Eotech 552 Replicas

BigStew

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi all I have had a few Eotech 552 replicas that weren't dirt cheap but not expensive but they all ghosted if not out the box then after a couple of game days. Are there any replicas that don't ghost sub £100?

1 hour ago, BigStew said:

hi all I have had a few Eotech 552 replicas that weren't dirt cheap but not expensive but they all ghosted if not out the box then after a couple of game days. Are there any replicas that don't ghost sub £100?

Spend some money on a decent clone of the real thing, surely by this stage - you've spent enough to get a real one by now. You can find real EXPS2s for ~350 on Ebay.

32 minutes ago, DrAlexanderTobacco said:

Spend some money on a decent clone of the real thing, surely by this stage - you've spent enough to get a real one by now. You can find real EXPS2s for ~350 on Ebay.

just checked Ebay only real EOTech i found was from Italy and was £600 i wouldn't spend that on a gun let alone a red dot. so to be more precise i have owned 4 EOTech clones  they were crap and in total i spent about £170 

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Holy Warrior, easily the best EOTech clones out there.

Zero parallax error, exact copies barring the mirrored front glass. 

This 👍

• Supporters
6 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Holy Warrior, easily the best EOTech clones out there.

Zero parallax error, exact copies barring the mirrored front glass. 

They aren't showing a 552 on their AliExpress shop at the minute.

1 hour ago, Lozart said:

They aren't showing a 552 on their AliExpress shop at the minute.

Theyhave two shops, Holy Warrior official, and Han War

• Supporters
16 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Theyhave two shops, Holy Warrior official, and Han War

Ah, was only looking at HanWar!

No 552 on the official store either :(

9 minutes ago, Lozart said:

Ah, was only looking at HanWar!

No 552 on the official store either :(

ahh  bugger. Might be worth messaging them on FB, they may have some coming in (2month plus delivery time from China at the moment anyway)

My Eotech is real too but I have searched for alternative dot sights with an Eotech reticule. Tried various types and even HD MRO's

image.png.c5a4097261f6e374345dab84a8712a33.png

The simple answer is, I do not believe you will find one that doesn't bloom/flare/ghost, due to how all the cheaper sights are built. 

They shine an image onto the glass you look through, so you will get the ghost at different angles. Cannot be avoided really.

Here is how an Eotech does it, here is how all cheap red dots do it. 

Hologram                                            vs                                       Reflection

image.thumb.png.af89ab352e08d15c62bfe0fc4c80ea19.png

I have a clone Romeo that doesn’t flare at all, and zero parallax error, but generally I find the biggest problem is parallax not flare.

Holo’s are great, but kill batteries compared to modern LED sights. 50k hours for my Holosun compared to max 10k hours on an EOTech, if that bothers you

50109A13-B937-4A3F-9BAC-7C4108583C87.thumb.jpeg.e263c54c99fd1f652e74634f0548b760.jpegEB17F9F2-AE91-4877-9699-01336BF94CC1.thumb.jpeg.8fa30803c9a8c1bdba8786b70e7b7e77.jpeg

This is the best I can do using my iPhone. Trying to focus on the reticle was a pain. As we all know the EOTech reticule image is made up of lots of holographic dots. It’s not a perfect reticule and there is a small amount of flare if that’s the right word to use. 

1BD8AF52-EE28-403D-99A0-2DC1E2E2E18C.jpeg

On 11/01/2021 at 22:10, Groot said:

Here is how an Eotech does it, here is how all cheap red dots do it.

AFAIK that's how all red dot sights work... the difference between cheaper & more expensive ones is generally the quality of parts/materials (especially the glass - cheaper ones often have a noticeable blue tint to them and/or significantly darken the sight picture) and the overall build quality in general.

In my experience the EOTech clone red dot sights are worse than normal red dots & I wouldn't consider buying one again; the ones I've seen all appear to have the LED positioned towards the front of the unit projecting the reticle on to the rear lens which then reflects it on to the front lens which in turn reflects it back to the shooter. As a result the sight picture tends to be much darker than other red dots due to the extra lens required, the emitter needs to be brighter to compensate for the extra losses, and there's more light projected out of the front of the sight from the rear lens.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.