Multiple Issues Mp5 Related

Roscoc

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello,

This will be my first post as I am looking for a bit of assistance.. So I used to airsoft about 6 years ago.. I had a G&G M4.. long story short I ended up swapping someone who I feel shafted me and ultimately stopped.

So.. I swapped for a  full metal mp5 blow back AEG. I presume its a CYMA as I cant recall the box it got delivered in as it was pretty trash anyway... I have long lost the forum I used to go and refer to.

I have a few issues, one was a gearbox cycling issue where the gearbox motor wasn't connecting to the actual gearbox... this was sent back to the guy then "repaired" from some shop showing proof of the gearbox actually cycling... FINE that's acceptable.

It was returned to me then when I got it back I built the gun back up and the blowback stopped kind of working... possibly me rebuilding it up but its not that hard?  my actual thought was the gearbox was switched out causing the blowback to not properly work? - the blow back does work but its like half open and when cycled its opening and closing the half... If I build the gun with the metal closure bit closed the way its meant to look the blowback doesn't work at all.

My other issue was that the gun wouldn't select a fire mode... you would select full then it would slip out of fire mode causing the gun to do nothing then you would have to wiggle the selector to get it to work so I would stand like a moron and end up being shot or step off the match to try fix. I did inspect it and think the body of where the gun selects is screwed? I don't know if this is the selector module thing that could be causing this? does anyone know where would I find either a new body for my gun to try eliminate the body issue or a new selector for the gun?

This is ultimately which disheartened me from airsoft and completely stopped for this length of time as the M4 I had and loved was gone and now I am stuck with a sh*t box that doesn't do squat and I want to fix this issue.

I'm looking to redeem the gun back in shooting condition to go back and start all over (when it comes possible)

Should anyone request pictures of any part's I can do so, the only reason I haven't put any pictures up is because I wouldn't know where to start.

Some one please help :( 

29 minutes ago, Roscoc said:

Hello,

This will be my first post as I am looking for a bit of assistance.. So I used to airsoft about 6 years ago.. I had a G&G M4.. long story short I ended up swapping someone who I feel shafted me and ultimately stopped.

So.. I swapped for a  full metal mp5 blow back AEG. I presume its a CYMA as I cant recall the box it got delivered in as it was pretty trash anyway... I have long lost the forum I used to go and refer to.

I have a few issues, one was a gearbox cycling issue where the gearbox motor wasn't connecting to the actual gearbox... this was sent back to the guy then "repaired" from some shop showing proof of the gearbox actually cycling... FINE that's acceptable.

It was returned to me then when I got it back I built the gun back up and the blowback stopped kind of working... possibly me rebuilding it up but its not that hard?  my actual thought was the gearbox was switched out causing the blowback to not properly work? - the blow back does work but its like half open and when cycled its opening and closing the half... If I build the gun with the metal closure bit closed the way its meant to look the blowback doesn't work at all.

My other issue was that the gun wouldn't select a fire mode... you would select full then it would slip out of fire mode causing the gun to do nothing then you would have to wiggle the selector to get it to work so I would stand like a moron and end up being shot or step off the match to try fix. I did inspect it and think the body of where the gun selects is screwed? I don't know if this is the selector module thing that could be causing this? does anyone know where would I find either a new body for my gun to try eliminate the body issue or a new selector for the gun?

This is ultimately which disheartened me from airsoft and completely stopped for this length of time as the M4 I had and loved was gone and now I am stuck with a sh*t box that doesn't do squat and I want to fix this issue.

I'm looking to redeem the gun back in shooting condition to go back and start all over (when it comes possible)

Should anyone request pictures of any part's I can do so, the only reason I haven't put any pictures up is because I wouldn't know where to start.

Some one please help :( 

Sorry to hear your gun probs.

Someone on here will,I'm sure,try to help but a part of me thinks why bother with,as you say,a shitbox? Chuck it in bin,forget about it and get a nice m4 style gat.You know you want to😉👍

Regards 

When the gun worked for the brief moment it did... it was really good and felt good.

So if I get it working again then ill be happy.. the m4 build idea is very appealing a lot of project build parts for sale which does peak my interest.

Get it to a tech. 

It could be many things, it could be one thing. 

