Strippling a Hi Capa Grip

emilianoksa

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

If I wanted to stipple my TM hi capa grip would I have to use a dremel to remove the not very good stippling pattern already on it from the factory, or could I just go over it.

I am not thinking of fancy geometrical designs - just a simple small dot stipple.

I imagine I would have to remove the pattern on the front of the grip, but what about the sides?

Most videos show the full dremelling of the whole grip then they get to work with a soldering iron with various tips.

I think if the current texture is there it will give a “meh” result on the new stipple.

Having done it both ways it depends on the pattern you want to end up with and what tips you have available for your use.

I'd suggest a larger flat tip for a base pattern/texture then a smaller tip to refine then pattern. The larger tip can be used to create a base shape without mass removal of material giving you more meat to work with, and if it all goes wrong that margin can be dremeled off and you can have another crack at it.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.