Cyma Cm.621 Upgrades

Misery

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

22 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

Hahaha once i had calibrated it house of the rising sun was first thing i did looool

pre cocking and 3 round burst set ;) triggers set as responsive as i like and thats it left as is

Are you finished? ;) What's next Mwahaha

ill check back on that commenbt

16 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

updated my previous reply...

look to resolve the safety issue though m8

apart from that - very very very well done squire

the saftey issue to rectify just now id reckon id need to go back to stock trigger which i will do tonight till i can figure out how to extend the latch by about 2mm to take into account the deeper cut out on the new trigger for now im bout to stuff my face with cake as bday time for my wee girl :D

6 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

with this one yes till it breaks then ill replace and upgrade ;),future plans a m4 based dmr full metal the works lol buit wanna get a few skirmishes in with this and see what happens :)

if needs be @Sitting Duck i can program semi to safe and auto to what ever i want to but going bk to stoock is what i will be doing so its done properly no point coming this far just to fluff it at the end :)

On 02/02/2021 at 17:02, RonLancs said:

i lied shes getting 13-1 gears and a rocket high torque motor....but in my defence it isnt a planned upgrade stepsons 516 shat a tooth on the spur gear so will give him my gearset and motor and well ya know the rest lol

• Supporters

On 23/01/2021 at 01:51, Adolf Hamster said:

See this is how it begins.....

It'll be 13:1 short stroked before it ever hits the field :P

10 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

i lied shes getting 13-1 gears and a rocket high torque motor

fucking called it :P

tbf if step sons gun hadnt fecked i wouldnt be upgrading lol but didnt see point of buying a standard gear set when the 13-1 wasnt much more cost wise lol wife asked why i was buying a motor too was like well with giving him my gear set he needs a better motor so will give him mine and get another for myself worked a charm haha

• Supporters
43 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

tbf if step sons gun hadnt fecked i wouldnt be upgrading lol but didnt see point of buying a standard gear set when the 13-1 wasnt much more cost wise lol wife asked why i was buying a motor too was like well with giving him my gear set he needs a better motor so will give him mine and get another for myself worked a charm haha

yeah i just couldn't miss the opportunity to point it out :P

don't worry, you're in good company, like i say some of us never shoot the same gun twice :P

• Supporters

snip - see update/status for mega waffle...

maybe get a set of 8mm bearings...

just in case the SHS Spur is a bit tight/chunky

then replace spur's top bushing with bearing

(leave bushing under spur)

that should give you a smidge more room to shim with & spin freely

if the 13:1 spur especially is so chunky it proves a little too snug/tight

I had to use a 8mm bearing, putting 13:1 ZCI/Big Dragon 13:1's in a 517 - modded for 13:1's

(just one bearing on top of spur as had virtually no room or play on spur)

left 5 x buhings as is, just needed a lower profile bearing on top of 13:1 spur

you might be OK, but my gut tells me it will be a little more snug on 13:1's

and if room inside is reduced - well you might find it a bit too snug/tight on bushings

You do seem to be rather unfortunate with these toy guns

are you related to this bloke by any chance...

Image result for Frank spencer pic

will give it a read in a bit just woke up lol

i will see how it fits together before ordering bearing bushings bud as already spent 110 on parts lol and have also ordered paint to collect tomoz so can paint mine lol

edit: 8mm zci bearings ordered with rest of my stuff from ak2m4 :D

• Supporters

HOPEFULLY that should do ya for a good while...

the RA motor should be ok in 621 - just avoid using AB

but if it does cause issues then keep 621 motor in ergh the 621

and drop the RA in the 516 & both guns should be much snappier

HOPEFULLY - your bad run of luck should lessen soon

(these toy guns can get a bit expensive with all these repairs & upgrades)

The point or trick is to only replace stuff when it breaks (or really needs stuff)

and meantime get these poxy fucking things running as efficiently as possible

if you are not careful you can sink a small fortune into them and still shoot shit or not at all

so fingers crossed this will fix & resolve stuff for a while now

@Sitting Duck bought ptfe tape yesterday done the seal which has sorted the cmpression when nozzle isnt fitted but as soon as nozzles fitted i have very little compression,any nozzle u recomened to replace it?

38 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

@Sitting Duck bought ptfe tape yesterday done the seal which has sorted the cmpression when nozzle isnt fitted but as soon as nozzles fitted i have very little compression,any nozzle u recomened to replace it?

