Gifting Airsoft Guns

stan_clark

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Yeah just to clarify, the reason I put it like that was you mentioned gifting to "people" rather than "can I buy my son a RIF for him to use" etc.

I would still be very careful about who I gave one to, as any misuse could still come back to you.

Guest DrAlexanderTobacco

vvvv E: Missed the bit about wanting to sell to Under 18s - this does not apply there, my apologies. You can gift, however.

You can gift. You can even sell if you want to.

3.—(1) It shall be a defence in proceedings for an offence under section 36 of the 2006 Act or under paragraph 4 of Schedule 2 to that Act for the person charged with the offence to show that his conduct was for the purpose only of making the imitation firearm in question available for one or more of the purposes specified in paragraph (2).

(2) Those purposes are—

(a)the organisation and holding of permitted activities for which public liability insurance is held in relation to liabilities to third parties arising from or in connection with the organisation and holding of those activities;

(b)the purposes of display at a permitted event.

You are ALWAYS committing an offense by selling a RIF. Airsofters are explicitly allowed a defense if they can prove that the sale was made to someone intending to use the RIF at a publically insured Airsoft site.

If you, an airsofter, wants to sell a RIF to an another airsofter, and are happy to try to prove in court that they're an airsofter, you can do it.

1 hour ago, stan_clark said:

I am going to get my UKARA licence soon and I am wondering if I am allowed to gift non UKARA licence owning people airsoft guns and people who are under 18?

Under 18 they cannot purchase any airsoft gun, whether IF or RIF

Once 18 they can purchase an IF or establish their VCRA skirmisher defence to purchase a RIF

Once you have your defence established you can gift either an IF or RIF to someone under 18. However you should take note that anyone between the ages 12 & 18 should be supervised.

Please note that there is a separate offence about securing air weapons from minors.  Airsoft guns that are compliant with a specific definition technically no longer ‘low powered air weapons’ under firearms legislation and could be exempt from that storage & access restriction. 
It lies with the adult who enables access or falls to prevent access if an ‘incident’ comes to the attention of the law

Guest Mr. No_Face
18 hours ago, stan_clark said:

I am going to get my UKARA licence soon and I am wondering if I am allowed to gift non UKARA licence owning people airsoft guns and people who are under 18?

How are you planning on getting that UKARA membership in this climate? There are hardly any venues open and  I have tried and failed since the last game I played was well over 3 months ago. Not sure how any new comers will be getting a UKARA for the time being. So we're suck with ugly Two tones for now at least.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.