Cyma Cm.045c

Zitch

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

So I think I have finally decided to get a cm.045c as my first rif. Seems fairly good out of the box but looking for upgrade/loadout recommendations. 

so far I’m thinking of installing a mosfet, most likely a DIY job purely for trigger protection/response. 
replacing the barrel and possibly hop up. 

loadout-just simple red dot, small fold away front grip as room may be an issue with aj style mags. 

cheers

33 minutes ago, Zitch said:

So I think I have finally decided to get a cm.045c as my first rif. Seems fairly good out of the box but looking for upgrade/loadout recommendations. 

so far I’m thinking of installing a mosfet, most likely a DIY job purely for trigger protection/response. 
replacing the barrel and possibly hop up. 

loadout-just simple red dot, small fold away front grip as room may be an issue with aj style mags. 

cheers

Try it first. Shock,horror.you may just like it as is! Lol

Purely personal opinion but I think a fold up front grip would look pants.🤔

Form an orderly queue for lambasting that suggestion. 🙂👍

Regards 

5 minutes ago, Shamal said:

Try it first. Shock,horror.you may just like it as is! Lol

Purely personal opinion but I think a fold up front grip would look pants.🤔

Form an orderly queue for lambasting that suggestion. 🙂👍

Regards 

Haha yea good chance I will like it , and upgrades will be further down the line and likely when things fail, “if it ain’t broke” however I am thinking of adding the mosfet just for the protection and allow future use of 11.1v. 

Absolutely cracking bit of kit. I wish I got it as my first. Only thing I could recommend changing on it would be the air nozzle however this was just for my preference. 

The hop is absolutely fine and easily slings .28’s. 

As Shamal says, play with it first or at least put a few mags down your garden. 

50 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Absolutely cracking bit of kit. I wish I got it as my first. Only thing I could recommend changing on it would be the air nozzle however this was just for my preference. 

The hop is absolutely fine and easily slings .28’s. 

As Shamal says, play with it first or at least put a few mags down your garden. 

nice one, thanks for the recommendation on the nozzle! 

Hi @Zitch! 👋

AK, ok!!!! 🔫😆

CYMA, good choice for beginning, bought my fair share of varieties, some are still factory setting and a few internal changes! 🤔👍

I have an E&L version, classic look! 🔫

It’s preference for customising.

If your going for that more tactical look, a red dot sight on the top rail, yes, beware the side mount scope rail, will stop you from closing your folding stock. 
The grip that’s up to you and same with the internal, though try it out in back garden and a few games, then decide on tech work? 🤔

When you get it, make sure to post a pic on this topic and have fun when you can? 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

7 minutes ago, GAMBLE said:

Hi @Zitch! 👋

AK, ok!!!! 🔫😆

CYMA, good choice for beginning, bought my fair share of varieties, some are still factory setting and a few internal changes! 🤔👍

I have an E&L version, classic look! 🔫

It’s preference for customising.

If your going for that more tactical look, a red dot sight on the top rail, yes, beware the side mount scope rail, will stop you from closing your folding stock. 
The grip that’s up to you and same with the internal, though try it out in back garden and a few games, then decide on tech work? 🤔

When you get it, make sure to post a pic on this topic and have fun when you can? 🔫😎👍

💷GAMBLE💷

Thanks for the reply, I will put a pic up when I get one, along with any loadout or upgrade I may end up doing. But as suggested for now I will just get a feel for it as it comes. :) 

9 hours ago, Zitch said:

Thanks for the reply, I will put a pic up when I get one, along with any loadout or upgrade I may end up doing. But as suggested for now I will just get a feel for it as it comes. :) 

Honestly, don't get sucked down the rabbit hole of upgrades like I and so many others have. My first gun was a Nuprol Delta Enforcer £219.00 new. The CM.045 was better in almost every way. I threw MONEY at the Nuprol and granted it turned out to be a beast but I would've been more than happy with the CYMA as my first'n.

I stuck a Gate Nano ASR in mine, with 16AWG Alpha wire. Didn't make that much difference TBH. You can argue that it helps the trigger contacts, but I had guns running 2S LiPos for nearly a decade without a Mosfet and they never had an issue.

Best upgrades are - a thorough barrel-clean (the stock barrel is decent enough), a new hop rubber/nub, adding a deans connector and maybe a higher torque motor. Total cost under £50.

I would leave everything else stock until it breaks. Mine was actually reasonably well shimmed and greased out of the box.

The CM.045 is a chunky thing (all AKs are), so once you start bolting things up front it becomes pretty nose-heavy. I found the stock grip to be a bit uncomfortable when trying to do stuff like reloading. A £5 Cyma Ergonomic grip helped sort that.

Awesome thanks for the replies guys, sounds pretty impressive out of the box. :) I am looking to get into teching but think my best bet would be getting hold of some boneyard items for that and leave the CM as stock until I’m more confident and when it needs it. 