Maybe try an SHS M4 21.4mm?  Try measuring the original nozzle first as the wrong nozzle may cause feeding issues. (sorry to jump in Duck) Also the new nozzle may be tight on the CYMA cylinder head which can also cause feeding issues as it cant move as freely. 

i dont have calipers to get an accurate measurement unfortunatly,yeah i thought that may be the case why i was asking first dont wanna spend more than i have to with how much ive thrown at this gun so far lol

1 minute ago, miserydrift said:

i dont have calipers to get an accurate measurement unfortunatly,yeah i thought that may be the case why i was asking first dont wanna spend more than i have to with how much ive thrown at this gun so far lol

Maybe try a rough estimate with a ruler. To be honest you may just have to settle with stock nozzle as I know from experience most stock nozzles (without o-ring) will let a little air out. Even some o-ring nozzles do sometimes... I’d Chuck it all together and test FPS on .2’s and if it’s consistent leave it be. However we both know you’re pining for the perfect air seal and it’s another itch to scratch 😂

haha true.yeah im thinking that but am willing to try lol,yeah i guessed that would be case,will do once my other parts arrive tomoz then can throw it back together and test,that i am now with amount of work  going into this lol

Just now, miserydrift said:

haha true.yeah im thinking that but am willing to try lol,yeah i guessed that would be case,will do once my other parts arrive tomoz then can throw it back together and test,that i am now with amount of work  going into this lol

It's just the way it is mate. Once you've finished this build price everything up (and be honest) and see how much it came to so when it comes to the inevitable next "forever gun" you can see if its worth upping the budget on a more pricier bit of kit i.e. CYMA Platinum... Mmm that's my next purchase. 

118 in total i spent 20 on buying the gun so 138 in new 621 is 160 i set a limit of 160 in total for upgrade parts or replacement parts from the outset as originaly was going to be buyting a new cyma when i got offered those so set my limit to the cost of said gun new including what i paid ofr it in that budget,next up is a scratch build dmr for me :)

well after i put motor from the 621 in my stepsons 516 and a cheap mosfet in it to then ill start buying the parts every so often for the dmr :)

3 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

118 in total i spent 20 on buying the gun so 138 in new 621 is 160 i set a limit of 160 in total for upgrade parts or replacement parts from the outset as originaly was going to be buyting a new cyma when i got offered those so set my limit to the cost of said gun new including what i paid ofr it in that budget,next up is a scratch build dmr for me :)

Fairs man! A DMR would be sexy but I personally just don't have enough outdoor fields near me.. :( I mean I could put a scope and a bipod on my MP5 and that'd be a DMR right? haha 

i iknow probs stupid throwing all that on the budget cyma but idrather that than buy new and then have that expense on top as pasrts have failed seeing how many rifs comen quite frankly dopdgy out the factory

the two i have that are in a 10 mile radius are both outside thank god so be able to use it even if i had to travel further i wouold just to use it loooool,hahaha hell yeah hahaha

edit: as dodgy as my typing it seems hahaha

2 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

i iknow probs stupid throwing all that on the budget cyma but idrather that than buy new and then have that expense on top as pasrts have failed seeing how many rifs comen quite frankly dopdgy out the factory

the two i have that are in a 10 mile radius are both outside thank god so be able to use it even if i had to travel further i wouold just to use it loooool,hahaha hell yeah hahaha

edit: as dodgy as my typing it seems hahaha

Yeah haha I guess I'm a metal body whore. I've held polymer rifs and they're nice and all that sturdy etc.. But i like my rifs to get weathered and scratched and dinked lol. 

haha so am i if im honest bud id rather have this as reliable as i can get it so i can throw the money into getting a really nmice metal m4 upper and lower nice long ass either keymod or skeletal style handguard,internalwise all i know is ill be getting another perun for it,will see how the 13-1 gear set and the high tourqe motor are like before deciding what ill be doing that side of things have spotted this gear box

PM-4571443167606b.jpg

4 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

haha so am i if im honest bud id rather have this as reliable as i can get it so i can throw the money into getting a really nmice metal m4 upper and lower nice long ass either keymod or skeletal style handguard,internalwise all i know is ill be getting another perun for it,will see how the 13-1 gear set and the high tourqe motor are like before deciding what ill be doing that side of things have spotted this gear box

PM-4571443167606b.jpg

13:1 for a DMR? Hmm, might want to look at higher ratio and a high torque motor. It'll still be snappy but with pulling a bigger spring but hey, thats a convo for a different thread.. In fact search on here and you'll find a belter I was involved in. I'd look but I'm supposed to be working right now!! haha 

haha long way off deciding what will be going in it if im honest still want to have my first skirmish haha ill look into that nearer the time,hahaha get back to work slacker ;)

