Cyma M4 Convert to HPA

Mancave

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I have a Cyma .072 MK12 it has a V2 gearbox.

I want to convert it to a HPA DMR using a wolverine engine.

Has anyone had any issues doing this?

Many Thanks.

• Supporters

depends on what you mean by issues.

getting it to fit, function, and send bb's out of the barrel no i shouldn't imagine any problems at all.

tuning it to perfection, well that's an exponential challenge.

During initial installation the main thing that tends to need addressing is nozzle alignment. Often, but not always, you'll need to add shims to the outside of the gearbox casing/inside of the receiver to ensure the nozzle is sitting centred. Outside of that there is the potential for leaks, generally caused by loose fittings or dead o-rings.

Then you're largely looking at issues with hop parts not marrying up... but that's no different to when you start playing around with the hop/barrel of any RIF. Ultimately that'll be entirely subjective based on the results you're wanting/expecting and how realistic those wants/expectations are, as mentioned above.

Worth noting that these are 'general HPA things' to be aware of, not specific to installation on the specific RIF you've mentioned. There are a whole bunch of YouTube videos covering HPA installation so worth taking a look there if you haven't already.

I asked High Pressure Airsoft about my mates ARP9 and converting that to HPA...they said it would cost £40 to install and test. (He would have to supply the engine or buy one from them...but £40 for fitting etc..not bad)

Maybe worth getting the pro's to do it for you?

(The ARP has shit itself so many times...my mate wants to HPA it..lol)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.