Soo. Aliexpress. Yea, I Should've Listened.

RonLancs

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

As per the above, I ordered an item (m4 clone red dot) about 2 weeks ago and still not received a valid tracking number. I can feel this 27£ slowly slipping out of my white knuckle tight Lancashirian fist. I just wanted to let everyone know not to use WIPSON Outdoor Store as a seller. I took a chance and I fear I will feel the sting. 

No, Wipson are fine. The trouble is Covid and Brexit at the moment. Expect to wait at least another two weeks for tracking, then two more months for delivery.

Huge backlogs in Chinese outgoing customs/shipping due to Covid, don’t expect good updates unless you speak mandarin (not just a translation page). Lots of vendors have decided not to ship yet as so much is going missing, but not telling customers that's what they are doing.

On the plus side, Ali is a massive business, and it’s very rare for both goods AND cash to go missing.

And then, it will take an extra two weeks to get through UK customs due to Brexit

The only time I ordered from aliexpress (€16 Geissele MK8 plastic fantastic clone) I didn't get any tracking number, only a "seller has shipped item" message.

It did come within 2 weeks of ordering tho 😮 which is impressive for my shit 3rd world tier national postal service 😮

4 minutes ago, rocketdogbert said:

No, Wipson are fine. The trouble is Covid and Brexit at the moment. Expect to wait at least another two weeks for tracking, then two more months for delivery.

Huge backlogs in Chinese outgoing customs/shipping due to Covid, don’t expect good updates unless you speak mandarin (not just a translation page). Lots of vendors have decided not to ship yet as so much is going missing, but not telling customers that's what they are doing.

On the plus side, Ali is a massive business, and it’s very rare for both goods AND cash to go missing.

And then, it will take an extra two weeks to get through US customs

Urgh. I don't mind the waiting at all. It's the lack of communication that gets me. Even if it is in mandarin it'd be nice, instead someone who doesn't even represent the seller has had to explain for them and "fight" their corner. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RonLancs said:

As per the above, I ordered an item (m4 clone red dot) about 2 weeks ago and still not received a valid tracking number. I can feel this 27£ slowly slipping out of my white knuckle tight Lancashirian fist. I just wanted to let everyone know not to use WIPSON Outdoor Store as a seller. I took a chance and I fear I will feel the sting. 

I've ordered from AliExpress many times and a good few times from Wipson. They're fine but very few sellers on there are particularly good at comms. One of my most recent purchases sat as "waiting to send" for a good three weeks but is now on its way so it's nothing unusual. It's usually down to them waiting to bulk ship their orders.

I feel much better now that you guys have chipped in. I've always been cautions to trust AliExpress (first order) but if you guys say WIPSON are good people then I'll start twiddling now. 

• Supporters
6 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

Super busy time for them at the moment, I imagine there was a rush of orders before Jan 1st to avoid the extra 20%.  

by the time dust settles - then you'll have Chinese New Year in Feb :P

ps - cheers Pete, hop unit & bits, nubs & Cut Off Levers arrived Sunday

should see alright for a while

46 minutes ago, Sitting Duck said:

by the time dust settles - then you'll have Chinese New Year in Feb :P

haha yep, every single Chinese supplier I deal with sends me messages over Xmas saying if you want anything now you best make order otherwise could be end of Feb till they ship anything out.

2 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

haha yep, every single Chinese supplier I deal with sends me messages over Xmas saying if you want anything now you best make order otherwise could be end of Feb till they ship anything out.

I've asked them to cancel it but apparently its already shipped which I seriously doubt - (no evidence of this) 

Just now, RonLancs said:

I've asked them to cancel it but apparently its already shipped which I seriously doubt - (no evidence of this) 

I wouldn't worry about it too much Ron, just sit back, relax and wait for it to drop.  You'll forget all about it and then it will arrive and will be a nice little surprise haha.  In all honestly Aliexpress on the whole is pretty good for refunds and disputes.  Disputes do take a while till you can active.  I've got one on the go at the moment, small item ordered on the 29th Oct, no show, tomorrow I can dispute, so 10 weeks in total...

4 minutes ago, ak2m4 said:

I wouldn't worry about it too much Ron, just sit back, relax and wait for it to drop.  You'll forget all about it and then it will arrive and will be a nice little surprise haha.  In all honestly Aliexpress on the whole is pretty good for refunds and disputes.  Disputes do take a while till you can active.  I've got one on the go at the moment, small item ordered on the 29th Oct, no show, tomorrow I can dispute, so 10 weeks in total...

Aye, I guess I'm too used to Western Customer Service. I'll tear open this 1kg bag of jerky and sit back. 

• Supporters

While not Airsoft related, I've been "discussing" shipping a large item with an Ali vendor, it's taken 3 weeks to get 3 replies & I'm still no closer to actually paying for it.

I'm guessing nothing happens quickly on Ali in general, & right now we're in the middle of a "perfect storm", so screwed for the foreseeable future lol

I have ordered loads from Ali express and had zero problems. Even with things not arriving or they being faulty. 

If its faulty, they have a UK based handling centre to return. 
If it doesn't arrive and the seller is a dick, Ali express with refund it. 
The seller doesn't get the funds released until you have accepted the product. So it really is in the sellers interests to not try and defraud you. 

Wait till it hits the expected due date and if it hasnt arrive then, start down the claims route. Its really quick.

Funnily enough, as i write this. A mount has just popped through my letter box from Ali :)

Shipping times are all over the place atm. I've ordered a fair few bits over the past few months. Some have arrived in 10days, others in 25days. 

patience!  sling mount arrived today that hasn't had a shipping update since the 21st of December! 

would recommend Vector Optics on there as well! very tidy 

Just give it a few more weeks, Ali are pretty great at refund imo, I even received a free mk18 rail when I tried to return it for being the wrong length. best thing to do is wait it out. 

• Supporters

Agree completely with all the above comments , Christ well over half the ‘Reputable’ airsoft dealers from China are absolutely shite at comms ! So yup just clench dem cheeks and wait ! 👍😉

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

Agree completely with all the above comments , Christ well over half the ‘Reputable’ airsoft dealers from China are absolutely shite at comms ! So yup just clench dem cheeks and wait ! 👍😉

Cheeks clenched however they’ve refunded the amount!! Gonna get one off Amazon.. 

• Supporters
1 hour ago, RonLancs said:

Cheeks clenched however they’ve refunded the amount!! Gonna get one off Amazon.. 

I’d say hang fire getting one from ‘Jeff’s house of shite’ (not as if you can play anywhere?) give it a couple of weeks and a Buckshee one may turn up ? 😉

2 hours ago, Druid799 said:

I’d say hang fire getting one from ‘Jeff’s house of shite’ (not as if you can play anywhere?) give it a couple of weeks and a Buckshee one may turn up ? 😉

Buckshee not heard that in a while haha aye I’ll hold out 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.