L85a1 Looking for Advice to Sell

Katty

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Hi! I've just been directed here as a place I might get some help/advice. I have a L85a1 airsoft gun that I inherited after my cousin passed away that has been sat in my loft for the last 8 years and I have literally no idea what to do with it! Can I just sell it? I assume it's not something I would need a permit or a licence to own or sell but I honestly have zero idea! Any help or advice would be most welcome! 

IMG_20201201_112743.jpg

IMG_20201201_112751.jpg

IMG_20201201_112824.jpg

No permit or licence required.

However it’s ‘realistic’ and as a seller you are responsible under the VCRA to be reasonably confident that the buyer is over 18 and intends to use it for one of the permitted activities.  The UKARA is a membership scheme that is the most commonly recognised route for a buyer to show their ‘defence’

Looking at the age and setup I think It might be the academy plastic bodied SA-80.

It's a pretty rare gun, but I don't think it's collectable, since more realistic metal bodied SA-80's have been about for just about as long as that one. If it is the plastic bodied version they were sold as budget guns back in the day. Roughly half the price of the Star/Ares metal bodied version.

Realistically I don't think it's worth a lot, Some collectors might want one for the novelty value, but new SA80's start at about £160ish and that is with a fully metal body and standardised gearbox.... This might not be a standard gearbox due to the age.

You don't need a licence to own or sell it.

You do need to ensure the person you sell it to has valid defence. Ukara membership is the easiest way to tell, A typical airsoft player will have a code and you can just phone any airsoft shop to check the code is real. Firesupport are very good for this. https://www.fire-support.co.uk/

I don't think I could price it for you... It'll be sold untested, It's not a current make, and it's of a construction type that is not common. So realistically it's a wall hanger to a collector. So £50-80 would be my guess but I could be very very far off the mark with that.

If it's not the academy then it might be a springer, It's the only way I can account for the plastic body.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.