St Lee Enfield Is Finally Here

Armo1000

This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Well they said 2020 and they didn’t lie, only just (will probably be a few months more till we see them here in the UK though).

I believe this rifle is a springer as well which is nice to see. 

with this and the G&G No4 on the horizon it’s great to finally see some Enfield rifles on the Airsoft market place. 

78001CF7-B60C-40D7-9C20-B7E60FAD7E20.jpeg

5E2AFDCC-97DF-4807-9EF9-23BA9AF5A7DF.jpeg

EA140B23-AE9E-4FCA-91A5-6499B395CC52.jpeg

E66E86A0-8204-4143-A00A-19AEE1146142.jpeg

But the No.4 by G&G will be shit.  Sorry G&G cannot do gas rifles.  Disappointed that this is an SMLE as would love a proper spring No.4 but its going straight onto the must buy list if it looks this good.

5 hours ago, kasaran said:

oooh, any idea on cost yet?

Based on their K98s and Springfield's, probably in the £200-300 range which is very affordable indeed, unlike some others makes.... Red wolf "cough, cough"

5 hours ago, EvilMonkee said:

But the No.4 by G&G will be shit.  Sorry G&G cannot do gas rifles.  Disappointed that this is an SMLE as would love a proper spring No.4 but its going straight onto the must buy list if it looks this good.

Agreed their last efforts have been less than desirable, although it does look like they are doing something interesting with the gas system. Either it will be a total flop or might me kinda revolutionary.

2 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I'd rather have a real one...
£300? Ouchy!

Well yes, but really nice ones are well pricey. A guy I knew, who died just before Christmas,  bought one new in the late forties. Last year he was offered £10k for it at Bisley, he said no 😱

3 hours ago, sonofsammo said:

I'd rather have a real one...
£300? Ouchy!

Conssidering most other Airsoft WW2 rifles are much more expensive, and the last Enfield on the market (Red wolf) was around £600-700! I would consider £200-300 a very reasonable price. Any less would be sacrificing on quality, anyway this isn’t meant to be some cheep starter gun. 

19 hours ago, Armo1000 said:

Considering most other Airsoft WW2 rifles are much more expensive, and the last Enfield on the market (Red wolf) was around £600-700! I would consider £200-300 a very reasonable price. Any less would be sacrificing on quality, anyway this isn’t meant to be some cheep starter gun. 

True. But I was comparing it to the real one I shot at the shooting club I go to, which was up for sale at £360. 
Hence me making a joke with RDB when he said he'd rather have a co2 one...

• Supporters

Has to be said that I think what people really want is a nice spring No4 and I never looked before now but I'm amazed the red wolf cost that much given the many notorious errors and quality issues.  Well.. not amazed, this is the airsoft world, we expect perfection for pennies in tiny production quantities and some of the manufacturers are pretty clueless, but anyway.  Hopefully if S&T can use a fair amount of these same parts they could also do a No4 after this without too much extra difficulty.

6 hours ago, TheFull9 said:

Has to be said that I think what people really want is a nice spring No4 and I never looked before now but I'm amazed the red wolf cost that much given the many notorious errors and quality issues.  Well.. not amazed, this is the airsoft world, we expect perfection for pennies in tiny production quantities and some of the manufacturers are pretty clueless, but anyway.  Hopefully if S&T can use a fair amount of these same parts they could also do a No4 after this without too much extra difficulty.

Yeah the Red Wolf was a total joke and greedy cash grab. Just because its an uncommon gun they thought they could charge that much for it. The worrying part is that if not for the rifle itself being awful they might have gotten away with it.

• Supporters

I'm sure that's quite possibly part of it, but it's likely a lot of the price was down to the fact they would have had (maybe) a couple of hundred made and tiny production quantities like that are going to incur very high prices.  If anyone has the inside track at RW and knows different for a fact I'd be interested to hear it, but the aforementioned is the general rule in manufacturing.

• 3 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this would fit the Bayonet? I would like to buy this and if it doesn't fit I would probably buy a shoot & scoot rubber bayonet. And I'm also assuming that we will use the magazine rather than stripper clips like some Airsoft k98s.

• 4 months later...
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.