So - Does This Count as a RIF? Trigger Warning: Contains Speedsoft

Speedbird_666

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

• Supporters
28 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Just a bit of a rant

It grated with me that Protek are calling the Atom a profession 'marker' for SpeedSoft, @Druid799 can be forgiven for referring to paint markers, but that still grates and people keep posting on the thread waving these blatent 'marker' words in my face.

But one could equally say just because a gimp suit is made of rubber does not mean it’s a divers wet suit either ? 🤔

On 10/01/2021 at 17:03, Adolf Hamster said:

Or looking vaguely like someone else.

Or even not even looking like someone else in the slightest ? 😳

saying that I wouldn’t want to be armed police , at least in the army slotting the target was actually the first option not the last ? 

Splat master Jesus that’s a blast from the past,...

as a retired paint baller current airsofter I have one thing to say about this new platform and that is simply NOPE!,..

what is this abomination? I I wanted to be a soda stream ghost buster I’d still be playing paintball,...

• Supporters
1 hour ago, BobaTheFett said:

what is this abomination? I I wanted to be a soda stream ghost buster I’d still be playing paintball,...

i can only assume it's for people who want to play paintball, but don't like the pain.

for me part of airsoft is the fact we can dress up and have realistic looking gnu's, otherwise i would just play paintball.

The worst part is my aging brain can vaguely work out what that is based on but can’t for the life of me remember what it was called,.. the electro spider,.. or some dodgy impulse clone

• Supporters
7 minutes ago, BobaTheFett said:

The worst part is my aging brain can vaguely work out what that is based on but can’t for the life of me remember what it was called,.. the electro spider,.. or some dodgy impulse clone

looks to me like a karcher handle fitted with an m4 mag

To me it does still look like a copy of a paintball gun rather than normal airsoft as a copy of a real steel gun

The only beneficial element rather than a speedsofter limiting down with lighter cut outs etc, is the curved based fibre wrap style cylinder in their shadowy teaser video 

With the curved base you roll it in your shoulder and with the offset of a ‘stock’ from under the grip frame you can hold the gun in front of your face for line of sight aiming

(even in front of your face as your eyes look past each side - keep both eyes open and your brain combines the view from each eye giving a level of X-ray vision ‘through’ the gun and its barrel

8189308F-F6A3-42B1-B112-FB15BD6BD839.png

18 hours ago, Tommikka said:

(even in front of your face as your eyes look past each side - keep both eyes open and your brain combines the view from each eye giving a level of X-ray vision ‘through’ the gun and its barrel

'tis called Bindon aiming concept.

But anyway, there is a company who makes pistol grip bottle adapters for M4s with I believe integrated regulators, Eurotactics IIRC.

1 hour ago, Skara said:

'tis called Bindon aiming concept.

But anyway, there is a company who makes pistol grip bottle adapters for M4s with I believe integrated regulators, Eurotactics IIRC.

Strictly speaking ‘Bindon aiming concept’ is the trademarked name by an optics company.

Open or closed eye aiming has been around for much longer, and the optical illusion has been entertaining people for centuries, the same as the sausage effect when holding your fingers up

There is also the other method with a pistol etc where you may be more ‘accurate’ shooting from the hip one handed due to natural pointing abilities 

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

There is also the other method with a pistol etc where you may be more ‘accurate’ shooting from the hip one handed due to natural pointing abilities

Yeah some call it natural point of aim or something.

Not that it matters much in airsoft anyway, but it's nice to learn a bit more about the human mechanics in shooting.

I think one method involves your index finger, basically wherever you're pointing at with your finger, the bullet's gonna go.

Can't remember where I read about it though.

• Supporters
1 minute ago, Skara said:

Yeah some call it natural point of aim or something.

Not that it matters much in airsoft anyway, but it's nice to learn a bit more about the human mechanics in shooting.

I think one method involves your index finger, basically wherever you're pointing at with your finger, the bullet's gonna go.

