Tracer Bb Compatability

Spartan09

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

hi guys.
may be a bit of a noob question.
i have just bought this hop unit with built in tracer unit: https://www.airsoftatlanta.com/products/maxx-model-me-pro-hop-up-chamber-m4-aeg-w-led-tracer  and i was wondering if anyone had experience with this unit, or if anyone knows whether the tracer unit would illuminate red tracer BBs.

my plan is to run a mix of my usual valkyrie .25 non tracers with a few red tracer BBs mixed in to aid in ranging etc as well as running red tracers t be able to differentiate from other tracers as most people at the sites i frequent (those who use tracers) all use green tracers.  if not then i will have to use green as well.  i am already looking at ASG blasters or Nuprol RZR red.

thank you in advance

All tracer units light up red or greens, they work on light from the UV spectrum.

Reds are not as bright but are perfectly adequate.

5 minutes ago, Cromulon1994 said:

All tracer units light up red or greens, they work on light from the UV spectrum.

thank you for your reply.  i asked the question as i saw on firesupports website on one of the red tracer bb pages that some tracers would not light up red tracers, before recommending an ASG tracer, hence my noob question...   never used tracers before

54 minutes ago, Spartan09 said:

thank you for your reply.  i asked the question as i saw on firesupports website on one of the red tracer bb pages that some tracers would not light up red tracers, before recommending an ASG tracer, hence my noob question...   never used tracers before

Great fun. Especially down the tunnels under portsdown hill.

I like it when they hit the walls and bounce around like crazy colliding molecules. 

I'll shut up now.....🤭

Regards 

14 hours ago, Shamal said:

I'll shut up now.....🤭

No no...  do continue =P

18 hours ago, Cromulon1994 said:

The tracers I've had have said green only - and being obtuse, I tested them with reds - and nope, they didn't work with reds. 
Xcortech XT301 and Acetech predator were the ones I tried with.

1 hour ago, sonofsammo said:

The tracers I've had have said green only - and being obtuse, I tested them with reds - and nope, they didn't work with reds. 

Uh. Never had an issue. They are never as bright though.

Fair enough.

On 03/01/2021 at 16:31, sonofsammo said:

hmm..  seems most tracers i look at only list compatability with green tracers...

On 03/01/2021 at 18:43, Hatchet said:

Acetech list different effectiveness for different models. Might be worth seeing if your manufacturer of choice does the same.

i tried checking for a compatability chart or information on the tracer fitted to that MAXX hop unit, but i believe it has UV LEDs,  and talking to a couple of friends not on this forum it seems that red tracers will only work with white light LED tracer units....    guess i will just have to use green tracer BBs after all...  

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.