

if anything it's impressive they managed to do anything to simplify a simple blowback pistol.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.