Our War

Cyrax
This thread is over three months old. Please be sure that your post is appropriate as it will revive this otherwise old (and possibly forgotten) topic.

Im a bit behind, watching this on catch up tv but it is an amazing programme, and if you haven't seen it i recommend watching, for a few reasons.

It is as close to war as you will ever get without being a soldier. This is full on, and whilst you are watching it remember to take a step back and think, the people being killed are real people, with families. Just like yours. It is a sobering thought, and adds some depth to those "A British Soldier has been killed today in Helmand province" headlines that you just read, remember for a few mins and then forget.

It is interesting too, to observe people in a combat situation. I can safely say 99% of our troops are brilliant, and in a fight they keep themselves together. Training kicks in.

Take out the fact that airsofters dont use real bullets, replace the gun shot sounds with "plink" and it looks much like an airsoft game, which i found slightly strange but also made me realize the depth to the realism of the sport.

This last decade has allowed us to see war in its truest form. I respected soldiers before, more so than many of my friends because I have done research on war and combat. But this ups it to a new level for me. I feel a true empathy with them now, and more educated on the matter.

Utmost respect for our troops, rest in peace those who have fallen in the line of duty for our country, and safely bring home the rest.

Watch if you get chance.

me and my mates have been watching it and every time a towns named all you hear is "oh i was there" "been there" "drove past it" etc

its a very good show, its a true documentary.

i sat with my friend and watched it(he is very against pretty much every war) and he turned and said to me "see i bet after watching that you dont want to join the army now do you"

to which i replied "ive always known what being a soldier means, and ive always known the cost which it can bring. and in a heart beat id love to be there"

its one of those things, you're either born with the soldier mentality or not.

Archived