18 minutes ago, Zitch said:

Awesome thanks for the replies guys, sounds pretty impressive out of the box. :) I am looking to get into teching but think my best bet would be getting hold of some boneyard items for that and leave the CM as stock until I’m more confident and when it needs it. 

I'd say get something that works rather than a boneyard whether it be a CYMA 506 (68£) or something so you know before you open the gearbox it works. Take it apart clean it etc. That way you know if you've done something wrong. However, each to their own - I learned the hard way and ended up sending a bag of bits to a tech then kicking myself for paying for the work to be done. Looking back I know what the problem was... I love how teching is the 2nd part of the hobby, I enjoy it nearly as much as actually playing. 

52 minutes ago, Speedbird_666 said:

Best upgrades are - a thorough barrel-clean (the stock barrel is decent enough), a new hop rubber/nub, adding a deans connector and maybe a higher torque motor. Total cost under £50.

PM me that parts list for under £50 mate!! haha 

15 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

I'd say get something that works rather than a boneyard whether it be a CYMA 506 (68£) or something so you know before you open the gearbox it works. Take it apart clean it etc. That way you know if you've done something wrong. However, each to their own - I learned the hard way and ended up sending a bag of bits to a tech then kicking myself for paying for the work to be done. Looking back I know what the problem was... I love how teching is the 2nd part of the hobby, I enjoy it nearly as much as actually playing. 

Yea I love tinkering and fixing things (I’m an engineer) so I think I will end up probably teching more in the long run especially with the current climate. Good shout on getting something that is already working, I just enjoy brining things back to life, however I will need to have a level of understanding first so the working route is probably the best place to start. :) 

• Supporters

Cyma upgrades?

Bunch of cyma 140 round mid caps, Bag of geoffs and a cleaning rod

If you really wanna push the boat out:

E&c brass nozzle, new piston o ring, maple leaf macaron+omega nub, bit of air seal work and a warfet.

Put it together right and on 11.1v you'll have an evil wee gat.

23 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Cyma upgrades?

Bunch of cyma 140 round mid caps, Bag of geoffs and a cleaning rod

If you really wanna push the boat out:

E&c brass nozzle, new piston o ring, maple leaf macaron+omega nub, bit of air seal work and a warfet.

Put it together right and on 11.1v you'll have an evil wee gat.

Thanks for the reply. Is it worth adding the Warfet over a standard mosfet? I’m not really fussed about having any programmability, would just be looking for contact protection if I run an 11.1. Saying that low battery protection would also be a benefit. 

• Supporters
2 minutes ago, Zitch said:

Thanks for the reply. Is it worth adding the Warfet over a standard mosfet? I’m not really fussed about having any programmability, would just be looking for contact protection if I run an 11.1. Saying that low battery protection would also be a benefit. 

really depends on what you want/how you play.

something like a nanoasr will give basic contact protection easy enough. i'd stay away from using anything with active braking that doesn't also have precocking (which the warfet does), active brake on it's own has a nasty habit of causing lockups on ak boxes.

precocking will give snappier trigger response in semi auto, the gun will run fine without it but if you do a lot of semi auto shooting it can be nice to have.

reason i'd say the nanoasr is it's the same wiring on the gun as the warfet, so if you ever want to get something fancier it's plug and play (no point re-wiring the gun twice)

21 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

reason i'd say the nanoasr is it's the same wiring on the gun as the warfet, so if you ever want to get something fancier it's plug and play (no point re-wiring the gun twice)

This is why I put a Nano ASR in mine. At some point I might stick a WarFET in. But it works nicely as-is.

I wouldn't run an 11.1v. Mine, like @RonLancs had overspin when I tested it.

You can get a solid 15-16 RPS with just a high torque and 7.4v LiPo. That, and a 11.1v would be harder to get into the very limited battery space, whereas a 7.4v Turnigy Stick battery fits perfectly into the mock gas tube.

Again, the gun is very usable out of the box, upgrades can come later.

• Supporters
29 minutes ago, RonLancs said:

Might be looking at overspin with 11.1 I know I did. So aside from contact protection take that into consideration. 

Stock motor? Not had that.

Granted you get a fair bit of free precocking but not enough to fire a second round.

4 minutes ago, Adolf Hamster said:

Granted you get a fair bit of free precocking but not enough to fire a second round.

Stock motor mate.. After wiring it to deans the 11.1 was the first thing I tried.. You can get away with one or two but after the 3rd - 4th round you get the overspin. My CYMA MP5 however loves the 11.1. 

1 minute ago, Adolf Hamster said:

I had double-shooting in semi with a fresh battery, it would settle as the battery voltage dropped a little but it was still heavily pre-cocking. The newer motors apparently have Neo-magnets.

Awesome cheers guys, I will stick with the 7.4 and nano for now and look further down the line at other upgrade either as things fail/performance drops or if my collection grows and I can afford to tinker. :)

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.