Lockdown Boredom

Druid799

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

So the question to this vile bunch of reprobates, hornswagglers and generally dodgy characters is with absolutely zero chance of dumping your white load on random strangers and terrified youngsters in the near or foreseeable future due to the lockdown AND the mind numbing boredom that comes with it and the fact this level of boredom reduces your willpower to the tensile strength of a piece of wet Aldi value toilet paper what have you been spending money you haven’t got on ? and then instantly thinking “FFS am I off my head or what ?” the second the dispatched email arrived ? 
Me ? mine is a G&G AK GIMS .

• Supporters

Airsoft specifically hopefully getting a 1p67 at some point.

Kinda toning down the airsoft spending this year methinks, lockdown 1 had me reshuffling my collection but now i'm pretty happy with what i've got, although granted that urge to tinker is gonna be rekindled about 30s into the first game when we can go play again.

In terms of current projects, working on an RPK. Was going to fit a Jefftron leviathan but they seem to be taking their sweet time with the V3 so will probably end up fitting a Titan.

Future project is an FN FAL. Planned on getting a King Arms, they are glacial with their re-release. In the meanwhile there is the looming VFC offering. Have no experience with GBB rifle so probably won't indulge.  

I’ve sold as many guns as I’ve bought. Collection has been fine-tuned to what actually suits my style  

Gone is a bit of a mish mash. In is a very Ali-focused collection of DMR, rifles, SMG and pistols

oh and this 

E78EB3D4-5943-4651-B552-7CBB2C6943B9.jpeg

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, EDcase said:

I only had a green G&G raider when the pandemic started.

Now....

Hide contents

Collection_Small.thumb.jpg.e7112685aa39dca723a6cd90966d6652.jpg

download.jpeg

17 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

I swore to myself i wouldn’t buy another one...... but I did. Darn it. Hey ho I suppose. But that’s it. No more.... honest, really, I mean it.  Oh bugger it’s my birthday next month. I’m doomed! 😂

I did the same 😆

Genuinely thought to myself that I didn't want anything else.

A month later...

I really think I'm done now

Until the S&T Enfield is out 😉 (If its decent)

Another MWS is all I'm looking to pick up at this point. Very much regret selling the one I had, textbook case of not knowing what you have till it's gone. Alongside the constant ticking in my brain of whether I can really be bothered with HPA anymore or sell up that side of things and treat myself to that Zenitco GHK AK I've been eyeing for a while but can't justify unless I have a bit of a clearout. Decisions, decisions.

I ended up buying a bunch of tan NGRS PAMGS.... yup tan.... and guess what? I've got no tan gun for them to go on.... you can see where I'm going with this.... lockdown boredom is bad.... Doomed I tell ya doomed.... 

1 hour ago, EDcase said:

I did the same 😆

Genuinely thought to myself that I didn't want anything else.

A month later...

I really think I'm done now

Until the S&T Enfield is out 😉 (If its decent)

Ohhhhh Enfield ;)

2 hours ago, EDcase said:

Now....

Hide contents

😬

Fuck!!!!!

2 hours ago, EDcase said:

Now....

Hide contents

😬

I just clicked on it.....  oh sweet lord! Dude! that's epic! You're missing a Bugsy Malone gangster gun! 

I've mostly been looking at unfinished projects and finishing them up; these two projects are leaf suit/chest rig/rifle wrap (not finished because I already have a webtex concealment vest based ghillie that works wonders, and my scrim net rifle wrap has been more than doing a sufficient job at camoing the rifle), and tweaking my spring VSR to bring the performance in line with the HPA one (not finished because I just used the HPA one all the time). I promised myself I wouldn't buy anything new until I've paid off my debts, so nothing has been bought and I didn't even renew my UKARA. Unlike the rest of you, my will is iron! :P

With the VSRs, I think I've settled on my two builds as of today, as my springer is now quieter and running between 2.29 and 2.32J while my HPA setup I can just adjust to what I need and has always performed stupidly well. Looking forward to taking them out and seeing them perform at their peak once my local site reopens.

The leaves are still to be finished as it takes ages! I've been colouring hundreds of leaves which I intend to use for a rifle wrap and also to craft onto my cheap Viper chest rig, because I'm not defacing my gucci Warrior Assault Systems one. If I have any left, which I really should because I have about 500 of them to colour, I'll craft them onto my NMG spring leaf suit that has been sitting in the wardrobe for ages because I typically prefer my lightweight webtex concealment vest based ghillies. The plan with the leaf suit is to stitch on some elastic loops like my webtex concealment vest ghillie has, as I've found that the artificial stuff is just there to compliment natural vegetation and I really like the elastic loop style over using new cable ties every game day.

