M100 Spring Low FPS

padraigthesniper

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi guys so i just installed a m100 spring from AOLS in my specna arms m4 to boost the fps as it was shooting at 307. now its shooting 280 the description said it should shoot around 330. Is this normal or does my gun have air issues it has the stock barrel and hop up installed at the moment but im waiting on a madbull tightbore and maple leaf bucking and omega nub. i want 330 fps. What should i look out for when making sure my gun has good airseal? The gearbox has a quickchange system that isnt air tight at the back of the gear box is that the issue? it cycles very smoothly no problems with the operation just want that golden 320-330 fps so i can have the maximum range at skirmishing.

Air seal issues are likely to be hop unit or piston. Gearbox should not be airtight at the back. Probably a daft question but you did try it with .20 BBs not heavier ones ( Ive done that before !)

Nick 

Yeah i used Geoff .2's well if its a piston thing im leaving that alone the last gearbox i opened was the biggest pain ever. The gearbox is relatively new the guns only been lightly skirmished. Its probably the hop becuase the i have been having shot consistency issues with the gun since i bought it. When i fit the new hop i will check for problems. Is there anything to look out for when changing the hop up bucking airs seal wise?

Thanks

Hang on a minute let’s rewind.

Did you check your new spring length against the old one? We’re they the same length?

What model is your M4 / I mean how long is the barrel?

44 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Hang on a minute let’s rewind.

Did you check your new spring length against the old one? We’re they the same length?

What model is your M4 / I mean how long is the barrel?

The barrel length is 300mm the spring is longer than the original one that shot at 307 fps

The model is https://www.patrolbase.co.uk/specna-arms-rock-river-arms-sa-e11-edge-carbine?fv=9064

• Supporters

I'm suspecting air seal, but as a general rule its worth having at least one spring around you can be pretty sure of.

Issue is the ratings of different springs can vary with different manufacturers. I've found asg's m95's tend to be pretty reliably 1j in most boxes but i've had m90's shoot higher and m110's shoot lower.

What was the fps variance like before the change? Thats the best you can really do as a test of air seal quality.

2 hours ago, Davegolf said:

Have you measured that inner barrel length yourself?

I only ask as if it is closer to 200mm you are going to need a much stronger spring than M100 for 300 FPS let alone 330

I got the information from the internet the model number typed into google says 300mm. Its looks to be 300mm it fills up the mock surpressor.

1 hour ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I'm suspecting air seal, but as a general rule its worth having at least one spring around you can be pretty sure of.

Issue is the ratings of different springs can vary with different manufacturers. I've found asg's m95's tend to be pretty reliably 1j in most boxes but i've had m90's shoot higher and m110's shoot lower.

What was the fps variance like before the change? Thats the best you can really do as a test of air seal quality.

Yeah thats what i thought. The fps is pretty consistent just not the shots out of 10 shots 3.5 are strays that swing wildly to the side. The fps is always 306-308 mostly 307.  With the new spring all the readings were within the same 2.5fps variance. 

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Generally air seal manifests as vertical dispersion, side to side is something else, by the way your saying it i wanna say you're getting rounds clipping the suppressor giving you those wild fliers.

I think your on to something you may be right as i have camo tape around the surpressor but the barrel is literally less 1-2mm from the end so i dont know how its hitting it. Im gonna remove it and test tomorrow when i can see the bbs. If youre right im gonna laugh so hard becuase wtf i didnt think it could possibly be that. will reply tomorrrow with results either way the hop and barrel upgrade will be good omg lol 🤦‍♂️😂

@padraigthesniper The AOLS M100 springs are pretty much spot on from the batch samples I tested, easily the best of the Chinese springs.  There's always a slim chance the wrong spring got put into the wrong box at the factory however at 280 fps with 0.2g would be something like a M85 spring.  I see you've just ordered up a Rocket M110 spring, that should go out today.

Feel free to send the AOLS M100 back to me for testing, will happily do it.

I just tested the Rocket M110 that is going out to you and it was coming in at M113 with 0.2g, 300mm inner barrel and 3/4 cylinder together with a Maple Leaf MR 60 (no hop).  Let me know what you get from it and we can adjust from there if need be.  Oh and check your bucking for any tears btw just in case.  

2 hours ago, ak2m4 said:

@padraigthesniper The AOLS M100 springs are pretty much spot on from the batch samples I tested, easily the best of the Chinese springs.  There's always a slim chance the wrong spring got put into the wrong box at the factory however at 280 fps with 0.2g would be something like a M85 spring.  I see you've just ordered up a Rocket M110 spring, that should go out today.

Feel free to send the AOLS M100 back to me for testing, will happily do it.

I just tested the Rocket M110 that is going out to you and it was coming in at M113 with 0.2g, 300mm inner barrel and 3/4 cylinder together with a Maple Leaf MR 60 (no hop).  Let me know what you get from it and we can adjust from there if need be.  Oh and check your bucking for any tears btw just in case.  

Thanks man, its cool the spring is quality just didnt shoot as hard in my setup i dont know what power spring was in the gun originally as patrol base downgraded it to be site legal. I'll test the m110 when it arrives if the m100 was correct should be aroun d the goal fps. If it shoots 380 with the spring then i'll send the old m100 back as that would tell me its the wrong power possibly. Im waiting on a barrel and hop up parts from patrol base when that comes i'll let you guys know the results i can test both springs quickly the gearbox is quick change spring. The aols spring is quality though the gun cycles very smooth with it in, would of got m110 aols but i couldnt see one in stock. 

Thanks for the help man 

16 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

It doesnt take much.

Was warring with an lct pbs4 before lockdown that insisted on sending odd fliers, i really need to learn to stop buying lct stuff.....

Just tested the accuracy with the camo tape off and its shoot more consistant definitley it probably slipped to close to the barrel during a skirmish and i didnt notice. Its still not as accurate as i would like so hopefully the hop up and inner barrel replacement improve it. You were right 👍

So all the parts finally came and i tested it. The rocket m110 shot at 334 with the original barrel and hop perfect fps and the jump from 290 to 330 tells me the first spring was the right power the gun must have a different air intake to the usual guns. All is good.  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.