Starting in CQB

Recoil_

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi all,

I currently have a rifle with a decent length barrel. It's good for most things except for CQB environments, I'm looking for a decent CQB rifle that accepts M4 mags and is ideally of metal construction or mostly metal.

What do people recommend as I'm not too sure as to what's good.

Many thanks

G&G ARP556 would probably be the "go toi" option here. The ARP9 is extremely popular indoors due to it's size and weight and the ARP556 is just a 5.56 chambered version of the same gun (although it also has a metal upper).

Battery space can be a bit tight, you can get an extension tube cheaply and you "should" be using 11.1v 20C batteries as the built in ETU mosfet can be a little fussy (although I'd swap it for the incredibly easy to install Perun ETU++ (no gearbox opening needed) which allows more flexiibilty with batteries and you get pre-cocking, a must for CQB).

What Steve said!

Sort of gutted I sold my ARP9 as it was such a fun little gun, especially with the drum mag!!

I use one of these for CQB. I don't even run a stock on it (although I bought the adapter should I change my mind), just a single point sling on the back and a vertical grip. Not sexy, but I love it.

image.png.270929e523722b150bce7708933c00f7.png

Join the dark side and pick yourself up a hi-capa with a few mags, most fun ive ever had in CQB, alternatively the ARP556 is by far the most popular cqb gun from what I can tell, good bit of kit if you don't mind being written off as a speedysofter. 

Still fairly confident that gas shotties are one of the most fun platforms to use, even if you run them stock, and if not the most fun definitely the most balls to the wall so to speak. Also unless you hpa tap them and run a drum mag I'd consider them very much still be non-speedsoft guns. At the same time, been meaning to try out the dark side and go dual pistols sometime.

Specna Arms Edge range? They have a variety of stubby M4s with an adjustable stock and they come out of the box with a pretty reasonable internal spec for the price. I don’t know if fitting a folding stock is an option/something you would regard as important. 

I would also argue that an often overlooked but crucial element of a CQB RIF is a very high quality external. Personally I prefer a metal upper and lower receiver wherever possible (which SA Edge series has) because I am heavy handed and tend to bang into walls/doors with my weapon/head/kit/body. 

The Specna Edge series, the Cheese lover’s choice.

The gearbox is made of the finest French Brie and is soft and malleable. The bearings are made of a harder cheese, pecorino I think and are prone to exploding. The gearset is made of a good strong cheddar and is therefore less likely, but still known to shatter at the axles. 

Externally, meh. I ended up spraying mine. After repairing it of course.

The non existent airseals caused by the cylinder holes being so rough and unpolished that they’ll actually slice the O-rings in two mean that’s you  may actually do better in a game just taking a bag of BB’s and chucking handfuls at enemy players than taking a Specna Edge.

I hope for their sake they’ve improved the QC but I’m not going near that tyrefire of a brand again. Swish social media presentations don’t make up for assembly issues unfortunately 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.