Very Confused About Mp5 Rail and It's Not Fitting.

Groot

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hello, 

Really confused as to whether I have ordered the wrong mount or if it just something I have to mod.

The MP5 has this raised part over the rear mount point.

5484E7D7-A35F-4460-8C10-8BE4933624F8.jpeg

3AE07C18-EE15-4284-984D-2578F557D946.jpeg

I has to be there to help you align a mount. Makes sense so far. As you can see with the rail on backwards, it works fine. 

F0C8F333-7FCA-49D2-8F2C-EBDB76B3FFC4.jpeg

FAE4E287-DD04-4C54-816A-9F48CCC2E4D5.jpeg

This is the rail. It seems pretty generic and lots of sites have them. Most look to be from the same mold/design. 

56875A3E-75A6-48B0-91F0-1913B0C121C1.jpeg

But as you can see. When they flip the bastard over. There is no recess to allow for the back of the raised part on the gun to fit into.
Net result is that it will not fit or fit at a slope. Which is kinda pointless unless you are making REALLY long ranged shots and need the elevation. ;)

63A7207F-056D-455B-86E8-C0F662362106.jpeg

C829CF11-B3FC-4934-BF81-0653802600D4.jpeg

So is it common knowledge that I have to mod either the MP5 or Rail to make it fit?
Is the rail just a lie and never ever going to be for an MP5
Is it just the wrong rail?

Cheers

Groot

• Supporters

The bit sticking up on the top of the receiver is a recoil stop block. It's purpose is to stop the sight mount slipping under recoil so yes it is (more or less) to help you align your scope mount. I think the problem here is with what you think is the front of the mount is actually the back. The extension part is the front.

Thanks both for your replies.

I argue that it is in fact back to front. Since with it mounted there, the cocking handle is obstructed. 
This stops me fully pulling the bolt back into position and then properly giving it a H&K Slap.

This is essential in my day to day pew pew airsoft and Under Siege dreams. ( God that was a good cake )

This is how most photos of the rail are shown and what I wanted, expected.. No ... Needed... 

MFI Special Scope Mount for HK MP5K to have greater space between the  Over-Mold Cocking handle and the end of the rail. Also fits all HK MP5  Variants including HK SP5 &

Ah... Good times ( NSFW - CONTAINS CAKE and BOOBIES ) 

• Supporters
24 minutes ago, Groot said:

Thanks both for your replies.

I argue that it is in fact back to front. Since with it mounted there, the cocking handle is obstructed. 
This stops me fully pulling the bolt back into position and then properly giving it a H&K Slap.

This is essential in my day to day pew pew airsoft and Under Siege dreams. ( God that was a good cake )

This is how most photos of the rail are shown and what I wanted, expected.. No ... Needed... 

MFI Special Scope Mount for HK MP5K to have greater space between the  Over-Mold Cocking handle and the end of the rail. Also fits all HK MP5  Variants including HK SP5 &

Ah... Good times ( NSFW - CONTAINS CAKE and BOOBIES ) 

In that case, you've bought the wrong kind of rail. A lot of airsoft retailers sell them as MP5/G3 rails. They work on the G3 as the recoil stop is right at the back of the upper, just in front of the rear sight (well clear of the charging handle). The rail you've posted here is very much not the same as the rail you've bought!

15 minutes ago, Keithlag said:

Already ordered earlier. Cheers :)

Ah yeah!

54422e4a-7ae4-4679-9261-f714a2f492bf.jpg

Interestingly. I do not like the Eotech as an option in this situation.
It is a real Eotech but i feel the dot sits too high for my natural positioning on this platform. 

I had a similar problem with my G3 trying to get a mount to fit properly

i had to try a few from different retailers to get one that would fit properly. 
as has been said, they list them as suitable for Mp5/G3 but they do have some slight dimension differences

Eotech looks good on your pew 👍

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.