Can't remember where I read about it though.

isn't that the argument for using the middle finger on the trigger? as-in literal point and shoot.

i did find it interesting when i first started using the makarov how much i went full sean connery with the low-down one handed hip firing.

but tbh i've never put as much thought into particular "stances" when shooting, it's a case of get behind the gun, get the sights on target and shoot.

of course that has led to me remaining stubbornly incapable of shooting left-handed/swapping sides gracefully, but i just work round it (mostly by getting someone else to take left hand corners)

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

isn't that the argument for using the middle finger on the trigger? as-in literal point and shoot.

Use of the middle finger as a trigger finger, allowing the index finger to ‘point’ along the body might work.

But doing that with a two handed gun breaks up natural pointing 

(Or at least it does for me)

I can use my index finger as the trigger finger on a pistol and accurately point the barrel.  So I’m maintaining the ‘pointing’ of the hand without literally pointing 

But shift that a fraction to hold with both hands and I’ve shifted my aim slightly. I might hit first time because I’m shooting at a big enough object, or fire another shot once I’ve seen the miss and adjust 

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

of course that has led to me remaining stubbornly incapable of shooting left-handed/swapping sides gracefully, but i just work round it (mostly by getting some else to take left hand corners)

Being able to swap hands was something I used to practice, then I got lazy as it’s easy to get away with it in the woods.

Just adjust position, expose a little more, don’t bother or swap hands and see the balls sway around in every direction 

Going up with the tournament guys as a photographer and joining training sessions ironed out bad habits as well as learning new skills and I gained the ability to hit a barn door first time, then be able to hit a traffic cone etc 

However on one of my few actual tournament appearances I was either last man standing or among the last two.

I was highly abused for failing to switch hands, but instead I swayed left and right behind a bunker, flipping my gun upside down to shoot the left side.

”You can’t shoot upside down, hoppers can’t feed upwards”

Well clearly they can with a force feed hopper (though only for a handfull Of shots while there is something in the stack) which was just enough for me to get away with it and stop anyone from moving forward at me

I didn’t win anything, but didn’t lose, thus holding the point rather than losing or winning

• Supporters
14 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Use of the middle finger as a trigger finger, allowing the index finger to ‘point’ along the body might work.

But doing that with a two handed gun breaks up natural pointing 

(Or at least it does for me)

I can use my index finger as the trigger finger on a pistol and accurately point the barrel.  So I’m maintaining the ‘pointing’ of the hand without literally pointing 

But shift that a fraction to hold with both hands and I’ve shifted my aim slightly. I might hit first time because I’m shooting at a big enough object, or fire another shot once I’ve seen the miss and adjust 

funny i'd have said the opposite.

on a rifle having 2 fingers on the grip is much less of an impact to holding the thing steady than a pistol, for example a really small pistol like a colt 25 feels kind of awkward to shoot because you can't get a solid grip with your pinkie.

each to their own though, i mean i refuse to c-clamp an m4 but i naturally c-clamp an ak because of reasons i'm not entirely sure about.

14 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

Being able to swap hands was something I used to practice, then I got lazy as it’s easy to get away with it in the woods.

Just adjust position, expose a little more, don’t bother or swap hands and see the balls sway around in every direction 

yeah i'm a hedgelurker at heart so often it's very easy to get away with it, especially when you mostly play either the range game or the sneak game, neither of which require massive snap-shooting abilities.

9 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

funny i'd have said the opposite.

on a rifle having 2 fingers on the grip is much less of an impact to holding the thing steady than a pistol, for example a really small pistol like a colt 25 feels kind of awkward to shoot because you can't get a solid grip with your pinkie.

each to their own though, i mean i refuse to c-clamp an m4 but i naturally c-clamp an ak because of reasons i'm not entirely sure about.

