Gbb Pistol Won't Cycle Properly

2RIR

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Good afternoon airsofters, I was hoping for a bit of insight into what would stop a gbb pistol from cycling properly, I have a tokyo marui strike warrior 1911 and after about 10 rounds it just point blanks refuses to cycle, it will only blow back but not forward, when I first encountered this issue I was playing indoors, so I thought maybe the temperature was to blame but my sons Foliage warrior which is basically the same weopon worked fine, cheers hope you are all safe and well and had a good Christmas, looking forward to hearing from you. 

do you mean the slid stop is locking the slide back after 10 shots or is the slide just sticking? if its the later have you oiled the gun if its dry that could be causing it to stick?

Could be a whole host of issues, 

Start with, is it maintained the same as the other pistol? Using the same gas? Is it the same age? Are you both using identical TM mags?

1911 of all airsoft flavours are notorious for being inefficient as the gas reservoir in the mag is so small. They really suffer badly from cool down, so if you’re rapid firing it will make a huge difference.

• Supporters

is it still blowing all the way back? or is it short-stroking then getting caught because it's halfway through the cycle?

also is the gun new-ish or has it been around a bit? i've seen 1911's with worn trigger sears catch on the hammer as the hammer is sitting further up than it normally should.

Make sure you lube the slide. My Strike Warrior barely fired 5 shots out of the box before running out of gas. Now it gets through a full mag during the warmer of the three seasons. 

2 hours ago, Adolf Hamster said:

is it still blowing all the way back? or is it short-stroking then getting caught because it's halfway through the cycle?

also is the gun new-ish or has it been around a bit? i've seen 1911's with worn trigger sears catch on the hammer as the hammer is sitting further up than it normally should.

Got it before lockdown it's literally been used about 10 times I lube it be4 each skirmish but yeah after about 10 it blows back but not the whole way forward 

2 hours ago, Steveocee said:

Strip, clean, lube, rebuild.

It's a 1911 so I would't generally expect much into the mid teens of shots before it needs regassing. If you fill a mag with BB and gas then shoot until it stops, then regas, does it continue to fire?

No i have a few mags for it so when I changed mags it keeps doing it so I started using my sons Foliage warrior thinking it was the temp as it was cold but his worked perfectly. I'm gonna strip it down give it a clean and a lube and try it again, if it happens again I'll video it and put it on to let you see. 

1 hour ago, Asomodai said:

Make sure you lube the slide. My Strike Warrior barely fired 5 shots out of the box before running out of gas. Now it gets through a full mag during the warmer of the three seasons. 

All lubed up be4 each skirmish force of habit to keep my weopons clean

2 hours ago, rocketdogbert said:

Could be a whole host of issues, 

Start with, is it maintained the same as the other pistol? Using the same gas? Is it the same age? Are you both using identical TM mags?

1911 of all airsoft flavours are notorious for being inefficient as the gas reservoir in the mag is so small. They really suffer badly from cool down, so if you’re rapid firing it will make a huge difference.

Yeah bought at the same time, same mags as he's only 12 he would use his sidearm more than me, don't know why but his worked spot on in the same environment so that's why I ruled out the cold. I was using green gas for both, never tried any other gas. 

15 minutes ago, 2RIR said:

Yeah bought at the same time, same mags as he's only 12 he would use his sidearm more than me, don't know why but his worked spot on in the same environment so that's why I ruled out the cold. I was using green gas for both, never tried any other gas. 

Are you firing faster? If he’s only 12, that migh t be the difference

Well gentlemen finally got round to looking at my pistol, as you know it wasn't cycling properly, just ran 2 mags threw it out the back of the house with no problems, and it's about 1°C outside so whatever it was it's fixed itself, I'll strip clean Re lube and wait till mid Feb untill airsoft reopens and try it in the field. Thanks for all the insights on what it might be, be safe see you on the field. 

• Supporters
17 minutes ago, 2RIR said:

Well gentlemen finally got round to looking at my pistol, as you know it wasn't cycling properly, just ran 2 mags threw it out the back of the house with no problems, and it's about 1°C outside so whatever it was it's fixed itself, I'll strip clean Re lube and wait till mid Feb untill airsoft reopens and try it in the field. Thanks for all the insights on what it might be, be safe see you on the field. 

did you leave the gun/mags outside for a while before testing?

cos they need a while to cool down before the cold really takes effect.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.