Sig Sauer McX Virtus

sonofsammo

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I swear I read an advert in the classifieds of someone selling one of these really recently but I can't find it for the life of me now. Seemed like a very honest summary of it in terms of the reasons they weren't entirely happy with it, and why they were looking to part with it.

TLDR seemed to be they didn't feel the price was justified, they felt the externals were lacking especially with slop throughout. Regrettably I payed less attention to comments on the internals/performance.

Fingers crossed I'm not going mad and someone else saw the same ad I'm referring to, but a seemingly honest run down with warts and all showing from someone trying to make a sale seems about as close to unbiased as I've seen of late.

5 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Wish they’d make an MPX 😭

Someone's made one you can print. It takes V2 internals and either printed mags or MP5 mags

Just the average VFC POS, but this time it's a pain to put together/disassemble :D

(a teammate has one, it NEVER worked properly, not even fresh out of the box)

Guest Airsoft J2

OK, I'll bite. 

I've had a legacy and a Virtus and I like them.

It's fine out of the box. A little low powered but a tech can bring that up and the quick change spring feature gives you options. Mine won't drive a m110, I've got a 90 in at the moment and will try and 100 when it arrives next week.  The hop seems fine, mine manages 0.28s just fine. Rate of fine is pretty average and the trigger is...well, it's an AEG.

I do really like the ergonomics, although I'm about to chop mine up to make a super short rattler.

Issues I've seen involved the external rail which the stocks sits on being brittle and prone to having bits snap off and crack if you put too much stress on it. It's also a real faff to reconnect the contacts after separating the upper and lower, but I'm used to rear wired AEGs and gas guns so that might just be me.

So, I like it. I'll be sending it away to get tuned once it's been shortened to a rattler (dunno where I'll send it yet).

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.