Overkill?

DaktariT

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

That boy is a fool.  If your aim in attending any sort of game is 'upsetting people' by acting like a dick you need to either

1) grow up 

2) hope someone changes your nappy and puts you in a better mood.  

That man is about as welcome at an airsoft site as a leaky bucket of AIDS.

21 hours ago, strykerles said:

total cockwomble full auto at those ranges

Wait, there’s no relationship between distance and full auto. I would say full auto works best at close distance, simply because it’s more fun*

* Your experience may vary depending on the joule output :D

22 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

Wait, there’s no relationship between distance and full auto. I would say full auto works best at close distance, simply because it’s more fun*

All of us are aware that we're going to receive a surplus of hits sometimes but not at the level he delivered. By the way being the person on the recieving end of your idea of fun isn't fun.

• Supporters
12 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

* Your experience may vary depending on the joule output :D

not sure i'm reading the point you're trying to make, are you saying that auto is most effective at at short range, or that auto is equally aggravating regardless of distance?

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

not sure i'm reading the point you're trying to make, are you saying that auto is most effective at at short range, or that auto is equally aggravating regardless of distance?

Saying that at least from my perspective playing a cqb on full auto (with appropriate low FPS) is more fun and engaging to everybody. I usually play a DMR or sniper at long distances as I don’t like spraying from far away in hoping to get a hit.  Not everybody agrees I know, that’s why there are so few cqb games that allow FA. The whole idea of a SMG is to run full auto at close distance, isn’t it?

26 minutes ago, TheFull9 said:

Yeah a real SMG with low power rounds in a situation where you really need to kill the guy fast because he's bloody close.  1 bb = dead at any range from any type of RIF.

I believe that depends on the level of immersion you expect from the game. Have you seen speedsoft battles? After one game you look like a smallpox patient. I see no point in using SMGs unless it’s full auto game. Shooting single with a mac11 is just boring.

• Supporters
48 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

Have you seen speedsoft battles? After one game you look like a smallpox patient. 

Think it’s safe to say most ‘run of the mill’ airsofters would probably wish it WAS smallpox .

just saying . 

• Supporters
2 hours ago, jsmithski said:

Saying that at least from my perspective playing a cqb on full auto (with appropriate low FPS) is more fun and engaging to everybody. I usually play a DMR or sniper at long distances as I don’t like spraying from far away in hoping to get a hit.  Not everybody agrees I know, that’s why there are so few cqb games that allow FA. The whole idea of a SMG is to run full auto at close distance, isn’t it?

Ahh yes, i can see what you mean now.

It's an interesting one, i kind of agree that being hosed with an 0.5j gun is preferable to say 3 or 4 spammed semi shots from a much more powerful gat all things being equal.

As a rule for say milsims for caliber appropriate guns maybe, but for general skirmishing it's easier to just limit to semi.

I wish more people were owning Gbbrs and we could allow full auto on every game, as you really pick the right moment with a 20-30 rounder on a gbbr. When full auto kicks in on a gbb gun even the guy that gets hit is smiling... at least that’s what I like to picture every time ;)

• Supporters
19 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Ahh yes, i can see what you mean now.

It's an interesting one, i kind of agree that being hosed with an 0.5j gun is preferable to say 3 or 4 spammed semi shots from a much more powerful gat all things being equal.

As a rule for say milsims for caliber appropriate guns maybe, but for general skirmishing it's easier to just limit to semi.

Totally agree with all your points here only problem i can see is the human factor , we ALL know there’s players who’d quite happily abuse this and take the piss with there FPS , basically just like they do with every other thing to do with the sport that could be abused by an unscrupulous player ?

• Supporters
11 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Totally agree with all your points here only problem i can see is the human factor , we ALL know there’s players who’d quite happily abuse this and take the piss with there FPS , basically just like they do with every other thing to do with the sport that could be abused by an unscrupulous player ?

Yep, thats why the semi rule is still useful.

I mean even with that you get the right setup you can spam faster than a lot of guns can even fire.

I do wonder if rps limits as well as fps limits might be worth implementation, let folks run auto indoors but cap the rate of fire to something sensible.

9 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I do wonder if rps limits as well as fps limits might be worth implementation, let folks run auto indoors but cap the rate of fire to something sensible.

Exactly. Who needs >30rps? Why do we allow hair triggers on semi?

• Supporters
41 minutes ago, jsmithski said:

Exactly. Who needs >30rps? Why do we allow hair triggers on semi?

Hair triggers are one thing, but those multi-finger ones are what i was thinking of.

Very high rps has some limited utility, particularly fleeting targets and drilling through dense hedges, but not really enough to justify the issues that even the shortest of trigger presses is sending half a dozen rounds downrange.

• Supporters

Bit of a cunt

it is all a bit of a shame

it is a clickbait video

bit of sponsorship perhaps...

https://www.switairsoft.com/product-page/kwa-m11a1

links to his channel/games

at times he plays well has to put up with others not calling hits etc...

(in longer clip - but marshal says he would of hosed them, yeah but there are degrees of hosing)

but then he creates a much shorter clip to trigger the haters

but still gets the clicks on YT

he could have made a better video to demonstrate the gun

but chose to make one that triggers people - thus increasing his clicks/views etc...

at times we have all done dick things - hand on heart

but to make video of it for clicks n stuff - well that is quite sad tbh

Can’t believe he can still hook people with his click bait. Why get so cross?

I don’t like being full auto blasted up close but it’s part of the game so I’m not going to bitch about it. 

if I get a .48 bounced off my noggin the first annoyed thought is probably owww you f****r, followed quickly by a grudging respect for the shot as my initial response fades.

(I actually enjoy the content in his videos and struggle to see what the problem is)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.