There is a definate element of what feels right to an individual

For anything more than a pistol I need to got for two hands, steadiness beating the natural single hand pointing, and practice ‘knowing’ where it will probably go

With a pistol my pointing is more ‘accurate’ if I lift and shoot, if I wait around then I probably lose that initial pointing to waving around or my eyes trying to tell my brain they know where to point

Im big handed, so a small gripped gun won’t work for me, and often something too light just won’t point in the right place, I need to get the ‘feel’ of how much lift I’m putting in

• Supporters
55 minutes ago, Tommikka said:

There is a definate element of what feels right to an individual

For anything more than a pistol I need to got for two hands, steadiness beating the natural single hand pointing, and practice ‘knowing’ where it will probably go

With a pistol my pointing is more ‘accurate’ if I lift and shoot, if I wait around then I probably lose that initial pointing to waving around or my eyes trying to tell my brain they know where to point

Im big handed, so a small gripped gun won’t work for me, and often something too light just won’t point in the right place, I need to get the ‘feel’ of how much lift I’m putting in

this is true it is a very individualised thing.

i agree with you on the instinct shooting for pistols, generally short range it's hip-fire and hope or long range it's careful time on the sights, but in-between i'm pretty much guaranteed to miss unless the other guy isn't looking.

• Supporters

The reason the middle finger is more popular with the ‘dress like a clown speedier’ side of airsofting(more than likely without then even realising it) is you can actually spam a trigger fast with your middle finger than any other finger on your hand . The posterior tendon on the middle finger has the straightest pull of all the tendons on your hand so it can activate much faster than the others .

if you hold your hand in side profile in front of a digital screen and ‘waggle’ each finger you’ll see the middle can go a lot faster than the rest .🖕 

8 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

The reason the middle finger is more popular with the ‘dress like a clown speedier’ side of airsofting(more than likely without then even realising it) is you can actually spam a trigger fast with your middle finger than any other finger on your hand . The posterior tendon on the middle finger has the straightest pull of all the tendons on your hand so it can activate much faster than the others .

if you hold your hand in side profile in front of a digital screen and ‘waggle’ each finger you’ll see the middle can go a lot faster than the rest .🖕 

Hence why it's used in sexual foreplay....🤭🖕

(And its longer)

Regards 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Hence why it's used in sexual foreplay....🤭🖕

(And its longer)

Regards 

Well that was a waste of a good explanation , do you honestly think someone who dresses like that has got close enough to a female who wasn’t a close family member that they could instigate sexual foreplay ? !?!?!? 🤦‍♂️ As if ! 

10 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

Well that was a waste of a good explanation , do you honestly think someone who dresses like that has got close enough to a female who wasn’t a close family member that they could instigate sexual foreplay ? !?!?!? 🤦‍♂️ As if ! 

Haha. 

Sorry to rain on your parade. I was frantically interested in all you said.it will stay with me forever...

I don't get that close to any female these days unless it's dead and on a plate... 😉

Regards 

1 hour ago, Druid799 said:

I might use that as a pulling method to show off my finger skills once I can get outside in public again 

Lock up your wives, sisters, aunties ..... Tom’s waggling his fingers

• Supporters
3 hours ago, Shamal said:

Haha. 

Sorry to rain on your parade. I was frantically interested in all you said.it will stay with me forever...

I don't get that close to any female these days unless it's dead and on a plate... 😉

Regards 

May have been a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time ago but at least you did , dem feckers NEVER will ! 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Tommikka said:

I might use that as a pulling method to show off my finger skills once I can get outside in public again 

Lock up your wives, sisters, aunties ..... Tom’s waggling his fingers

🎵 iggly wiggly finger makes er eyes go pop !🎵

19 minutes ago, Druid799 said:

May have been a loooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggggggggg time ago but at least you did , dem feckers NEVER will ! 🤣🤣🤣

🎵 iggly wiggly finger makes er eyes go pop !🎵

Save some whiskey for tomorrow lol 😀

Regards 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.