An Interesting Take From a 'Real Steel' Perspective

alxndrhll

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

25 minutes ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Unless they have a dual at High Noon, I always wonder what these guys are training for.

SERIOUSLY ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Don’t you know the end of the world is coming and the Zombie Cockroaches will be taking us out !!!

1 hour ago, MiK said:

SERIOUSLY ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Don’t you know the end of the world is coming and the Zombie Cockroaches will be taking us out !!!

Those things are bullet proof

• Supporters
5 hours ago, CrackCommandoUnit1972 said:

Unless they have a dual at High Noon, I always wonder what these guys are training for.

the day when the government wants to come take their guns away.

because an ar-15 is gonna do a stellar job against the bradley they send round to stop people trying any funny business.

If anyone thinks AR15’s are the only things some of these “preppers” have to pewpew with might be in for a shock - gotta love the U S of A and their right to defend their home/state unlike us Brits and “Wanna cup of Tea Love?” ;)

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, MiK said:

If anyone thinks AR15’s are the only things some of these “preppers” have to pewpew with might be in for a shock - gotta love the U S of A and their right to defend their home/state unlike us Brits and “Wanna cup of Tea Love?” ;)

oh for sure the stuff the yanks can get their mitts on is pretty serious ordinance, my point was that in the event of them needing to fight against a government deploying the us army then that's going to be a very one-sided fight.

• Supporters

And Afghanistan.  If it came to that kinda thing the US would end up in civil war again and an awful lot of the military would be on the 2a/republican/whatever side, this 'lol drones vs rifle' thing is a very vert short sighted commentary which excludes both a vital understanding of military forces historically fighting indigenous people and the actual political lay of the land in America.  Unless you carpet bomb whole populations you can't easily defeat an enemy who can instantly switch between combatant and non-combatant and militaries are not homogenous, blindly obedient blobs made up of mindless robots devoid of opinions and that's especially true in the US.

Not that it's anything like clear cut.  The confederacy lost because they were the much smaller belligerent with an economy based in large part on slavery and a lot of cotton exports and afaik every foreign power that got involved sided with the Union and stopped buying said cotton along with blockading the Confederate ports, which was pretty crippling with the south having almost no domestic arms manufacture and not much arable land.  Who knows where the lines would be drawn if the same thing happened now and which other countries would potentially get involved.  Either way the fact is a war would cost many more lives than common civilian ownership of firearms for decades and all compressed in to a few years of unimaginable violence, not to mention the inevitable mass suffering, misery and destruction.

• Supporters

yes in a state of full on civil war where there's enough divide that some or all of the military turns to the other side it's irrelevant.

but in a situation where the divide isn't so strong and the military stays on the side of the majority of the population then it's a different story, like the whole storming the capitol thing or the rush area 51.

Most of the people into airsoft i would assume would be into real firearm shooting if it was easier to get into where we live. I do airsoft for shooting at people lol and clay shooting,target shooting abroad for targets. The stereo type of the whiny kid with the fancy airsoft gun that you see in those rage videos is why most people i assume would think airsoft is silly. 

I also think its very silly to assume that a militia in america wouldnt be able to fight back against a goverment gun grab. This isnt the first time in history they have been outgunned. Also most of the military which you assume would be like stormtroopers gunning down fat gun obsessed republicans, happen to throw in with them mostly. Yes they cant kill a tank with a AR 15 but they can defiantly do damage and retreat, as well as how easy simple explosives can be accessed in america imagine some homebrewed ied's. They wouldnt win but they wouldnt lose, and thats the same as winning. If they did have a civil war it would be a great time for some other country to attack them though.

Airsoft guns dont hit people, good hop ups and fancy bb's do. 😂

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.