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, miserydrift said:

Ahhhh tricky one coz the tappet is a bit bespoke

and the usual Red SHS is very loose/wobbly on it

The plastic SHS TZ0100 is a better fit - slight wobble but way less than Red M4

https://www.shs-airsoft.com/product/shs-m4-nozzle/

Trouble is - very few places stock them

and the odd slot dooberry is supposed to prevent "bb suction"

(where incoming bb plugs the nozzle and restricts cylinder filling with air

though this is more likely to occur on a full/closed cylinder than a ported one)

So this so called innovation is not needed on most/nigh on all guns

The other issue is the "slot" may - untested may, may cause turbulence

in expelling the air to hop/bb etc...

So you are unlikely to find one locally and not needed & may disturb airflow

BUT it does fit better than the Red SHS nozzle

Now a SHS Red M4 fits lovely on a SHS tappet plate

but that don't fit in Cyma box - so you gotta mod it with cut outs up front

like I mentioned a while back...

before/after...

6LUaPNd.jpg

Now you could buy a LONEX tappet plate...

But be careful....

some refer to a Lonex plate that has cut-outs like Cyma

& some refer to a Lonex that is straight edges like SHS

me thinks Lonex have revised stuff perhaps

and/or the Ultimate tappet has the cut outs now

& Lonex is straight edge - bit confusing

Lonex gearbox with Lonex tappet...

http://www.clandestineairsoft.com/bmz_cache/2/2823a11f89cd1d24f5eb8d2d4173736b.image.735x550.JPG

weird coz gearbox doesn't have the extra material inside like Cyma

so doesn't need the tappet to have cut outs in a Lonex box ???

Now here is a Lonex tappet plate also...

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/lonex-enhanced-tappet-plate-for-version-2-gearbox-m16g3mp5

and here is the Ultimate (ASG/LONEX linky somewhere)

https://www.fire-support.co.uk/product/ultimate-tappet-plate-for-m16g3mp5-series-version-2-gearbox

GB-01-18A & UL-PT-16618

with me thinking the tappet with cutouts is now the ASG/Ultimate one now

& Lonex tappet is now solid edge like SHS

AND -  even then I don't have a fucking clue how snug the stuff fits on them

so maybe forget the Lonex/ASG lottery if it is cut out & what nozzle will fit etc...

I think Lonex/ASG tappet is not worth it

you could buy a new cylinder head with fatter spout - so shit nozzle seals a little better

(but dunno what one to tell ya to get)

Sooooo - that leaves a SHS v2 tappet, modded slightly to work in Cyma box

and then a Red SHS nozzle to go with it - just std one

you don't need the double o-ring one

(often the double o-ring one has nicks in it to prevent bb suction

but there are some double o-rings without nicks - but most are nicks)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SHS-Shooter-Aluminium-Double-Nozzle/dp/B013M53VQ4

So keep it simple and just go for a single o-ring

then mod the SHS tappet to fit in Cyma

Not a massive investment - more bit of time sorting it out on SHS tappet

Now Pete @ak2m4 does a few nozzles...

std...

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/nozzles/ra-m4-aluminium-nozzle

double o-ring - without nicks it seems...

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/nozzles/ra-m4-aluminium-nozzle-double-oring

(weird - most if not all the ones I've seen & few I have have nicks in them)

plus a ZCI one too...

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/nozzles/zci-aluminum-air-seal-nozzle-v2

and a AOLS one...

https://www.ak2m4.co.uk/internal-parts/nozzles/aols-m4-aluminium-nozzle-double-oring

though this is a little longer and has nicks in...

(though dare say if filed down slightly most of nicks will vanish)

So Pete has FOUR nozzles

Hopefully ONE of them MIGHT be a more fit on Cyma std tappet

either old clear one in 516's or revised blue one in latest 517's & 621's etc...

(they both wobble with SHS Red nozzle - same shit but different polymer/ABS/Plastic)

If Pete doesn't have a Cyma weirdo bespoke tappet - I can post him one of my old clear ones

then he can try & see if one nozzle fits on std Cyma tappets better (or not)

Might find one nozzle is better - like the black plastic M4 nozzle

but the slotted one I don't think really caught on & not worth stocking

unless nothing fucking fits on Cyma tappets properly

So really - I think if you want the job done right

then you are likely looking at a £5 SHS nozzle

& a £3:50 SHS tappet to mod like Cyma one

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.