Bad Form or Not ?

Druid799

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters

Question ; I’m looking in to acquiring another gatt (why I hear you cry ! not as if I can play anywhere ?yes I know but haven’t bought a gun in ages ! 😇) so seen a couple of interesting ones on the forums , I messaged the seller on here (nice quick reply , thank you good sir) and I messaged one on Zero-mong , now the one on the mong I accidentally messaged a potential buyer(teach me to pay attention to names !) who’d chucked a very low ball offer to the seller . SO the potential buyer comes back to me with “hi I’m actually buying it and it’s sold.” I think oh well aren’t I a right bonehead ! Not 10mins later I get a message from the seller say he hadn’t received my PM (I posted in the thread “PM sent”) so I was rather confused by this , messaged him and he comes back to me with the other guy hadn’t bought it as the seller rejected his low ball and was still waiting for a higher offer !

So as I asked at the top Is this bad form or not ? me personally I’d say yes , my reasoning is he hadn’t sealed the deal so it was still fair game and up to the seller to decide not him , all he had to say was “I’m actually a buyer and am in negotiations for it” and as I do like to think I’ve got a good name for fair play I’d have left it at that as he’d got there first . I know I’m very old fashioned about a lot of things but me I say yup that was a dick move . 

Yes it was a dick move on the other buyers part. He knew his low offer had been rejected and was trying to stop someone else buying it. Probably hoping the seller would eventually accept his crap offer. I'd be tempted to buy it just to piss him off

The other buyer was trying to scupper it for you so bad form from this person. However it’s down to the seller to accept offers and if the other guy gave a low ball offer then get in there, it’s not like he had accepted the first offer and you gazumped him. 

• Supporters

Definitely a shitty ploy by the lo-baller, he deserves whatever happens to him, so to speak.

Two questions though:

1. Who was the lo-baller, I ask as there's one guy in particular over there that continually makes public low offers ?

2. What gun was it ?, not another ak mate 😏

7 hours ago, Tackle said:

What gun was it ?, not another ak mate 

You say that as if it's a bad thing. To paraphrase Sean Bean, one cannot not simply have too many AKs

Those who make ridiculously low offers should be shot.

Nothing wrong in bartering the price of something, after all it's half the fun of buying/selling 2nd hand, but deliberately going for what's essentially robbery, meh.

• Supporters
12 hours ago, Tackle said:

What gun was it ?, not another ak mate 

😇🤔😇

• 2 weeks later...

I think trying to scare off opposition with a DM is pretty shady behaviour. 

That said gazzumping someone for if they have offered the asking price/close to it (not that it sounds like this bloke did) because you have got limitless funds/a wife that doesn’t ask questions every time you buy something new etc is equally a c*nt’s trick. 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, osteoshot said:

I always felt with gazumping the honouring of the deal lies with the seller.

Most definitely, can't fault a player for being desperate for a bit of kit, we've all been there lol, but the seller is the greedy cnut if he knowingly entertains it.

18 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Most definitely, can't fault a player for being desperate for a bit of kit, we've all been there lol, but the seller is the greedy cnut if he knowingly entertains it.

Yeah agreed.

I'm always desperate for a bit! 🤭Regards

• Supporters
18 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Yup, me too

even if I don’t need it 😂

Lol, we're like 7 year olds when it comes to kit, you can almost hear us in a child like voice trying to justify it to the other half (or even ourselves) "but I really really neeeeed it" 

& Then you skirmish with it for the first time, only to realise you wish you hadn't wasted your money on this pos 🤣

• Supporters
17 hours ago, Tackle said:

Very true but to be fair to the seller he wasn’t best impressed when I told him what the other guy had pulled , his reply was “I’ve set the price who ever’s nearest to it get it” , basically what I’ve always said and done . If I’m selling something it’s not first contact that gets it it’s the nearest to what I want for said shiny shiny things I sell too ! 

• Supporters
8 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Very true but to be fair to the seller he wasn’t best impressed when I told him what the other guy had pulled , his reply was “I’ve set the price who ever’s nearest to it get it” , basically what I’ve always said and done . If I’m selling something it’s not first contact that gets it it’s the nearest to what I want for said shiny shiny things I sell too ! 

What if a member contacts you, makes an acceptable offer, on the understanding he doesn't get paid for a week, he's got a good rep so you agree.

But then two days later a noob member messages you, he's got the full asking price in his pocket & can pay immediately, what do you do ?

Personally mate, having "spoken" to you frequently, I know your old skool, a gentleman & a scallop, & don't believe you'd be as mercenary as your last post would have us believe 😁

But I do get why you were pissed at they guy that told porkies, that's just a sneaky cnut with no manners or moral compass, deserves to get his genitallia hosed with a hot gun every time he plays lol😭

• Supporters
5 hours ago, Tackle said:

What if a member contacts you, makes an acceptable offer, on the understanding he doesn't get paid for a week, he's got a good rep so you agree.

But then two days later a noob member messages you, he's got the full asking price in his pocket & can pay immediately, what do you do ?

Personally mate, having "spoken" to you frequently, I know your old skool, a gentleman & a scallop, & don't believe you'd be as mercenary as your last post would have us believe 😁

But I do get why you were pissed at they guy that told porkies, that's just a sneaky cnut with no manners or moral compass, deserves to get his genitallia hosed with a hot gun every time he plays lol😭

Yea I would hold for someone I trust (so your shitouta luck ya fecker ! 😉) just as long as there not taking the urine with there offer BUT if it’s Unknown’s and there low balling or taking there time coming back with an acceptable offer Then I’ll tell them there’s others offering and I’m going to accept the highest offer .

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.