Back in the Game....

SammieSurrey

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hey folks. I’m Sammie from Surrey (hence the clever name) and I’m new here. Well, sort of... 

I first got the Airsoft bug when I was a kid. I dunno what it was but, I’m pretty sure I love the exercise, the adrenaline and the whole atmosphere of a full on day of kicking butt and taking names. (or maybe I just liked getting muddy at Ambush Chobham... who knows) I’d played since being at school, getting more and more into it as I hit my twenties. I loved those days of playing every weekend, rain, sun, sleet or snow. 

Sadly though, as with many things, I had to duck out. It’s been a long time since I had a chance to get out and enjoy a proper days skirmish or mil-sim. Between becoming a mum & some big changes in my life, building my own business and starting a non-profit support organisation, I was left with so little time to get out and enjoy it.

Now I’ve got everything under control again (honest) I really want to get back out and enjoying the sport I love. Problem is, the landscape seems to have changed a lot since I was last involved. The sites I grew up with seem to have gone and I don’t know anyone in the community anymore. 

So, I’m back here and looking for a fresh start (with a bit of experience behind me this time round) to try and get back in the game. It would be nice to reconnect with the community and find a few local places to get back to playing. Also, any excuse to buy new kit never goes amiss eh...

Anyway, that’s me. Excited to be back. Hope to see some of you as soon as this whole Covid thing has settled 

Sammie

x

Hi Sammie and welcome.

Good to have you aboard the ss airsoft kickass.

Its a well run ship,little rusty around its bottom but sound and the crew are always willing to assist with your baggage.lol.

Ok,ok enough now.

Not best of times to make a new start but hopefully it wont last long.

Enjoy looking round the forum and ask questions or seek advise(not from me though) 

🙂🤭

Regards 

Hey Sammie! Welcome back to the madness! I've only just got into airsoft too, but first time round for me lol... bought my first gun just over a year ago and now have a small arsenal 🤣.

Just been out at a local site down here in Devon over the last year, but hopefully Boris will tell us we can "go out to play" again soon, and quite fancy trying to get to a few different sites around the country... do a little "Airsoft Tour" of the UK! 

As for excuses to buy guns and stuff, obviously I wouldn't encourage that kinda behaviour (😉🤣), but if the urge grabs ya and you "need" a gun or some kit, my little arsenal is in need of new homes! Gonna try and learn to do all the techy stuff and build my very first gun, but apparently you need this thing called "money", hence having to clear my current stuff (well....not all of it but a considerable portion!).

Good luck with everything!

Shak

Thanks @MadShak I’m on the lookout for a new M4 variant, to save me a whole load of disappointment with the (very) old kit. Will have to let me know what you’ve got on the DMs sometime

Will check it out @ShamalThanks for the warm welcome 😊

Roger that, will do! (If I can figure out DM on this thing...very new to the site still! I'll give it a shot though - no pun intended, of course 🤣🤣).

Hi @SammieSurrey! 👋

Welcome to the forum, full of like minded people! 🤪

Good luck getting back into it when it’s safe! 🤞

My next door neighbour, I’m based in Berkshire! 
You haven’t played for a while, but you don’t forget how to! 🔫😎👍

@Shamal thanks for the shoutout! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Thanks @GAMBLE

You’re totally right. You never forget how to make things happen. Heck, if I’m home alone, I still remember to check my corners 🤣

I’ve kept my hand in (or finger on the trigger I guess) through .22 target shooting, some garden plinking and so much CoD it’s left me hungry for the hunt. Hopefully this summer will give us all a chance to get out there and kick some butt

@SammieSurrey! 👋

I thought I was the only one checking my corners.... getting my CQB level up! 🔫😂👍

You have your own gear still!?.... 🤔

When’s it’s safe again, need to catch up on some games, new faces I planned on meeting, before Lockdown, again! 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

I never ditched the kit. Bits of it disappeared over the years but, I couldn’t bring myself to part with it. 

