Leadly's Mtw Build Thread - a Dive Head First Into HPA

leadly

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

10 minutes ago, leadly said:

@Monkman I took my MTW to Anzio camp yesterday and had exactly the same issue. I was easily over hopping 0.32's.

I totally forgot I had a bag of 0.36's in my kit bag but ah well, never mind. I'm booking Anzio again for next month so will try the 0.36's then and report back!

The swerving issue I had last time has now gone away. It may have just needed a rebuild but it got the new barrel, 1.0 arm and bucking instead.

Wearing my KMCS with the MTW was brilliant once I got outside in the greener areas. Shot / had pinned down a decent amount of players by myself without them having a clue where I was.

It may well be the bucking needs to bed in a bit before it'll 'play nice' with .32s. Might worth intermitently dipping back to .32s every thousand rounds or so to see... though the more expedient way (if .32s are what you want to use) would be to play around with different nubs/remove some material from the nub currently being used in Monkman's case. I'd never had any issues with .32s with mine, but admittedly my G&G green is anything but fresh out of the packet, I dread to think how many rounds that thing has seen. G&G may have also changed the design/material slightly since I picked mine up, but I feel like that'd be something plenty of folks would pick up on had that been the case given how many folks use them in a veriety of RIFs.

Nevertheless, good to hear that shots aren't hooking anymore.

• 3 weeks later...

Well hello there!

Had a good MTW tuning session in my mates garden. It was really handy to have two MTW's at hand to compare side by side. I was having inconsistency issues (FPS wise) despite it running perfectly at Anzio. This was cured by upping the dwell slightly. I'm now easily hitting a tree trunk at just over 60m with 0.32's (had a range finder at hand) to confirm this!!

Adjusting the dwell on my mates sorted out his issues with the odd flyer and was sending 0.36 lasers at the same very tree trunk.

Looks like I'll be sharing my knowledge with my mate Dayne as he's just purchased an MTW from @alxndrhll. So that'll be 3 of us at Anzio at the end of the month with MTW's.

I got hold of a couple of bottles of ASG 0.36 Devil Blasters and ran them the other week as DMR...  Got through x2 tanks in a day..just goes to show how much I was enjoying the MTW.

Think i'll drop the fps down so I can use full auto and use the rest of my 0.4/0.43's for DMR role when I want to mix it up some.

Looks like I may have to tweak the Dwell as well...still getting the odd inconsistent fps reading.

• 1 month later...

All bushed up at Matlock the other weekend with my MTW.

Removed some of the red / brown leaves since.

Screenshot_20210605-220625__01.thumb.jpg.f9b632ca16bdd420f7a038f693674b8b.jpg

This is the inner speed softer trying to get out! 😂 Got extra speed from having my Hi Capa on me!

Screenshot_20210605-220816__01.thumb.jpg.d4999ce1f792885c1721a2a2b785bd9e.jpg

Edited by leadly
Spelling

• 1 month later...

Fantastic day at Phoenix yesterday. I ran my VSR for a few games but with towering 10ft ferns everywhere, it wasn't that fun. 

Switched to my MTW and engaged hedge trimmer mode!

My bloody flash drum mag full of 0.32's shat itself later in the day but fortunately I had 3 mags full of 0.36's to test with me in my rig.

Oh my, just that little bit more range was so helpful and the consistency was spot on using the heavier BB. Will definitely be buying some more!!

On 01/08/2021 at 10:07, leadly said:

Fantastic day at Phoenix yesterday. I ran my VSR for a few games but with towering 10ft ferns everywhere, it wasn't that fun. 

Switched to my MTW and engaged hedge trimmer mode!

My bloody flash drum mag full of 0.32's shat itself later in the day but fortunately I had 3 mags full of 0.36's to test with me in my rig.

Oh my, just that little bit more range was so helpful and the consistency was spot on using the heavier BB. Will definitely be buying some more!!

God I wish you hadn't drummed about how much fun DMR with HPA was....... consider yourself a bad influence.

@Steveocee I ran it as an AEG as Phoenix don't knock down HPA users and AEG's can run at 370! Gives me  a nice advantage over most AEG's as you'd expect them to be sub 350 as per everywhere else.

Now DMR's are 450fps at Phoenix. My mate ran his MTW as a DMR and had a blast!

I'm tempted to try DMR next time I'm there. However being a bushman, I got a good 20+ kills within 20m. I went invisible and hit a 10 kill streak. Had the other team moaning at eachother thinking they were getting team killed!! 🤣🤣

Edited by leadly

Playing at a new site on Sunday! 

My mate who runs UKFOB has started a site called Division 22 with a few of his mates. https://division22.co.uk/

Plans are to run it in AEG mode for most of the day to learn the site then switch to DMR perhaps after dinner.

My mate (who I infected with the Airsoft virus) has just spunked on an MTW after borrowing an MTW for a few games, so that's 4 of them in our group now 🤣.

Next game day after this should be Leicester Gaol in September. Quite looking to changing the look of my MTW for that.

I'll be removing the leafy wrap, short dot and Silverback Supressor and fitting a red dot and smaller QD KAC supressor with my tracer unit stuffed inside! Oh and will also slap a torch on as well for those darker rooms!

