3d Printed Holsters / Gash?

Enid_Puceflange

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Waiting on a mk23 arriving and torn between buying a traditional adjustable, one-size-fits-all type holster , or one of the 3d printed qr type like in the picture

question is, is the 3d printed gear up to the task, strength wise?

Edited by Enid_Puceflange

Had a printed dtd one for a couple of years, granted I haven’t used it that much in all honesty but it’s solid. They have been making them and people have been printing them for ages now.

I would confidently use a printed holster in games.

I would consider a branded one like the DTD over one knocked up in a blocks man cave if you had some doubts

• Supporters

The 3d jobbies are way better than the generic wrap around "drop your mags" crap, the only other viable alternative is the real steel leet holster, the brand escapes me but last time I saw one it was about £160 s/h 😱

• Supporters

all boils down to the quality of the print.

if it's the low density pla that so much of this stuff seems to be then no i wouldn't trust it an inch

if it's decent high density nylon then it could be surprisingly tough.

They tend to be a bit more expensive (about an extra £10 if memory serves) but the latest iteration of the DTD retention holsters are injection moulded rather than 3D printed (though as mentioned previously the quality of the material is just as important as the process of manufacture). I have one and it’s very sturdy, retention is great. I do tend to mount my Mk23 in a generic universal holster which is cable tied to my chest rig these days, and use a 3D printed stubby suppressor to reduce how awkward the draw is with a more conventional holster (how you play will tend to dictate how important a quick draw is). This is largely down to how I’m playing when using the Mk23, much more crouching/laying/prone at awkward angles so I found it much easier to access on my chest versus my leg.

I’ll leave a link here to the DTD one, worth researching to see if places have them cheaper if it’s a route you’d be interested in. There’s a few colours, and left handed versions available (thought I believe the left handed versions are still 3D printed).

Also worth noting you’d need some sort of attaching clip, I’ll pop links below for the options I’m aware of:

Belt Clip

MOLLE

Paddle

Good luck in figuring out which way you want to go, hopefully this is useful for making an informed decision.

Thanks lads

its a coin flip and a gamble at the quality of the print by the sounds of it

seller doesn’t accept return, so doesn’t really fill me with confidence 

“buy it cheap,buy it twice” is ringing in my head

• Supporters
2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

all boils down to the quality of the print.

if it's the low density pla that so much of this stuff seems to be then no i wouldn't trust it an inch

if it's decent high density nylon then it could be surprisingly tough.

Ask Jon, @AK47frizzle, for a price, he does good work and uses the harder filament.

40 minutes ago, Tackle said:

Ask Jon, @AK47frizzle, for a price, he does good work and uses the harder filament.

Woops, too late, hit the button on it already

shall do a review and post photos when I get it, got a game on the 10th so it’ll be tested by then 😂👍

As already mentioned by couple of guys @alxndrhll @Albiscuit,the double tap design rigs are excellent and rugged.👍

I was thinking of going down that route Samurai, but with my Mk23 being an all plastic rif (TM) I’m not too worried about scratching it up as I would if it were a metal bodied / slide gbb 

17 hours ago, Samurai said:

I prefer a soft holster that protects the gun. I lay on it or crawl sometimes. Also, it's closer to the body.

Similar thing happened to me.i was crawling through some ferns and felt something hard under me 'fuck I must be enjoying this more than I should' then I realised it was the mk23 supressor! 🤭😉

Regards 

The DTD holsters all have a MAP price of £40 so you will find the same price generally where ever you look, unless your lucky and find a discount code!

The latest iteration of the left-handed DTD holster is now injection molded and they are no longer 3D printing them.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.