Best GBBR for Around £500/600?

Jasongtr

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi there, I posted a gun specific thread earlier and had people discourage me buying that one, which of course I’m very grateful for hence posting asking for thoughts.

I thought I’d ask a more general question here. I’m keen to get one in the next week or so.

I want an AR15 rifle as I’m going to be primarily using it for a home training rifle for my kriss defiance 22lr, so would like it to not have the m4 fixed front sight post. 

Im looking at the GHK mk16 urg-1 14.5” as it’s the same length as my rifle and a similar weight

Any thoughts on that one and other recommendations and if so what makes it better than the above 

I may want to use it for airsoft practical type shooting but it’s unlikely I’ll go skirmishing with it

thank you in advance 

You won't find a more realistic GBBR AR15 than the GHK unless you go Vipertech/Inokatsu which are pretty niche and you probably won't find anyone selling them in the UK unless you find a second hand one.  Plus they're based on the ancient WA system which GHK is an updated version of.

The TM MWS is a great airsoft gun but it's not a very good imitation of a RS gun.

It seems your options out of the box that requires no mods are the GHK MK16 URG-I/MK16/M4 keymod or a TM MTR16/MK16.

At the end of the day, you'll be happy with the TM or the GHK.  The TM is more performance orientated so would be more suitable for skirmishing.  The GHK, more realistic, better RS parts compatibility.  Plus, you can set it up to run CO2 for that extra specialness.

Wildcard, there are the Rare Arms guns which are a bit pricey but very cool.  Especially if it's just going to be used for training at home where picking up the shells won't be so much of a PITA.

https://www.crw-airsoft.com/rare-arms-m4-145-r-system-co2-gbb--shell-ejecting-13750-p.asp

Thank you

picking up shells - no ta, do that enough with the 22lr brass, don’t fancy that at home 

I did see the GHK runs co2 mags which is cool and easy, the mags though are wickedly expensive 

at least I know im on the right track now

GHK or Marui MWS are the clear leaders in the field. There are pros and cons of both. Personally I have several MWS’ and use them both for skirmishing and 2 gun competition shooting and have never been disappointed.

The Marui is better performing (on green gas) more easily available and has far greater aftermarket parts support.

The GHK has marginally more realistic dimensions and can use more RS parts. It’s takedown is also more realistic as it has a more realistic trigger box. It’s biggest advantage is Co2 mags if you can stomach the cost.

Personally I have never found my MWS’ lacking performance on even the coldest days on Nuprol 4.0 and an npas and barrel upgrade and heavier ammo has been enough for my MWS to get to the U.K. legal Joule limits, so I’m not sold on CO2 being necessary in the U.K.

I’m going with @Cyberlawyer here, the MWS is a better skirmishing weapon, better support, more efficient, long range shoots better yada yada.

Its also better for competition shooting, for all of the same reasons.  You’d be amazed at how frustrating it is having to change mags more often than necessary.

The GHK is more realistic, but it’s marginal, depends how much that is a problem for you.

I’ve owned 4 MWS’s, and have fitted lots of real steel parts with minimal mods if that’s your bag, but airsoft reproductions are a lot cheaper if you’re just using it for training. I’ve not owned a GHK M4, but I have just fixed a KWA HK417.

And like the GHK, very realistic trigger group and externals, horribly inefficient though.

Sounds like the GHK is the right one for you. It is a tad more expensive, but more realistic. I believe it should be easier to remove the front post as well. The MWS rail requires something like the front sight post to keep it in place.

I personally just bought an MWS but for all the opposite reasons. I want something with ultimate performance for skirmishing. and the TM is realistic enough that it gives me a sense of emersion.

But from my research the GHK is much more like a real steel. I have even seen people fit them with real steal fire selectors, buffer tubes and stocks.

Check out this YouTube channel. The guy bought one last year for very similar reasons to you. 

Thanks, I had just watched that video too, seems like my options are the more realistic GHK that has the added benefit of being able to use co2 or the much more modification friendly TM, as I doubt I’ll go own the skirmish or heavily modified route and it’s a training rifle for my kriss I think the GHK is the better option 

Modular Weapon System, doesn’t really relate to much other than its a Colt M4A1 or CQBR.

Im a big time pedaller of the MWS but if all I was doing was training drills at home, sub 50M targets I would take a V2 GHK M4 all day.

The trigger, the feel, C02 mags and the RS compatibility edge over the MWS are why.

PS I assume you have a UKARA or that’s going to be one expensive two tone RIF!

45 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Modular Weapon System, doesn’t really relate to much other than its a Colt M4A1 or CQBR.

Im a big time pedaller of the MWS but if all I was doing was training drills at home, sub 50M targets I would take a V2 GHK M4 all day.

The trigger, the feel, C02 mags and the RS compatibility edge over the MWS are why.

PS I assume you have a UKARA or that’s going to be one expensive two tone RIF!

Ok thanks, no ukara but I do have sportsman association membership so the legal defence is covered

the GHK I wanted is now not in stock so if I want one now it’s the keymod handguard version, or I wait

3 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Let me guess Defcon 😁

Yes I quite fancy a URG-I one!

Think they are good value with the rail, charging handle etc

Yup that’s them, I wanted the URG-I one, nearly bought a TM today but it’s too short and the longer ones pistol grip angle is different as I said a few posts up, defcon will come back to me tomorrow, they have been pretty good at responding thus far 

@Davegolf sorry to derail the thread, but did you just say you have a Magpul MOE K2 grip for sale?  I happen to be looking for one in black if the price is right. Feel free to PM me.

On 21/01/2021 at 21:16, Davegolf said:

Pistol grips are easy, they take real steel ones, so fit whatever you desire *cough* K2 😁

DO you know the difference between the K2 and the PTS EPG? I couldn't find any K2 in stock so went with the EPG they seem similar

They are very similar.

The K2 is a little narrower up top and very slightly more vertical angle.

And obv made of double hard material for real usage.

The PTS is very good as a replica/training part.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.