Electric M4 Airsoft Gun - Worth Selling?

ScottG

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys,

Was cleaning out the garage and came across my M4 electric Airsoft gun. I remember using it a couple of times when I was younger but for some reason it stopped working.

Seams to be in decent shape however missing a battery and the fire mode plastic selector.

Is it worth my while putting it up for sale ? If not might considering trying to repair it.

Thanks for help ! :)

scott

20210109_173119.jpg

• Supporters

Hard to say, does it have a brand anywhere on it ?, If its unbranded then the answer is probably not, it may be made of cheap proprietary parts.

26 minutes ago, ScottG said:

Hi Tackle,

I don't think there is a brand but I remember it was bought for around £170. That was around 6 years ago though.

what you paid for it is pretty irrelevant if you don't know what it is. It's most likely a Chinese clone if there are no brand markings on it. given external condition and that you can't confirm if it functioning and its a two tone maybe some one would gives you £30 for it. 

• Supporters

I'm going to take a WILD stabby guess it is a SRC...

likely a 2 piece hop unit and possibly plastic receiver with loops...

PLASTIC HOP UP UNITS FOR AIRSOFT ARE BAD, BUT YOU'RE WRONG! – Team Black  Sheep Airsoft

Src Mamba S Gen 3 Ebb - Electric Guns - Airsoft Forums UK

qwirky old old school stuff - not bad starter for year 2010

but £70~£100 Cyma M4's now piss all over it

Carbine - front wired, 2 piece hop, oldie loop receiver

not worth a great deal - even if fully functional

Dust cover looks lop-sided in pic, cosmetic, drop down dust cover on mid range sportsline SRC's

(on "some" ultra cheap Dragon SRC's, they were sprung/pull down like G&G CM Carbine/Raiders

& on "some" Dragon's they had a plastic gearbox box (gen 1 perhaps)

But then "some" other Dragon's had drop down dust cover & metal v2 (gen 2 I guess) gearbox

SRC really mix up their stuff, though I expect yours is not a Dragon cheapy SRC

BUT likely to be a gen 2 metal v2 box with SRC green plastic 6mm bushings perhaps

and perhaps a plastic loop receiver

(think the so called Gen 3's were metal receiver & better gearbox with metal bushing/bearings)

Some vids if you are thinking of messing with a SRC...

6mm green bushing box (rear wired - yours is front wired)

here is what your gun "might" be & teardown of it

loopy receiver & maybe metal bearing/bushings not plastic bushings

(still likely alloy dairylea sector gear though)

YES - it is advisable to remove motor grip completely

before seperating "looped" receiver & sliding apart including sliding box out too

(saves them loops snapping off, if you try to open like ICS split gearbox M4)

might be metal one piece hop unit, but SRC & JG kept ye olde 2 piece hop for a while

in some of their cheap~mid range guns

(it really is a bit of lottery what spec some SRC's are - they are a mixed bag around 2015)

it could be a G&G but I'm leaning towards most likely a plastic SRC in that puke green

likely bought from a place with " BB " in its name

(coz I bought one (or two) from there but in black/orange in 2014)

the bloke is a legend - at selling shit plinkers to noobs like moi

missing fire selector - well there isn't one on the side you shown

it is not ambi fire selector, only on one side as first vid shows like most M4's

If you can find a battery/power source & test it

maybe consider tearing it apart if you wish

or shove it up for say £30 or something like somebody suggested as a boneyard 2-tone

SRC - Shiny Rainbow Company (Taiwan) weren't bad back in the day

but have lost ground as cheap Cyma's have improved their cheap as chips starter guns

SRC - Dragon - BullDog M4's are basically same/similar SRC's of one description

they still do some better mid range models but generally SRC's are not that popular now

(£100~£150 can get you a pretty decent starter these days)

in its day it was a pretty decent starter - but even running

I don't see it being worth much more than £50 s/hand

best of luck

It could be an SRC like duck said. My initial guess was the KWA 2GX M4 but the two tone of the stock is different. Could also be a G&G cm16 carbine but we won't know unless there's a picture of the other side. If there's no brand marking on the other side either, then... open it up I guess and check what the gearbox says.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.