Lockdown Boredom

Druid799

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

18 hours ago, Zitch said:

Not the one she was after unfortunately! Will have to wait a while anyway funds pretty crappy atm.

Yeah same here.☹

Regards 

Since the first lockdown I have bought:

Specna C02 + parts

E&L 74u + parts

Specna C08 + parts

AAP-01 x2 + parts

King Arms PDW + parts

Action Army T-11 + parts

Two decent load bearing systems (sso smersh, TT 2 piece mav + harness) + one cheapy Emerson POS to use for my sniper kit.

a fuckton of spare parts and probably the entire European stock of Maple Leaf rubbers and Omega tensioners.

For a total of over €2000.

It's far from over though, if the ssx303 is decent I feel obliged to buy that one too.

Bough a g&g sr30 off here, fnx45 back in October, mags, sights, stock and grip, kydex custom holster, sling, frv belt (awesome)... Still waiting on a m300 surefire clone from Ali... 

20210115_152813.jpg

Around 500 leaves, all hand coloured and waiting to dry. I'm merging what works with my current webtex concealment vest ghillie suit with a new leaf suit; namely, elastic loops for natural foliage, so shouldn't need thousands of leaves to cover the suit. Just a couple to break up the uniformity (as leaf suits tend to come stitched in neat lines...). Also got more than enough raffia to scatter around

Project 2 of 2 is moving along nicely. At this rate, I'm going to run out of projects before we get back out there 😧

If it goes well, I might indulge myself about £20 to buy some more leaves and inks so I can do more and bulk out my suit a bit more.

image.png.2e5b0aa747d6492070820c787eb9c86e.png

Played before lockdown one a few times. Played between lockdowns two and three. 

Wife: just rent a gun. Don’t buy one. You always go mental buying things for activities. We have a surfboard in the garage that gets used for two weekends a year. 

Husband: £30 kit rental... it is much more cost effective to buy my own. I need my own. I’m saving money really. 

Wife: I can’t condone this. 

Husband: buys SA E07, three high cap mags, two batteries, smart charger, single point sling, 6000 rounds (which it could be about June before I get to fire at this rate). Husband spends evening doing solo room clearances round the house. 

Wife (home unexpectedly early): How much did you spend on all that?? 

Husband: £50.....................

14 minutes ago, DRay said:

Wife: just rent a gun. Don’t buy one. You always go mental buying things for activities. We have a surfboard in the garage that gets used for two weekends a year. 

Husband: £30 kit rental... it is much more cost effective to buy my own. I need my own. I’m saving money really. 

Husband: buys SA E07, three high cap mags, two batteries, smart charger, single point sling, 6000 rounds (which it could be about June before I get to fire at this rate). Husband spends evening doing solo room clearances round the house. 

Haha 

Yep that's the tactic I use. 

I also have a price labeling gun hidden away so I can put what I  like on boxes and just leave them where wifey can see. "That's cheap for a box of magazines isn't it?"

"Yep at £2.50 I couldn't say no"👍😉

Regards 

58 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Haha 

I also have a price labeling gun hidden away so I can put what I  like on boxes and just leave them where wifey can see. "That's cheap for a box of magazines isn't it?"

Regards 

1 hour ago, DRay said:

thats one benefit of being single...   no missus to have to hide all the airsoft spending from  =P

4 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

thats one benefit of being single...   no missus to have to hide all the airsoft spending from  =P

That is a benefit of being single. I just lie about how much things cost 😂

Just now, GenuineGerman said:

That is a benefit of being single. I just lie about how much things cost 😂

great minds think alike =P

Just now, GenuineGerman said:

My missus thinks I’m a legend at getting deals, if only she knew the truth 😂

Yeah but that let's you down when she has her eye on pair of £60 shoes and after 20mins 'haggling' they cost £62. Doh!!

🤭👍

Regards 

• Supporters

Everything goes straight up the attic (my man cave) and to keep her out and protect my ‘investment’ from prying eyes i’ve got an old picture frame that I periodically load up with spiderwebs and lay it across the hatchway when I come down from it , she hasn’t been up there basically since I started playing 20yrs ago ! 😈🤣🤣🤣

3 hours ago, Shamal said:

Haha 

Regards 

4 years of marriage and I have hit upon the discovery that £100 for a toy will win me the silent treatment. £50 incurs displeasure but she still speaks to me. You would be AMAZED what you can buy for £50. 

Bought a Specna C25 thinking it’d be a straightforward out of the box shooter to properly get me back into airsoft, only to realise it’s been rear wired long enough to plug into the mains at any safe zone in the UK along with the available space in the buffer tube for a AAA battery...at a push. 

So I’ve got a longer buffer tube 3D printed (can’t get the actual extended one from Specna - god bless Brexit) and some spade connectors on the way to chop out the 6.3 miles of unnecessary wiring. I’ve also spent a shit ton on new gear, some accessories for this Specna and my eyes are on another Specna M4 at the same time, because why not..

Oh yeah..and I preordered a Novritsch SSX303.

D1E2A68B-FB6C-4DE2-ACCD-D61CB6CE3AB2.jpeg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.