The Zuckerpurge Has Begun

Cromulon1994

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

The biggest UK airsoft facebook group has been removed.

It was only a matter of time. 

Hopefully the upside is a return to forums, ideally this one.

13 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

I’ve only just started using Facebook (almost 50 years old,and a Luddite)

It won’t be a huge loss to me, I do prefer a forum, I find it far easier to navigate for information and a lot less tolerant of cockwombles and keyboard warriors 👍

Here here 

19 minutes ago, Davegolf said:

Do you know the reasoning for removal?

A friend admins it. A post over a year old, flagged by a bot it appears. No idea really why but poof, UKAC is gone.

15 minutes ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

Almost 66 and never have and never will subscribe or partake of the absolute crap which is fishhook. 

Luddite and proud! 

There, rant over. That wasn't too bad was it?

Peace and good happiness stuff👍🙂

Regards 

52 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

Hopefully the upside is a return to forums, ideally this one.

I think this is inevitable in the long term for Airsoft.

Facebook hates anything contrary to their arbitrary values and politics in the bubble known as Silicon Valley.

• Supporters

Must admit, i'm not a fan of the habit of stuff getting straight up yeeted these days.

Unless its seriously egregious can it at least just be locked so what information is on there isnt lost to time?

Tbh ive never partaken in fb groups for hobbies like these, the forum environment is just superior, only time i go on there is to check when a site opens.

I’ve never found Facebook groups particularly helpful on subjects like this anyway, too much censorship/control not able to organise discussions or threads. This place is so much more helpful and easy to navigate IMO. 

Facebook does have its uses for quick updates or sharing of info/company adverts but that’s where it’s limited. 

1 hour ago, Enid_Puceflange said:

It won’t be a huge loss to me, I do prefer a forum, I find it far easier to navigate for information and a lot less tolerant of cockwombles and keyboard warriors 👍

Also you get answers from people who actually know what they are doing rather than ' my mate's brothers , bosses dog walker reckons'

Nick

• Supporters
1 hour ago, AlphaBear said:

@TackleHey I used to like the Wombles... 😂

Hold on, the more you think of the theme tune the more wrong it sounds 😂

Lol, showing your age now, I'm 53 & can't remember the theme tune, you must be feckin ancient.....

Is this you at your last game 😜

8bb1ee973ad333e8c9c1a86e1bcd0281--arnold-ridley-qrp.jpg

• Mostly Retired Moderators
3 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

A friend admins it.

That's cheating, you can't say that.

Will Greenwood will accept a friend request from anyone!

It was quite nice to see lots of folks on Facebook groups recommend this place as a safe haven / alternative.

• Supporters
30 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

It was quite nice to see lots of folks on Facebook groups recommend this place as a safe haven / alternative.

I always do, did so in fact last night, although I'm not a member of many groups on there, when the question of selling etc comes up I'll always holler AFUK 

36 minutes ago, L3wisD said:

Does this mean we have to put LOL at the end or start one-up-manship in every post now???

with the new full on lockdown in England & Scotland there’s not gonna be much pew-pew’ing going off for the next 3 months (2 if we are super lucky)

2 hours ago, L3wisD said:

That's cheating, you can't say that.

Will Greenwood will accept a friend request from anyone!

Ah, not him. 

I’m a member of quite a few Facebook groups Including the TM NGRS/MWS and MK23 groups all of which were brought to my attention by peeps on here. And I’ve actually directed people onto AFUK especially when it comes to matters concerning MWS’s as we have the biggest knowledge base all matters MWS. So kudos to our members on here! We seem to know our shit. Amen. 

2fb1f0ff1589fb03ffa4814f3aef0929.jpg

Good riddance to bad rubbish. Airsoft faceache groups were nothing but idiots spouting rubbish and attention seeking wannabe airsoft celebrities desperate for likes and subs for their shitty carbon copy goontube channels. Ukac was one of the worst for it 

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.