Go for Negative Airsoft and if it's cursed enough, it might even make onto Youtube for us all to wince at.

6 hours ago, Roscoc said:

haha! funnily I was watching negative and thought well reckon my gun could make that!

don't know how id get in contact though lol

He's battling COVID atm, so drop an e-mail and just bear with him. Believe the one on that thread is the old e-mail address and new one is: [email protected]

I've used Luke several times and would definitely recommend his services but only if you're patient. He's usually very busy, so your gun goes in to the queue. When your turn comes around though, he's an excellent communicator, calling, sending whatsapp VM's and videos at every stage.

You might be better off cutting your losses, selling what you have, and buying something new.

It's all well an good if you have a higher-end gun to fix up. But if it's a Cyma, well, they are not that expensive brand new (~£150 from a UK retailer). You could end up sinking an awful lot of money in parts and labour with a Tech.

You could probably get £50 for it as a boneyard gun to offset some of the cost of buying something new. There are some great guns for around £90-£150 to get you started again.

Stripped it back and re-assembled it.... dont want to let it go to the boneyard just yet lol.

Threw out old batteries as they were dead.. so dont have anything to test it with ha.

20210114_161242.jpg

Oh that is one ugly gun :P

Hey! Its lovely🤭🤭

It's his baby and giving him lots of sleepless nights but he loves it.

That's right ain't it @Roscoc?

Regards 

👍

If it has blowback I don't think it's a Cyma. Also to my knowledge, Cyma doesn't make metal MP5s.

G&G makes blowblack MP5s and they are shit.

If I'm right and the thing is G&G, the blowback is pneumatic, not mechanical:

this means that there is a small port in the cylinder where some of the air is pushed into a small chamber on top of the gearbox, that chamber has a small piston (spring loaded I believe) that gets pushed backwards by the incoming air, cycling the fake bolt.

Maybe when reassembling you (or the twat) didn't align the hole in the cylinder with the useless blowback thing.

If you would be kind enough to send us pictures of the gearbox, we can confirm/deny my theory.

I'd return it or sell as broken and use those monies to fund a better gun.

Doesn't have to be fancy, a Cyma (a real Cyma, not a G&G POS) would suffice :)

• Mostly Retired Moderators
22 minutes ago, Skara said:

Also to my knowledge, Cyma doesn't make metal MP5s.

The CM.041 MP5s are all metal (apart from the plastic bits obviously).

Reputedly very well made and solid. Been after one for a while now, but all UK shops are pretty much out of stock now because of brexit... Yaaaay.

2 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Reputedly very well made and solid. Been after one for a while now, but all UK shops are pretty much out of stock now because of brexit... Yaaaay.

Yeh. I keep looking at the SD6 Blue Edition, but I've heard a couple of stories about the sliding stock shearing off/breaking - it seems they used aluminum/pot metal for the stock rails.

Not heard anything bad about the Solid/UMP-stocked versions though.

1 hour ago, L3wisD said:

I was under the impression that a number of them were EOL.
I really wanted the Mp5K PDW ( the one with the stock ) but it appears to be out of stock pretty much worldwide. 

Ended up with a Galaxy version, which to be fair is REALLY good. Just plastic body, being a TM Clone. 

All the upgrade parts have arrived and video of the upgrades to follow. 

• Supporters
18 hours ago, Skara said:

If it has blowback I don't think it's a Cyma. Also to my knowledge, Cyma doesn't make metal MP5s.

G&G makes blowblack MP5s and they are shit.

If I'm right and the thing is G&G, the blowback is pneumatic, not mechanical:

this means that there is a small port in the cylinder where some of the air is pushed into a small chamber on top of the gearbox, that chamber has a small piston (spring loaded I believe) that gets pushed backwards by the incoming air, cycling the fake bolt.

Maybe when reassembling you (or the twat) didn't align the hole in the cylinder with the useless blowback thing.

If you would be kind enough to send us pictures of the gearbox, we can confirm/deny my theory.

I'd return it or sell as broken and use those monies to fund a better gun.

Doesn't have to be fancy, a Cyma (a real Cyma, not a G&G POS) would suffice :)

I was thinking the same.

Im quite firmiliar with the G&G TGM series of guns and this seemed like their Pneumatic Blowback ones.

The ones with the weakened gearbox for the blowback to work.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.