That being said, once the debts are gone (hopefully by summer), I want to get a Polarstar F2 engine for my TM m14 as I already have a tank, line and regulator. The plan is to run it as a silent semi-auto sniper rifle; will probably keep it at 1.1J as I don't think a 30m MED is worth it for 1.6J, but I'll basically use it the same way as I use my VSR now, just at 60 - 65m effective range instead of 70 - 75m. I think it will honestly be my best performing gun when it's all done, my airsoft magnum opus if you will, as no 30m MED is incredibly liberating and semi-auto is a lot faster than bolt action if needed.

15 hours ago, Druid799 said:

what have you been spending money you haven’t got on ? and then instantly thinking “FFS am I off my head or what ?” the second the dispatched email arrived ? 

where to start....

do we include last years lockdowns as ell?  or just this year?

last years purchases:
-G&G SMC 9 (from only airsoft)
-5x mags for SMC from airsoft shop in germany...  cant remember name
-ex-military missile case to make into gun case
-various thickness foam sheets to protect guns in the missile case
-CO2 bolt kit for my Galaxy G31
-Northeast Sten mk2 from classifieds
-7 x mags for sten (from airsoft world)
-Ares WA2000 sniper + scope + scope riser (bought in store at only airsoft between lockdowns 1 and 2)
-TAG rounds from classifieds
-AAp-01 stock
-Mateba revolver and 2x sets of spare shells from an airsoft shop in italy
-8mm limited edition Ghost in the Shell mateba from yahoo japan auctions
- various mags for all my guns
-m105 and m110 springs for Nuprol M4
-Prommy purple bucking and nub for Nuprol M4

oh,  and thats before i add my Virtus helmet, visor and mandible, osprey plate carrier and various pouches, plus Kombat battle belt to the mix too

december 20/january 21:
-bunch of Weapons Grade Waifu patches (from airsoft atlanta)
-MAXX m4 hop unit with built in tracer unit (airsoft atlanta)
-Armourer works drum mag for my AAP-01 (airsoft atlanta)

-Tippmann M4v2 starter kit (with HPA tank and ninja line), 5x CO2 mags and MOLLE pouch to carry HPA tank  (from Battlezone airsoft)

-monocular, 2 x camo head mask/balaclavas and 2x camo "boonie" style hats (from rhino tactical)

-sheets of plywood, foam floor mats, nails etc to make a bb catching target in my garden

lets just say that i have spent WAY more on airsoft than i should have....  especially as i only played my first game in february last year..  =/

Edit 1: missed a few items
edit 2: will add pics of decemer and januarys purchases to the "what have you bought" thread later today/ tomorrow after i collect the parcel from parcelfarce depot...

Being completely new I had planned on renting till I knew what I wanted to buy and not get 2 tone, but I think the waiting is getting to me! Probably going to buy some second hand bits just to get into teching with to get me into the hobby and keep the boredom away! Just need to get the funds to keep the wife off my back! Haha. 

26 minutes ago, Zitch said:

Being completely new I had planned on renting till I knew what I wanted to buy and not get 2 tone, but I think the waiting is getting to me! Probably going to buy some second hand bits just to get into teching with to get me into the hobby and keep the boredom away! Just need to get the funds to keep the wife off my back! Haha. 

Bribery with flowers always helps ;) 

14 minutes ago, AlphaBear said:

Bribery with flowers always helps ;) 

I wish that helped with my wife! Looks like I have to bribe her with a new garmin, think I might be waiting a while! Haha. 

12 minutes ago, Zitch said:

I wish that helped with my wife! Looks like I have to bribe her with a new garmin, think I might be waiting a while! Haha. 

There was a Garmin for sale in parts and gear. £70 I think.👍

47 minutes ago, Shamal said:

There was a Garmin for sale in parts and gear. £70 I think.👍

Not the one she was after unfortunately! Will have to wait a while anyway funds pretty crappy atm.

Bought back the only rif I regretted selling, just spent two hours with the joy of opening and closing a non quick release v3 gearbox 6 times and disassembling and reassembling a a Galil to find a spring from my box of random unmarked springs that will do 340 FPS

Nope no luck, 6 springs of varying length and compression and all too powerful. Probably why I took them out of various rifs  in the first place!!!

even better I just threw  them back in the box without labelling them so i can go through the same routine again in the future (what a tool !!!).

• Supporters

no spring labelling system can handle more than 3 springs.

i used to use coloured cable ties but i ended up going "green, is green 1j, or sub 1j? is orange the right one? red is hot right?"

22 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

no spring labelling system can handle more than 3 springs.

i used to use coloured cable ties but i ended up going "green, is green 1j, or sub 1j? is orange the right one? red is hot right?"

I just keep the original packaging and keep them in that. Works for me!

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.