Gate Aster V Perun Mosfet?

padraigthesniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello guys im thinking about buying a mosfet to control the cycle of my aeg so the firing action is smoother. What are your thoughts on the gate vs perun? I'm not after spending 100 on something like a titan i just want the firing action reliable and smooth not fancy trigger settings etc. Everything i've read so far tells me the perun is the better choice. Dont worry about the installation im going to get a good tech to do the install just which mosfet performs better?

Cheers

• Mostly Retired Moderators

Could be worth considering the GATE Aster as an alternative to the Titan?

It's still an optical mosfet like the titan, just stripped down in funcitonality. It can be programmed to different sensitivities and firing modes, but on it's default setting it's quite nice and smooth.

My Specna H20 has one in, and while there were initially teething problems with them, the units leaving now are are great by all accounts. 

3 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

what do you mean by reliable and smooth action?

because it sounds like the problem might not be fixable by a mosfet unless you're getting over-run issues?

When i was at my last skirmish my mate showed me his gun that has a electric trigger it was a nuprol and the cycling of the gearbox felt much more exact like the gears stopped at the same spot each time. My stock specna arms edge orion gear box feels much more jumpy, not bad like something is wrong but just like a normal gearbox. I want my semi auto to be smoother so i assume a optical mosfet would be good for this as it stops the gears more precisely? just want my semi auto to feel like one action instead of hold down the trigger and wait for a full spin just tap once to get a full spin and stop. I want each tap of the trigger on semi to do the same length cycle whether i hold down or not.

• Supporters

so you're just after precocking then? what about something like a warfet, gives pretty decent precocking but doesn't risk the beep beep of doom if a blob of grease gets on the sensors.

Either will do then.

What you're after is a mosfet with Active Braking and Precocking.

I personally own a Perun and it's a good semi-budget alternative to the Titan, don't have enough experience with Asters to do a comparison though.

Leaning towards the Perun because it has two sensor boards and doesn't rely too much on stickers like the Aster does.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.