Buying From Asia

Smee

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

I’m just starting in airsoft and been looking around at prices and the Asian sites seem to be very cheap, but i am wondering if there’s duty to pay when it gets to the UK is this the case ?

Duty to pay and possibly  a handling fee.  Royal Mail charge about £8 for international imports.  

Take the invoice total including postage as the valuation.

(Note that Border Force can disregard declared valuations and declare a value in the UK market)

Expect to pay 20% import VAT, possibly import duty (depending on item classification - could be 3.2%)

Then for the holding of the package pending payment and handling of fees the importing carrier charges their fee which can be anything from £8 to £20

E.g. you pay £100 on the purchase, then get a bill for £23.20 + handling fee

The final cost being between £131.20 and £143.20

For actual weapons and more substantial stuff, stick with the UK.

I order a lot of parts from the likes of Rainbow8, X-Fire and Asiaairsoft and they are generally cheaper than UK and so far nothing has hit the border wall but wouldn't want the merriment of trying to liaise a UKARA RIF through or anthing similar.

Had more issues getting stuff from US to be honest.

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.