I know it’s not Airsoft but, I got a Umarex .177 CO2 MP5k PDW for Christmas and have a BSA Ultra SE .22 that have kept me on target as it were. (For some reason, I got some chakra cleansing singing bowls too. I think someone was trying to tell me something 🤣)

Truth is, loads of the old stuff will be knackered from being out of use but, I know my way around an AEG so, a bit of silicon and some new LiPo’s and I’ll be laughing (yeah right🤦‍♀️)

@SammieSurrey

Fair enough, at least you’ve got something familiar! 🔫😎👍

May need some TLC, at least you’ve got time to sort it out! 🤪

Until March.... depending!? 🤔🤞

Plus I’ll be the same with my kit, likely! 😂

💷GAMBLE💷

18 minutes ago, SammieSurrey said:

I never ditched the kit. Bits of it disappeared over the years but, I couldn’t bring myself to part with it. 

I know it’s not Airsoft but, I got a Umarex .177 CO2 MP5k PDW for Christmas and have a BSA Ultra SE .22 that have kept me on target as it were. (For some reason, I got some chakra cleansing singing bowls too. I think someone was trying to tell me something 🤣)

Truth is, loads of the old stuff will be knackered from being out of use but, I know my way around an AEG so, a bit of silicon and some new LiPo’s and I’ll be laughing (yeah right🤦‍♀️)

I've got a bsa ultra se. Great gun and with the suppressor it's just a whisper. Ideal for garden shooting.

Also got bsa goldstar .22. Old girl now but beautiful rifle. Won me many cups.

Regards 

The way I see it @EDcase, at least I’ve got time gear up, get my cardio up and get acquainted with the new landscape. It’s not about the waiting, it’s all about using the time 👍

I take the 5.11 philosophy #AlwaysBeReady

Guest Mr. No_Face

Welcome!  Picked a shitty time to return, kinda like myself. Although in my case I "threw away" 5 years of my life playing paintball, coming home with bloody welts and stained clothes before I finally made the transition to airsoft and then ...Covid. I've attended 2 games and none since. But as you mentioned it gives us all time to gear up and improve our conditioning so what the heck.

Here's to hoping this year allows us all to get out there on the field and kick some ass.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mostly Retired Moderators

Hi @SammieSurrey!

I know I'm late to the thread, but wanted to say hello as your story mirrors mine quite a bit

I'm also a Surrey native (Guildford 4 life!) - but now Berkshire based.

I used to go to Ambush Chobham loads in the early 2000s when it was still run by Charlie 'Guvnor'. Used to love that place and all it's boggy muddiness!

I think the on-site shop at the time was Airsoft Dynamics.. sky high prices if I remember correctly!

The golden years of being able to order non two-tone guns from DenTrinity and Redwolf. Simpler times.

Then I also took a break for around.. 10-11 years? Life sort of happened, met the missus had kids etc.

Came back to discover the VCRA/UKARA had happened, which was pants, but still got stuck into the game.

Became a regular at The Mall, Elite Action Games Dorking (also now sadly gone) and Gunman in Eversley and haven't looked back

If you can stomach the drive up the Hogs Back / M3 or M4/M25  I seriously recommend my two new haunts after Covid has done a runner.

Red Alert in Newbury for Woodland - https://redalertpaintball.co.uk/

and Z-Mart in Newbury for indoor CQBhttps://zedadventures.co.uk/locations/zedadventureszedevents-co-uk/ run by all the faces you'd recognise from the mall, except with me included now, you'll find me player marshalling there when they reopen.

Welcome back! Hope to see you out there (and shoot you!)

I’m all kitted back up and ready to go. Can’t wait tbh. 

always happy to try new sites too so, no doubt we’ll have a catch up at some point 

Hi @L3wisD! 👋

Thats my general area you mentioned, might of even crossed paths without realising! 🤪👍

@SammieSurrey! 👋

Can recommend Red Alert, my current main map! 😆👍

Planning to go to the Z-mart, hopefully soon to try out some CQB, long overdue! 🤪👍

💷GAMBLE💷

I can't wait to get some CQB in again. its been way too long and my M203 is getting bored

I’ve dodged one in a woodland site! 😅

CQB, restricted on dodging, can I be on your team! 🔫🤪

😂👍

💷GAMBLE💷

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.