Shoved in a ZCI barrel and Mapel Leaf 70degree bucking...and I have to say a marked improvement in range and grouping of BB's... Quiet impressed for such a cheap upgrade. :)

1 hour ago, Monkman said:

Shoved in a ZCI barrel and Mapel Leaf 70degree bucking...and I have to say a marked improvement in range and grouping of BB's... Quiet impressed for such a cheap upgrade. :)

Can't beat cheap!! How many additional airsoft metres do you think you have gained?

After having a double check, my mates site allows DMR's upto 450fps, so there is a definite advantage to be gained! Now I just need to find a bulk bag of 0.4's before sunday or just go full crazy and use the bag of 0.43's I've got sat about not doing anything.

Should hopefully have 4 PTS EPM1 mags turning up tomorrow. Went halves with my mate. £100 for 4 at Patrol Base is decent. Fortunately I won an Odin Sidewinder speedloader from Lucky Pew a few weeks ago so I'll be able to fill them properly as well. Just hope they feed OK as I've read mixed reviews.

My mates coming round Saturday night for some help setting up his new MTW and to get some Halo screen put on his brown KMCS.

Roll on sunday!!

• 2 weeks later...

oooohhhh look at me with my shiney new PTS EPM1 mags!!

Division_22_15-8-21-214.thumb.jpg.a6670e5e0d9fa2143ee0b88cc92a5de0.jpg

Had an absolutely brilliant time at Division 22 last Sunday! New mags fed perfectly! 

My mate ran his new MTW as a DMR, together we were a bit of a pain in the arse for the other team, I just wish my mate would wear his bloody comms!!

I stuck to running 0.32's and was seeing some decent range, my mate was running 0.36's @ 330ish FPS (450FPS on 0.2's) and they were absolutely flying, the grin on his face in the safe zone was huge!!

Yes, there was a photographer there.

Yes, I bought a few photo's.

What do you put your tank in when playing? Am new to hpa, don't really k ow what am doing. Managed to change the fire mode but don't understand dwell🙄 gun fires OK so don't think it will need changing, but also not had a game yet. Playing at alpha55 on the 5th. Any help or advice is appreciated 

1 hour ago, eddie-biggs said:

What do you put your tank in when playing? Am new to hpa, don't really k ow what am doing. Managed to change the fire mode but don't understand dwell🙄 gun fires OK so don't think it will need changing, but also not had a game yet. Playing at alpha55 on the 5th. Any help or advice is appreciated 

Hello,

My tank lives in a Viper VX Buckle up charger pack which is connected to a Viper buckle up utility rig. You have to unzip the expansion zip on the bottom but it just fits in. I suppose because it's a tight fit, it dosn't flop about when running, which i do a fair bit.

I've got the same back pack attached to a plate carrier when im not being one with the bush.

With regards to dwell, to put it as simply as possible....

Dwell controlls the amount of air dispelled with each trigger pull. You want to set your MTW up to use just enough air. Too little and your FPS will be all over the shop and too much, you'll be using more air than neccecary. 

To set this up:

MAX your dwell setting

Adjust your regulator to your desired FPS

Start lowering your dwell setting one step at a time and fire a few shots through your chrono (I hope you have a chrono)

You'll want to keep dropping the dwell in this way until you see your FPS drop, then up your dwell a couple of presses until your at your desired FPS again.

Top tip, Disconnect your FCU and re-route it through the QD point above the rear of the grip. This means you can adjust the dwell without having to split the gun apart everytime you need to change it.

I hope I've explained it well enough.

Fortunately, Wolverine / Rich Lort have put a tremendous amount of effort into making Youtube videos that explain all the different settings in great detail. So if what I have said isn't easy enough to follow, then have a gander there. I've watched all of their tech tip videos god knows how many times. There is also a facebook group that Rich Lort actively responds to people on as well. You've bought a great toy gun with great after sales help!!

All the best!!

To answer a few questions above.

ZCI Barrel and Maple leaf rubber...  I don't think I gain any further range (which is quite far already) but I did notice an improvement in shot displacement at range.  Running as DMR on 0.4's....  MTW was a laser the the week...taking mofo's out at long range..and them not being able to hit back at me. 

I run my HPA tank in a variety of setups..

Pic 1 - Single shoulder type bag, which runs diagonally across my back, allows me to carry extra stuff...I'm running chest rig with extra mag bandolier here (Running light)231519928_10158371675379142_5606384298394560070_n.thumb.jpg.64facf0f29acdabbca9e55285b05d139.jpg

Pic 2 - Plate carrier, with Camelback type carrier molle onto the plate carrier..only room for the HPA bottle really.

178936572_10158163096139142_7032924875782040159_n.thumb.jpg.6bba5d9dd8899cf45f95c61376c42047.jpg

Pic 3 - Can't see it, but running just a camelback water holder, with the HPA bottle inside it...drum mag holds about 2000bb's...I use this for really light loadout!

20210709_213141.thumb.jpg.1201edcc90ba3df1043bfe90d2f3d275.jpg

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.