Want to but a R.I.F No UKARA

Yordy

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hello i'm just wondier how this works as i'm still knew to all this. my brother has been doing airsofting for a while now and him and i started talking about it in march (Start of lockdown) and i said that i wouldn play some game with him when we can he has got a UKARA and i do not as i havent been able to play any games cause of lockdown. i live in northern ireland and i'm just wondering/worried how wouold it work postage wise? as i dont want it to get taken off me at customs or whatever and have the police knocking aty my door and i dont want to get the person that i had bought it off in troible ether.  i know that i can just play the three games and get my UKARA  boughyt at this rate god knows when lockdown will get lifted over here aand be able to play some games. and i know thaty i can buy two tones off websites but that's just more money being spent as to here getting R.I.Fs sliughtly cheaper., 

You need a Defense in law to own a rif. Ukara is amongst these but there are more. There should be a few posts that explain this on here but also check the government website on rifs as this is fairly clear on the Defense’s you can use. 

Hard to read your post but from what I understand your brother has UKARA right?

If so then he can buy a RIF and gift it to you.  (Technically you can't give him money for it because then it would be a sale which is not allowed)

You will be able to use it at any game.

Simple as that

28 minutes ago, EDcase said:

Hard to read your post but from what I understand your brother has UKARA right?

If so then he can buy a RIF and gift it to you.  Technically you can't give him money for it because then it would be a sale which is not allowed.

Simple as that

Yep as @EDcasesays your brother can buy you one as a gift.

Maybe you could pay him back by cleaning his boots or something😉

Just keep it in back garden though👍

Regards 

Long story short, your Brother can legally gift it to you. Just keep it out of public sight and you should be fine. An airsoft site wouldn't ordinarily ask if you "have a UKARA for that"

I understand money is an issue but I would actually recommend a two-tone gun if you are brand new to airsoft. The reasoning being that it will probably be a fairly cheap and cheerful model but it will still give you the chance to practice some of the basics such as shot placement, reloads, field stripping and maintenance. That way come end of lockdown you will be pretty damn efficient with airsoft guns and have more than a basic knowledge, this will not only help out in playing airsoft games but will also allow you to make an informed decision on what RIF to purchase later on 😊 . The worst idea would be to rush to purchase an RIF that looks cool but then turns out to be a pile of shi*e, so you will probably save a bit of money!

The great thing with two tone guns is that when you do have your UKARA (any valid defence) you can modify it and make it a RIF! This then opens up the modification side of airsoft where you can really make the gun your own, I did this with my own two tone gun back in the day when I got my UKARA and it looks a hell of a lot better than the stock black version you usually can buy!

Failing all that, have a good chat with your brother about what RIF is decent to buy and have a look online and he can always buy it as a gift for you. However, I wouldn't approach a shop to buy a RIF and hope they don't ask for a defence because you are then asking them to break the law and that isn't really fair.

Hope this helps and good luck! 😊

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.